Windows 10: Windows Photos - blank screen after update

Discus and support Windows Photos - blank screen after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the Windows update in July, Windows Photos often freezes when loading a picture, resulting in a blank screen. Here's an example:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Arctan360, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Arctan360 Win User

Windows Photos - blank screen after update

After the Windows update in July, Windows Photos often freezes when loading a picture, resulting in a blank screen. Here's an example: https://imgur.com/gwnZK4V

Is there a way to solve this problem? If not, who do I report the bug to?

:)

Arctan360, Jul 20, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Windows live photo gallery - screen not repainting after updating

I have been using Windows (live) photo gallery (WLPG) for many years, even though it has long been unsupported. I've not found another tool that is as easy to use to caption and tag photos. Just recently (I suspect after a windows update) it has developed an annoying feature in that the screen does not repaint itself after updates have occurred to the content. For example, dragging and dropping the photos elsewhere or renaming files. Pressing F5 will repaint the screen but it is a pain to have to do it after every operation.
    I've searched the internet but, since the product is unsupported, have not found any recent posts that might suggest what the problem and/or solution might be. I did find a post about a similar problem with Windows File Explorer but the suggested fix does not work with WLPG.
    Any clues or suggestions?
    Thanks
    BR

BorderReiver, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Windows Photos - blank screen after update

Blank screen after windows update

I am not a techie. My screen is blank and I cant get into anything. I have tried to switch off then back on. Had 1 message doing updates then screen blank. After some time retried switching off then on. Screen still blank.

Any suggestions please.

briansharrocks1, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows Photos - blank screen after update

1. Windows Photos - blank screen after update - Similar Threads - Photos blank screen

2. Blank screen after windows update [FIXED]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blank screen after windows update [FIXED]: I fixed the issue by unplugging and plugging back the monitor, it was in fact a hardware issue. Consider the problem past tense recently the built-in monitor in my Lenovo IdeaPad 100-15IBD laptop stopped working after a critical windows update, the the screen worked fine...
  3. Blank screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen after windows update: recently the built-in monitor in my Lenovo IdeaPad 100-15IBD laptop stopped working after a critical windows update, the the screen worked fine before.After I found out the screen didn't work I connected the laptop to a LG TV through an HDMI cable, however now the system...
  4. Blank screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen after windows update: recently the built-in monitor in my Lenovo IdeaPad 100-15IBD laptop stopped working after a critical windows update, the the screen worked fine before.After I found out the screen didn't work I connected the laptop to a LG TV through an HDMI cable, however now the system...
  5. Blank screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen After Windows 10 update: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my laptop dell xps 13, where there is a blank screen after singing in, this happened immediately after I updated the system. I went into Microsoft support page...
  7. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Screen After Windows 10 update: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my laptop dell xps 13, where there is a blank screen after singing in, this happened immediately after I updated the system. I went into Microsoft support page...
  8. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Blank screen after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank screen after update.: [IMG] Help! My computer will not even let me log in...I hit okay and now it is on a blank screen. Before this I could not access any files on my computer. What is going on? :(...
  10. blank screens after update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    blank screens after update.: after the last windows update i can no longer see some windows. the problem windows appears as a bank white canvas. This was happening with Visual studio but i was able to fix with making some aplication adjustments but it happens with general windows like the VSIX installer....