Windows 10: Windows photos app

Discus and support Windows photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There's a folder called recent in the photos app, says "Recent new in your collection" It appears every time I open the app, is it possible to disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ahmedelzawawy, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Windows photos app

There's a folder called recent in the photos app, says "Recent new in your collection"

It appears every time I open the app, is it possible to disable it?

:)

ahmedelzawawy, Mar 9, 2021

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Windows photos app

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows photos app

1. Windows photos app - Similar Threads - photos app

2. Windows 10 Photo App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photo App: I have been using Windows 10 Photo App, in Windows 10 Pro, for several years as a way to quickly edit photos for online postings. After making the desired edits, I always click "save a copy," which brought up a Windows Explorer window allowing me the choice of location and...
  3. Microsoft Photos App - Rotation and Crop Bug since latest update.

Microsoft Photos App - Rotation and Crop Bug since latest update.: I have noticed that when i rotate a photo, then select the crop function, the photo is showing as not rotated and have to rotate it again in the crop mode. This never used to be the case and also now sometimes that the photo displayed after fixing the rotation and cropping,...
  4. Windows 10 Photo App Video Editor - Change clip preview or delete part of the video

Windows 10 Photo App Video Editor - Change clip preview or delete part of the video: Hi All, Within the app, how do you change the thumbnail of video on the Storyboard, or delete part of a clip to change the thumbnail? Context: When you split a video clip, the new clips do not delete any of the video; it's not actually split, it just creates a copy of...
  5. Calculator and Photo Apps

Calculator and Photo Apps: Is anyone else having issues with the Photos and Calculator apps not operating? Each time I start up both my Pc and my laptop neither app works, I just get a Windows error message. I have to go into each of the app settings and terminate it, reset it then repair it for them...
  6. Tagging people with the photos app for windows 10.

Tagging people with the photos app for windows 10.: Is there any way to get help with people tagging in Photos. Many suggestions to click on the top right on a photo and then on the face you want to tag. NOTHING HAPPENS. I think I have everything turned on. I have a couple hundred people shown on my people tab. Most...
  7. When I restart my computer I get this error message, and apps like photos, the calculator,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I restart my computer I get this error message, and apps like photos, the calculator,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kiowa_Ott [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/moh4rj/when_i_restart_my_computer_i_get_this_error/
  8. Microsoft Photos App will not open

Microsoft Photos App will not open: I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Photos, I have done the repair and reset, I have restarted the computer. When I try to open the app, or a photo that would use the app to open, it either does nothing at all or displays a blank photos screen. It is currently doing...
  9. windows apps appear corrupted example: calculator paint photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows apps appear corrupted example: calculator paint photos: my laptop froze while doing some kind of search there were appx 3 other apps or jobs running but cannot recall the total no response to any input after about 8 minutes. so I powered down the laptop by holding in the power button which i've done before after rebooting,...
  10. Photos App unable to tag photos from camera

Photos App unable to tag photos from camera: I have >25,000 pictures that I am trying to get tagged using the Photo App. But it totally fails to handle some of the folders I have given it. Now I have realised that Photo App has a problem with any image that I took with a Canon PowerShot A1300 camera, or with a HP...