Windows 10: Windows Photos App is PATHETIC !!!!!!!

Discus and support Windows Photos App is PATHETIC !!!!!!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ever since i moved from Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 the Photo viewer app in Windows has been super slow. What is this issue and how many years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Khushi-008, May 13, 2020.

1. Windows Photos App is PATHETIC !!!!!!!

Ever since i moved from Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 the Photo viewer app in Windows has been super slow. What is this issue and how many years will it take for you guys to fix it. Windows 7 was smooth in opening Image files, but opening an image in Windows 10 tests our patience. My business laptop is an i7 processor machine with 8 GB RAM, what else is required to open a image faster ?

When Windows 10 tries to open an image it loads like **** and hangs the PC for 5-10 secs. This is for every PC i worked on so far. All our Business Laptops are formatted and provided with max power which handles intensive applications for graphical works but failed to open an image in less than few secs. I am posting this after so many years of frustrating experience with Windows Photo App.

Is Microsoft Windows team gonna do anything in this lock down at their home to fix this issue with everyone?

Regards

Windows User

:)

Khushi-008, May 13, 2020

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, May 13, 2020
  4. Windows Photos App is PATHETIC !!!!!!!

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Photos App is PATHETIC !!!!!!!

1. Windows Photos App is PATHETIC !!!!!!! - Similar Threads - Photos App PATHETIC

2. Photos on the Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos on the Photos app: whenever i open a photo on the photos app the window is blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-on-the-photos-app/fd33ab0a-316b-4f83-88cc-aa34a50a18e6
  3. Photos on the Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos on the Photos app: whenever i open a photo on the photos app the window is blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-on-the-photos-app/fd33ab0a-316b-4f83-88cc-aa34a50a18e6
  4. Why is Microsoft so pathetic with other browsers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft so pathetic with other browsers?: The desperate pleas to try to force me to use Edge are pathetic.Even worse is my child's account where it is blocking Chrome, and other browsers, in a desperate attempt to get us to use the terrible Edge browser. I have tried to unblock, but Chrome doesn't even show in the...
  5. XBOX - PC and XBOX - pathetic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX - PC and XBOX - pathetic: This is a RANT. Honestly I don't expect answers to make things work.Firstly - The only way I can get either my Xbox or PC to download at a decent speed is to use a VPN. If I download without one it is KBs - as soon as I turn on a VPN it goes instantly to MBs, I have FTTP. So...
  6. XBOX - PC and XBOX - pathetic

XBOX - PC and XBOX - pathetic: This is a RANT. Honestly I don't expect answers to make things work.Firstly - The only way I can get either my Xbox or PC to download at a decent speed is to use a VPN. If I download without one it is KBs - as soon as I turn on a VPN it goes instantly to MBs, I have FTTP. So...
  7. Microsoft Help is Pathetic

Microsoft Help is Pathetic: Microsoft is an absolute joke. I have been with a legit Microsoft account since 2002 began with Xbox live. Well recently my xbox stopped working and I was ready to buy the new series X. Low an behold, they are NOWHERE to be found. I waited months on end trying to get my hands...
  8. Microsoft Help is Pathetic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Help is Pathetic: Microsoft is an absolute joke. I have been with a legit Microsoft account since 2002 began with Xbox live. Well recently my xbox stopped working and I was ready to buy the new series X. Low an behold, they are NOWHERE to be found. I waited months on end trying to get my hands...
  9. Pathetic update and login performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pathetic update and login performance: Where do I complain about the pathetic nature of WIndows and support. I left my PC for 2 hours. When I got back home there was a black screen and windows doesn't know which drive to boot from. How is that possible??????????????????????????? Did windows update and restart...
  10. Windows photos app

Windows photos app: If I uninstall my Microsoft windows photos app, where will my photos go? Will I lose them from my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photos-app/082f5cd2-99bd-4a42-811f-8fd644eaed42