Windows 10: Windows Photos has stopped recognising people

Discus and support Windows Photos has stopped recognising people in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I like Windows Photos and most especially the way it organises photos and videos by peoples faces that you can then assign their name to. Sadly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DrJLDG, Apr 16, 2019.

1. DrJLDG Win User

Windows Photos has stopped recognising people

Hello,

I like Windows Photos and most especially the way it organises photos and videos by peoples faces that you can then assign their name to. Sadly I noticed that around September 2018 it stopped doing this for photos added to my scanned directories. I have put in many hours over the years organising, naming, and grouping photos but this has all now been lost as I tried the various fixes suggested including:

1. Under apps - trying the repair and reset options - did not work

2. Deleted the app via Powershell and reinstall from Windows Store - did not work

Following new install it has recognised around 20 faces and put 10-20 photos in each, but then stopped with no further progress.

The only thing I have seen work for people with the same problem is a Windows reinstall, but I'm not going to do that. Great shame - I liked it but seems like an update late 2018 has broken it for me.

Does anyone:

(a) Know a fix that would work for me?

(b) Know of an alternative package that does the same thing well that I could use instead (Adobe Photos?)

Thanks in advance.

:)

DrJLDG, Apr 16, 2019
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Apr 16, 2019
  3. PJLLB Win User
    Synching Photos in the People App Across Devices

I tried a forum search for this question but I couldn't find help.

I have an Outlook.com account that I use on two Windows 10 phones, a Windows 10 PC, and two Surface Pros. I use the People App with the same Outlook.com account on these devices. Although the complete list of contacts shows on each of the devices (and the lists appear complete), only some of the embedded photos show on the devices, except for one of the Windows 10 phones (which is where the photos were added). Some of the photos do show on the other devices. Strangely enough, when I use Edge to view People (https://outlook.live.com/people/) all photos show in the contacts listed using the browser.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get all photos to show on the synched devices? I've tried about everything I could find searching.

PJLLB, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Windows Photos has stopped recognising people

Windows 10 Microsoft Photos has stopped working.

Hi Roger,

This issue often caused by a corrupted files. For us to have your Photo app working, we suggest that you restore Photos app package by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type PowerShell, and select Windows PowerShell
      from the list of result.
    • Type this command and press Enter:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Restart your computer. Check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Photos has stopped recognising people

1. Windows Photos has stopped recognising people - Similar Threads - Photos has stopped

2. What has happened to the People tab in the new photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What has happened to the People tab in the new photos?: I have recently been using the People tab in Photos since the update to the new version this tab is missing. Has the feature been removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-has-happened-to-the-people-tab-in-the-new/af065d64-5aec-48fb-8acc-fc6c714e2f23
  3. What has happened to the People tab in the new photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What has happened to the People tab in the new photos?: I have recently been using the People tab in Photos since the update to the new version this tab is missing. Has the feature been removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-has-happened-to-the-people-tab-in-the-new/af065d64-5aec-48fb-8acc-fc6c714e2f23
  4. Getting Windows 10 Photos to recognise tagging people, places from Windows Live Photo Gallery

Getting Windows 10 Photos to recognise tagging people, places from Windows Live Photo Gallery: Hello, How do I get Windows 10 Photos to recognise tagging people, places from Windows Live Photo Gallery? I have just over 50k photos, tagged, dated and some with comments etc. How do I see this work come through in Windows 10? If Windows 10 Photos cant, then is there...
  5. Windows has stopped recognising me as an administrator in some circumstances

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows has stopped recognising me as an administrator in some circumstances: Windows wouldn't let me delete an empty directory, saying I needed the computers administrator's permission. I am an administrator the administrator, and logged in on a local account. Now I can't run an emulator in Android Studio because it needs to delete some directories...
  6. Photos and People Problem

Photos and People Problem: Is it possible within Photos on Windows to just have ten people in my family named ONLY and they are the ONLY ones I want within Photos named as a person, not up to 600 people? I only want my family named. How do I do this? Thanks, Belindaz...
  7. 'People' in Photos - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'People' in Photos - Windows 10: Sirs, How do I add names to 'Faces' in Photos. How do I combine faces of the same people that are in separate display circles? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-in-photos-windows-10/52490962-3526-47ec-913a-5b7468ee917e"
  8. PEOPLE setting for photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    PEOPLE setting for photos: I have lost access to my photos until I accept the new facial recognition settings. I do NOT WANT microsoft controlling everything on my desktop. The popup offers 'decline' but when I click it, the popup comes back up with 'are you sure?' constantly, giving me no access...
  9. Windows Photos People Recognition stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Photos People Recognition stopped working: This app worked perfectly well up to some unknown moment. Now it cannot detect people and images. I use Photos version: 2019.19031.17710.0 and Windows 10, version 1809...
  10. Tagging people in photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tagging people in photos: I am running Windows 10 and want to tag all the people in my photos from an external hard drive. A few mug shots have shown up and I have renamed them as appropriate, however this is only a few of the hundreds of faces I have in the photos. I have linked the folders but...