Windows 10: Windows Photos - how to have "Zoom to Fit" always on when opening pictures

Discus and support Windows Photos - how to have "Zoom to Fit" always on when opening pictures in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to enable an always-on Zoom to Fit for pictures in Photos? I don't like opening pictures to see the actual size of them (most of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThinkBigger01, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Windows Photos - how to have "Zoom to Fit" always on when opening pictures

Is there a way to enable an always-on Zoom to Fit for pictures in Photos?

I don't like opening pictures to see the actual size of them (most of my pics are small/smaller and some way too big) so would be more convenient if they would all zoom to fit automatically and it would also be convenient when switching to the next/previous pic in a folder that Zoom to Fit stays enabled so you don't always have to click the Zoom to Fit icon for that. Hope somebody understands what i mean.

side note: is it possible MS updated Photos recently? I feel something changed as I though my smaller pics used to be bigger on opening.

submitted by /u/ThinkBigger01
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThinkBigger01, Jun 16, 2022
  2. sirluca Win User

Photo/WPV default zoom level

Photo/WPV default zoom level

Hello guys,
    I wish I could set the default zoom level of my default photo viewer (I can choose Photo app or Windows Photo Viewer or some third program too).
    I want the default program to be able to open/switch within photos at the default photo size (100% zoom of the photo) and not with the default screen size (100% zoom of the screen size).
    Any idea how to do that? Maybe some registry key to edit? Any software to suggest?
    Thanks for your help, Luca.

sirluca, Jun 16, 2022
  3. Windows 10: Photos App is not working while opening pictures.

Hi Lowana,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if photo app is corrupt or there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to checked the issue by opening pictures present in the external USB drive?
    • Have you made any changes in the photo app prior to the issue?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter and also check if you are able to access photos app through search bar.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: I recommend you to check if you are able to access Photos app through search bar.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then check if you are able to open the app.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with opening pictures through photos app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 16, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Photos - how to have "Zoom to Fit" always on when opening pictures

Can't open pictures

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting error when trying to open Pictures on your computer. I'll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the default application that is set to open pictures?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer?

It could be possible that the application set to open pictures is not working properly. If Photos app is set as the default application to open
    pictures, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 16, 2022
Thema:

Windows Photos - how to have "Zoom to Fit" always on when opening pictures

1. Windows Photos - how to have "Zoom to Fit" always on when opening pictures - Similar Threads - Photos Zoom Fit

2. How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?: Hi.After recent update, the pictures automatically zoom to 100% size when it's under the screen size.I can't figure how to toggle my picture viewer to "zoom to fit"; it zooms to fit only if I press Ctrl+0 or press that option on the top of the image but then the next image is...
  3. How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?: Hi.After recent update, the pictures automatically zoom to 100% size when it's under the screen size.I can't figure how to toggle my picture viewer to "zoom to fit"; it zooms to fit only if I press Ctrl+0 or press that option on the top of the image but then the next image is...
  4. Windows photos app suddenly not zooming to fit by default and no setting to make it default...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows photos app suddenly not zooming to fit by default and no setting to make it default...: I am using windows default photo viewer and for the longest time when I opened a photo it would be zoomed to fit. Now all of a sudden any photo I open is zoomed to fit for a fraction of a second before it jarringly zooms it to "actual size". There is no setting to change this...
  5. Windows photos app suddenly not zooming to fit by default and no setting to make it default...

Windows photos app suddenly not zooming to fit by default and no setting to make it default...: I am using windows default photo viewer and for the longest time when I opened a photo it would be zoomed to fit. Now all of a sudden any photo I open is zoomed to fit for a fraction of a second before it jarringly zooms it to "actual size". There is no setting to change this...
  6. How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?

How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?: Hi guys, After recent update, the pictures automatically zoom to 100% size when it's under the screen size.I can't figure how to toggle my picture viewer to "zoom to fit". Nothing about it in picture viewer options...The auto resize to 100% is very annoying when i watch many...
  7. How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?: Hi guys, After recent update, the pictures automatically zoom to 100% size when it's under the screen size.I can't figure how to toggle my picture viewer to "zoom to fit". Nothing about it in picture viewer options...The auto resize to 100% is very annoying when i watch many...
  8. Images in picture viewer always zooming in

Images in picture viewer always zooming in: Hi. Often when I view an image in the Windows 10 picture viewer, it will zoom in to the max, and I cannot zoom it out. A possible related symptom is seen in some lists in the start menu, like when when I right-click Microsoft Word to see a list of my recent documents, there...
  9. Zoom camera and picture always purple.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Zoom camera and picture always purple.: When I join a Zoom meeting, my picture is always several shades of purple. Who is the problem and who can fix it for me? I have no idea what is next which is very frustrating. I purchased the Lenovo 365 in August 2019 and I've had something wrong with the computer...
  10. When I open a photo with the "Photos" app on windows, it will always crash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I open a photo with the "Photos" app on windows, it will always crash: The photo takes about 10 seconds to open and the photos app kind of crashes. It eventually opens, but the photo isn't there. I've set it to black background. Is this a Windows problem ? I build my PC 2 weeks ago with a fresh OS Windows 10 install via a paid product key....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 automatically zoom to fit