Windows 10: Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed]

Discus and support Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed] in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows 11/10 offers a built-in photo viewer and editor called the Photos app. It’s a OneDrive integrated application that also includes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 3, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed]

Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed] Photos-app-not-showing-all-photos.jpg
    Windows 11/10 offers a built-in photo viewer and editor called the Photos app. It’s a OneDrive integrated application that also includes editing, timeline, album creation, etc. If you cannot view your photos or are skeptical that the Photos app is not showing all photos in Windows 11/10, then this post will guide how you can […]

This article Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed] first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 3, 2022

2. Windows 10 Photos App Not Displaying all Photos and Folders

I've been trying to research this issue and have tried a number of fixes. Here is the situation:

• I am using a network drive for my photos
    • "Collection" will not show all of my photos - many are missing.
    • If I go to "Folders" view:
      • Some will show only a subset of the photos.
      • Others will not show any photos at all.
      • Several folders don't show up at all (yet if I search for them in the search bar, they do)
    • If in Windows Explorer I click on any of the missing photos or folders, they all open with no issues with the photos App

I have tried a number of fixes:

• I have used the windows app troubleshooter
    • I reset the photos app
    • I have added and removed the folders in the photos app settings
    • I uninstalled and re-installed the photos app
    • I "refreshed" folders within the app
    • I changed permissions for the photos folder
      • Added SYSTEM to all sub-folders and files
    In all I have spent hours trying to get this to work - and its not. I really want to use the photos app to manage my extensive library of family photos. Any other suggestions to get this to work? Is this a known issue with Windows 10 Photos App?

Thank You!

TomPinchuk, May 3, 2022
  3. Edwin Win User
    Photos app not reading photos

Yes...

Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed] [​IMG]

Edwin, May 3, 2022
  4. Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed]

Photos app not reading photos

- - - Updated - - -

In general, I’m gonna narrow it down, does your photos app see the photos in any folder in app data, yes I’ll see the folder apart of folders list but the pictures inside will not show In the collection. And again I say opening them will work it’s with it he app adding them to the collection. Check my previous post with attachments.

Steven Campoli, May 3, 2022
Thema:

Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed]

1. Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed] - Similar Threads - Photos app showing

2. Photos app does not show original photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app does not show original photo: I take landscape photos on my camera and they end up with a file called RAW. I open them in the Photos app, and it shows the original photo for about a second or so, but then switches to an automatic edited version of the same photo. How do I turn this off? It would REALLY...
  3. Photos app does not show original photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app does not show original photo: I take landscape photos on my camera and they end up with a file called RAW. I open them in the Photos app, and it shows the original photo for about a second or so, but then switches to an automatic edited version of the same photo. How do I turn this off? It would REALLY...
  4. "New" Photo App shows no photos even though all folders included, Legacy Photos and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "New" Photo App shows no photos even though all folders included, Legacy Photos and...: I have reported this through Feedback with screen shots and videos of the issue MULTIPLE times since the new Photos App was launched and have not had even an acknowledgement that there might be an issue.The new Photos app shows NO photographs at all when the photos library...
  5. "New" Photo App shows no photos even though all folders included, Legacy Photos and...

"New" Photo App shows no photos even though all folders included, Legacy Photos and...: I have reported this through Feedback with screen shots and videos of the issue MULTIPLE times since the new Photos App was launched and have not had even an acknowledgement that there might be an issue.The new Photos app shows NO photographs at all when the photos library...
  6. Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?: Random images are just shown as a grey square with symbol in the middle and the word "png". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-photos-app-show-random-photos-as-grey/ca4dafab-0e1f-402c-90ef-e3642871bf85
  7. Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?

Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?: Random images are just shown as a grey square with symbol in the middle and the word "png". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-photos-app-show-random-photos-as-grey/ca4dafab-0e1f-402c-90ef-e3642871bf85
  8. W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos

W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos: My live tile did not work well so I reset it and when I did ALL my 7000 photos and people in this photo app were deleted also . I cannot get the Photo app to again find the 50 people and the recognized people . It only finds a dozen people and a few picture for each. The...
  9. Not all photos showing from external drive in photos app win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not all photos showing from external drive in photos app win10: I have all my photos on WD My cloud drive with all the files visible in windows explorer. When i link the photos app to the folder on the external drive, many photos are not coming through. I removed the link to the folder and linked again and same issie however different...
  10. Not all photo thumbnails showing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Not all photo thumbnails showing.: Hi there chaps. I have this problem with File Explorer. I have checked the box "Always show icons, never thumbnails" [img] But not all of the thumbnails are showing. I get a mixture of the "mountain" icon as well as some thumbnails. [img] I have tried to delete...