Windows 10: Windows Photos App Keeps Crashing

Discus and support Windows Photos App Keeps Crashing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to open Microsoft Photos it opens in black screen and then closes. error logs point to a DCOM error, I have been all over the internet and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tom M31, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Tom M31 Win User

Windows Photos App Keeps Crashing

When I try to open Microsoft Photos it opens in black screen and then closes.

error logs point to a DCOM error, I have been all over the internet and have tried just about everything I can find out there.

Any thoughts?

Windows 10 Pro

Build 1803

OS Build 17134.523

Thanks,

:)

Tom M31, Feb 11, 2019
  2. ben201 Win User

Windows Photos App crashes

So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes.

Information about the error:
    This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or 0xc000027b in module twinapi.appcore.dll.

I found two intresting facts about the error:
    - If I try a system restore to a point created 3 days ago, the App starts working again. A few minutes after using the system, the app starts crashing again.
    - I created a new local account and the app does seem to work on that new account until now.

Steps I have tried:
    - Reinstall Photos app by uninstalling it using Powershell and rerisntalling it - did not change anything
    - Reregister the App - did not change anything
    - Scan the System with sfc and dism - no errors
    - Use System resstore - see above, did only work for a few minutes.

Microsoft Support suggested reinstalling Windows, but I do non really want to reinstall the whole system just because one app is not working...

ben201, Feb 11, 2019
  3. abn505 Win User
    Photo App Crashes

The latest Microsoft update on 8/28/2015 fixed the crashing problem.

abn505, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Windows Photos App Keeps Crashing

windows 10 photo app crashes after approx 10 seconds

Hi Dave,

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Do you receive any error message before crashing?

I suggest you to try the steps below if you have not yet tried.

I would suggest you to reset Windows store.

• Right click on start and select ‘RUN’.

• In the Run window, type WSReset.exe and click “Ok”.
    If the Photos app is the only one crashing, it could be a problem with the Photos app database. To reset the database, perform the following:

1. Press windows button + R

2. Type: %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

3. Delete all the contents of that folder.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows Photos App Keeps Crashing

1. Windows Photos App Keeps Crashing - Similar Threads - Photos App Keeps

2. Photos App keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App keep crashing: I have a good laptop, 16Gb Ram, AMD GPU, AMD CPU and the Photos app is keep crashing if I have two pictures open at the same time. This existed for a long time so i am wondering when are you updating the app and fix the bugs ? And no reset don't work....
  3. Photos App keep crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App keep crashing: I have a good laptop, 16Gb Ram, AMD GPU, AMD CPU and the Photos app is keep crashing if I have two pictures open at the same time. This existed for a long time so i am wondering when are you updating the app and fix the bugs ? And no reset don't work....
  4. Microsoft Photos app keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos app keeps crashing: Microsoft photos app keeps crashing for me, either when I press F11 to go fullscreen, when I use the left and right keys to navigate between photos or even just crashing 3-5 seconds after I open a picture. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app using Powershell,...
  5. Microsoft Photos app keeps crashing

Microsoft Photos app keeps crashing: Microsoft photos app keeps crashing for me, either when I press F11 to go fullscreen, when I use the left and right keys to navigate between photos or even just crashing 3-5 seconds after I open a picture. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app using Powershell,...
  6. photos app keeps crashing

photos app keeps crashing: Hello, I wonder if anyone can help. I have been scanning lots of photos. Then I open them in Photos app, adjust the borders, rotate if necessary, then save. This was working fine. But recently, almost every other time I click save, the photo just closes and I have to do the...
  7. Windows photos keep crashing

Windows photos keep crashing: I've seen this question been asked since 2018/2019 and in 2020 it still crashes. I have a brand new installation of Windows 10 Pro so nothing to interfere - pure Microsoft Windows 10 Pro and after a few photos. the Photos app just comes up with a white screen like a piece...
  8. Photos app keeps crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photos app keeps crashing: Sometimes when I open up an image it opens, other times it does not, and photos app will have a blank white display for 30 seconds before closing. This happens over a dozen times a day. I only use photos to view photos, I don't use any album features or anything. Going into...
  9. Can't import photos into photos app--keeps stalling and crashing

Can't import photos into photos app--keeps stalling and crashing: I am attempting to back up my iPhone XS Max on the photos app. I plug my phone in through USB, go into the app and import from a USB device, then it goes to the "looking for photos and videos screen." This is where the problem comes up. Every time, it finds 4748 items to...
  10. Windows 10 photo app keeps crashing

Windows 10 photo app keeps crashing: PLEASE.....update the photo app to correct the problem of it crashing. Photos display for 4-6 seconds, then drop off the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-app-keeps-crashing/7a27d9a9-a2f8-4b8a-9376-2b6d479cadfb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photo app keeps crashing surface

2. windows photos app keeps crashing