Windows 10: Windows Photos app not opening print dialog

Discus and support Windows Photos app not opening print dialog in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Using latest Photos app 2020.20120.4004.0 although it was experiencing the same issue on older versions on Windows 10 Enterprise 20h2, when a user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Esher College, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Windows Photos app not opening print dialog

Using latest Photos app 2020.20120.4004.0 although it was experiencing the same issue on older versions on Windows 10 Enterprise 20h2, when a user clicks the print button nothing happens.

We are on an Active Directory domain running Server 2019, and if an admin logs into a PC the print dialog opens fine, so it looks like a permission issue for standard users.

Does anyone have any ideas where to start looking in group policy settings etc. to start troubleshooting? Windows Event Viewer doesn't have anything useful, unless there is an event log for store apps that I don't know about...

Any help greatly appreciated.

:)

Esher College, Mar 17, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Printing a photo on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You can use Windows Photo App to print the photos in windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and type Photos.
    • Select the photo.
    • Right click on the photo.
    • Select print option.
    • Then you will be able to print photos.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Windows Photo Viewer Printing Dialog

Hi Muhammad,

It is unusual that you are unable to see some of the options in Windows photo viewer. Did you try printing through Photos app?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to try switching the account to a local account and then back to a Microsoft account and check if the issue persists. Follow the steps provided below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.

2. Click Accounts > Your email and accounts

3. Click "sign in with a local account instead" and follow the screen instructions to create the local account.

4. Once you are signed in through a local account, repeat steps 1 and 2 and click "sign in with a Microsoft account instead".

5. Enter your Microsoft account credentials during the setup.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Windows Photos app not opening print dialog

Unable to Print .JPG files as photos from Win10.

Following these instruction I get as far as step 3.
    • Press Windows key and type Photos in search box and hit enter.
    • Browse and open the photo you want to print.
    • Click on the more option (three dots) on the upper right corner of the app.
    • AT THIS POINT Print does not appear. All that shows is: Refresh, Slideshow, Settings and Feedback
    • I am running Windows 10 Home

Larry Margolis, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows Photos app not opening print dialog

1. Windows Photos app not opening print dialog - Similar Threads - Photos app opening

2. printer dialog will not open when trying to print photos with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer dialog will not open when trying to print photos with Windows 11: Help needed. I just recently purchased a HP pavilion x360 with windows 11. I am trying to print some photos. When I open the photo and click print, the printer dialog flashes and goes away, or doesn't open at all. I have to open the photo through paint or another app to get...
  3. printer dialog will not open when trying to print photos with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer dialog will not open when trying to print photos with Windows 11: Help needed. I just recently purchased a HP pavilion x360 with windows 11. I am trying to print some photos. When I open the photo and click print, the printer dialog flashes and goes away, or doesn't open at all. I have to open the photo through paint or another app to get...
  4. Windows Mail does not open Print Dialog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail does not open Print Dialog: Hello Community.I have an Issue with the Windows Mail and Calendar app. When i click on the print button a black print dialog box open and close immediatly.So i cannot print from this app. Printer works fine with other app, Even uninstall und reinstall does not help.Jeff R....
  5. Windows Mail does not open Print Dialog

Windows Mail does not open Print Dialog: Hello Community.I have an Issue with the Windows Mail and Calendar app. When i click on the print button a black print dialog box open and close immediatly.So i cannot print from this app. Printer works fine with other app, Even uninstall und reinstall does not help.Jeff R....
  6. Photos Print Dialog Box

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photos Print Dialog Box: In the Microsoft Photos app in Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store, when trying to print a JPG from the app, the dialog box appears and disappears almost within a split second. I have restarted the machine, reset the app, and changed the default printer but nothing seems to...
  7. No print dialog for Photos App Windows 10 2004

No print dialog for Photos App Windows 10 2004: We've deployed quite some clients with Windows 10 2004 but printing does not work on any machine/any user with the Photos App printing works fine with all the other programs/apps. It also works fine on the "old" pictures app. But on the Foto app, clicking onto the print icon...
  8. Missing paper trays in Photos app print dialoge

Missing paper trays in Photos app print dialoge: Hi! I'm running Windows 10 and I have a Canon Color ImageCLASS mf8280cw printer, which has two trays, "Drawer 1" and the "Multi-purpose Tray". Those two trays show up when I go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers > right click my printer >Printing Preferences > Paper...
  9. Print dialog box of Photos app has languages mixed up

Print dialog box of Photos app has languages mixed up: Hi! When I take a print using the print dialog box of the photos app, parameters such as "orientation" and "paper size" are displayed in devanagari instead of english(us) which is my default language for all of windows 10. How can I restore this ? Thanks!...
  10. Windows Photo Viewer Printing Dialog

Windows Photo Viewer Printing Dialog: I have been using Window 10 for past year but since a month the Windows Photo Viewer Printing dialog is not working properly. It has been shrunk and I can’t access some options on the very right or down. BTW, I installed the Photo Viewer using the registry hack. It never...