Windows 10: Windows 'Photos' application creates duplicates

Discus and support Windows 'Photos' application creates duplicates in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi All Windows Photos appears to be importing duplicates onto my computer through the use of the import function. To be clear I am not seeing... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Webactive., Jan 30, 2020.

1. Windows 'Photos' application creates duplicates

Hi All

Windows Photos appears to be importing duplicates onto my computer through the use of the import function. To be clear I am not seeing duplicates within the 'Photos' app nor am i linked to any cloud accounts.

The issue is that I use my images for work quite a bit and its important that i import 100s of images at the end of the month or on a regular basis. Up until this point i have been able to select 'Import', the Photos app would detect NEW photos and not import any duplicates off my mobile.

Now the software constantly thinks ALL the images are new and tries to import everything. Creating an obscene amount of duplicates to get rid off.

Is there any way to fix the "Detect new" function on the import function for Photos?

:)

Webactive., Jan 30, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Deleting photos from Microsoft Photos will delete the files from the original location. However, Microsoft Photos will only display the photos from the folders that are added to Photos application. You can remove the folders from Microsoft Photos that
    you don’t want. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Microsoft Photos app.
    2. Click on the Ellipsis on the top right corner of the window and click on
      Settings.
    3. Under Sources, remove the folder that has duplicate photos by clicking on
      X.

To remove the duplicate photos from the computer, please navigate to the location where the photos are saved and then you can delete the photos are duplicate.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Lumia 625- duplicate entries of songs and photos - not able to creat playlist!

Hi GANESHKUMAR ARUMUGAM,

Thank you for posting in the forum.

I understand that you have an issue with duplicates songs and you cannot create playlist on your Nokia Lumia 625.

Also, you have duplicate photos. In this situation, I would suggest to try steps from this Wiki article:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...res-when/b0710655-b257-4dc0-9847-a026e33aa530

Thanks for your contribution to the forums!

Kind Regards,

Michal TR

Michal TR., Jan 30, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Windows 'Photos' application creates duplicates

identify duplicate photos

To remove the duplicates:

1. Right-click on a duplicate photo.
    2. A context menu will open
    3. Click on Delete.
    4. The file will be sent to the Recycle Bin.

BulldogXX, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 'Photos' application creates duplicates

1. Windows 'Photos' application creates duplicates - Similar Threads - 'Photos' application creates

2. Windows Photos creating duplicates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos creating duplicates: I suddenly have duplicates of all my photos. I've read through all the responses to the other folks with the same issue. I've hit the ellipses and adjusted the folders. There are no folders with duplicates. I've tried the ubiquitous "search this: "**" " direction to find...
  3. Windows Photos creating duplicates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos creating duplicates: I suddenly have duplicates of all my photos. I've read through all the responses to the other folks with the same issue. I've hit the ellipses and adjusted the folders. There are no folders with duplicates. I've tried the ubiquitous "search this: "**" " direction to find...
  4. Duplicate applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate applications: I installed an application Telegram Desktop from the web and the Microsoft store, but after deleting the web version a duplicate copy is created and I can't remove it I have uninstalled the web application with control panel The source that is being displayed can no longer be...
  5. Duplicate applications

Duplicate applications: I installed an application Telegram Desktop from the web and the Microsoft store, but after deleting the web version a duplicate copy is created and I can't remove it I have uninstalled the web application with control panel The source that is being displayed can no longer be...
  6. Applications duplicating

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Applications duplicating: Hello, Microsoft! I am a windows 10 user and have been experiencing an issue lately.Whenever I open a applications, it duplicates it self in the desktop.For example, if I run Google Chrome, it would duplicate another copy of it on the desktop.But for some apps, that doesn't...
  7. PHOTOS DUPLICATION

PHOTOS DUPLICATION: Ever since I updated my laptop for the latest versions of Microsoft Photo app and other Microsoft apps.It appears that my photos keep duplicating several times over. When I connect my iPhone it automatically imports all the photos to Microsoft photos. Previously, the screen...
  8. Application Duplication

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Duplication: In my Apps & Features I have 12 Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributionable apps with prior updates before 2019 and I have 5 of the same apps with updates on 8/16/19. Can I uninstall the apps with updates prior to 2019 and will it have any effect on my desktop performance?...
  9. Photo App creating duplicates

Photo App creating duplicates: When I import photos into Windows 10 from my phone each picture is shown as duplicated in the app. If I open file explorer there is only one picture in the original folder. I do not understand why it shows two of everything in the photo app. Is anyone else experiencing this...
  10. Duplicate photos

Duplicate photos: I want to delete photos from the timeline on my Microsoft Photos but save then in the File Explorer. Please tell me if it is possible to detect duplicate photos so that I won’t download them again ?...