Windows 10: Windows Photos Bug

Discus and support Windows Photos Bug in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've spent 3 days with tech support trying to fix this bug in microsoft's photo viewer's code, here is the video that I made trying to fix the issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by michaelplzno, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Windows Photos Bug

I've spent 3 days with tech support trying to fix this bug in microsoft's photo viewer's code, here is the video that I made trying to fix the issue.

https://youtu.be/7M6N1ie13u8

Please help or at least acknowledge this is a bug with windows.

:)

michaelplzno, Sep 18, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Windows Photos Bug :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Windows Photos Bug

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows Photos Bug

1. Windows Photos Bug - Similar Threads - Photos Bug

2. Photos App Bug - File Destination is not honored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App Bug - File Destination is not honored: in Photos App, import images in my case from a connected devicein the 'Import items' interface, select 'Change destination' and select a user-defined folder followed by 'Add this folder to Pictures', select one or more items and activate the importthis works fine. Now close...
  3. Photos App Bug - File Destination is not honored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App Bug - File Destination is not honored: in Photos App, import images in my case from a connected devicein the 'Import items' interface, select 'Change destination' and select a user-defined folder followed by 'Add this folder to Pictures', select one or more items and activate the importthis works fine. Now close...
  4. Visual bug in windows photos app editing mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual bug in windows photos app editing mode: Hello!My windows photos app has a visual bug in the editing mode. Text in some buttons is missing. The buttons work fine, but I don't know what they are doing until I find it out by clicking on them. And in the editing mode with the pen, there is only a black screen and all...
  5. Visual bug in windows photos app editing mode

Visual bug in windows photos app editing mode: Hello!My windows photos app has a visual bug in the editing mode. Text in some buttons is missing. The buttons work fine, but I don't know what they are doing until I find it out by clicking on them. And in the editing mode with the pen, there is only a black screen and all...
  6. Win 10 App "Photos" bug: cannot convert .png to .gif

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 App "Photos" bug: cannot convert .png to .gif: I clearly remember that, I used to use the "Photos" App to convert .png to .gif by "Save as". However, in the latest version of it, I cannot do so. Is this just a bug, or is it designed to be so on purpose?...
  7. Win 10 App "Photos" bug: cannot convert .png to .gif

Win 10 App "Photos" bug: cannot convert .png to .gif: I clearly remember that, I used to use the "Photos" App to convert .png to .gif by "Save as". However, in the latest version of it, I cannot do so. Is this just a bug, or is it designed to be so on purpose?...
  8. [Bug]Is this a bug? Win10 photo's add a description feature only appears on some pics but...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Bug]Is this a bug? Win10 photo's add a description feature only appears on some pics but...: [ATTACH] Hello all. I have a question in regards to win 10 photo's add a description features. So when photo app is open if you press Alt + enter a menu will appear on the right-side of your screen. The line, circled in red will only appears on certain pics but not...
  9. Microsoft Photos bug

Microsoft Photos bug: When I crop an image with a length of 1314 any width in Microsoft Photos, I find that I cannot save the image without changing the length of the image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-bug/967c04ba-c286-4c49-bbf4-f62bf5013d5a
  10. Microsoft Photos bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos bug: When I crop an image with a length of 1314 any width in Microsoft Photos, I find that I cannot save the image without changing the length of the image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-bug/967c04ba-c286-4c49-bbf4-f62bf5013d5a