Windows 10: Windows Photos automatically advances to the next photo

Discus and support Windows Photos automatically advances to the next photo in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I noticed this a few days ago, photos would automatically advance to the next image even though I'm not pressing anything. If I go into any of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kamui_18, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Windows Photos automatically advances to the next photo

I noticed this a few days ago, photos would automatically advance to the next image even though I'm not pressing anything. If I go into any of the menus, it pauses temporarily but it switches to the next image as soon as I leave the window or prompt. How can I get it to stop?

submitted by /u/kamui_18
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kamui_18, Oct 26, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Windows Photos automatically advances to the next photo 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Prevent photos from USB stick to automatically load into the Photos app

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Click on Settings at the bottom left corner.

• Under viewing and editing.

• Turn off automatically enhance your photo.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Windows Photos automatically advances to the next photo

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows Photos automatically advances to the next photo

1. Windows Photos automatically advances to the next photo - Similar Threads - Photos automatically advances

2. Windows Photos starts at beginning when clicking to next photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos starts at beginning when clicking to next photo: It is the same issue as a similar question before, in my file explorer, say I have hundreds of photos, whichever I open in Microsoft Photo, just the default photo viewer it comes with when I hit next, it always goes back to the second photo in the folder for some reason not...
  3. Windows Photos starts at beginning when clicking to next photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos starts at beginning when clicking to next photo: It is the same issue as a similar question before, in my file explorer, say I have hundreds of photos, whichever I open in Microsoft Photo, just the default photo viewer it comes with when I hit next, it always goes back to the second photo in the folder for some reason not...
  4. Windows Photos starts at beginning when clicking to next photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos starts at beginning when clicking to next photo: Say I have 20 photos in a folder. If I click on photo 11 and press the button to the right that says "Next," the next photo in line will be photo 1, not photo 12. If I go to the left button labeled "Previous," photo 20 will appear. How do I fix this. Some folders do not have...
  5. Windows 11 — Why the next photo is not accessible in Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 — Why the next photo is not accessible in Microsoft Photos: Hey everyone, I encountered a problem in the new Photos app in Windows 11.I was viewing some photos, when I saw that the Photos app showed me neither the arrow keys for moving to the previous or next picture, nor the array of the pictures in the folder. I was viewing a large...
  6. Windows 11 — Why the next photo is not accessible in Microsoft Photos

Windows 11 — Why the next photo is not accessible in Microsoft Photos: Hey everyone, I encountered a problem in the new Photos app in Windows 11.I was viewing some photos, when I saw that the Photos app showed me neither the arrow keys for moving to the previous or next picture, nor the array of the pictures in the folder. I was viewing a large...
  7. Windows Photos starts at beginning when clicking to next photo

Windows Photos starts at beginning when clicking to next photo: Say I have 20 photos in a folder. If I click on photo 11 and press the button to the right that says "Next," the next photo in line will be photo 1, not photo 12. If I go to the left button labeled "Previous," photo 20 will appear. How do I fix this. Some folders do not have...
  8. Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos.: Dear Sirs,Since last update of Windows 10, photo app doesn't scroll to next photos in both notebooks I have and with same photos. When selecting slides show, blinks and shows the same photo and left/right arrows do not scroll either.And without selecting show, the left/right...
  9. No arrow to advance to next photo

No arrow to advance to next photo: Hi, There is no arrow to advance to the next photo in a folder. The arrows were there a week ago. Now I have to close the present photo and open the next. That is very tedious and time consuming. I have tried to reset and remove the app. That hat worked either. Does anyone...
  10. Fading from one photo to the next photo.

Fading from one photo to the next photo.: Hello - I just started using Windows 10 Photos App. Everything seems straightforward to me but one item. Is there no way to transition from one photo to the next with a simple fade for a video project? I have spent quite a lot of time looking for it with no luck....