Windows 10: Windows Photos is not reading Compact Flash

Discus and support Windows Photos is not reading Compact Flash in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer is not importing photos from either of two compact flash disks. The SD card reader successfully read both cards months ago, but then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by madmor, Oct 6, 2019.

1. madmor Win User

Windows Photos is not reading Compact Flash

My computer is not importing photos from either of two compact flash disks.

The SD card reader successfully read both cards months ago, but then stopped one week later. A camera shop was able to transfer photos from the one card that I gave them.

Thinking that the issue was the build-in card reader, I bought an external memory card reader and plugged it into a USB port which is operational with other media.

The Windows Photo software can now detect images--screen shows a count of images found; however the program stops at that point, and there is no display of photos or buttons to press advance to next screen.

I've checked for updates and everything is up to date. Prior to buying the external card reader, I reverted back to factory installation (in case an update was incompatable with my card), but the built in card reader still could not read the cards.

I am using an HP envy and have Window 10 O/S

:)

madmor, Oct 6, 2019

2. Compact Flash Drive not read by softward HP Envy 700

The built in compact flash drive of my HP Envy-700 appears to be not working. When I insert memory chip from camera and try to import photos, the software does not detect a drive or photos. Two weeks ago I was able to import photos from that same memory
    card inserted into the same drive in my computer. My operating system is Windows 10.

Thoughts?

Madelainezzzz, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Compact flash memory disk and Windows 10

scandisk photo down loader for compact flash memory disc for cannon digital camara has some compatibility problems with Windows 10.

I can not down load and transfer the pictures from the compact flash disk to my computer with Windows 10. I am using Scandisk portable usb drive for the transfer. It works fine with Windows 8

Any one knows a solution please

Many thanks

V RaoAdduri, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Windows Photos is not reading Compact Flash

CD's memory cards, compact flash cards not recognised by PC??

CD rom. memory cards, compact flash cards not recognised by PC since downloading windows10. So unable to download my photos??

clive.eldridge, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows Photos is not reading Compact Flash

1. Windows Photos is not reading Compact Flash - Similar Threads - Photos reading Compact

2. Can't read flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't read flash drive: I am suddenly having trouble reading two of my flash drives. They are both 32GB ADATA drives and were working yesterday but today I can't read either one. I've tried it from my USB hub and also directly in my laptop but in both cases, I just get "USB Drive (E:)" and "USB...
  3. Photos app not reading photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app not reading photos: Photos app reads all pictures in my pictures folder but I have the following folder with my synced wallpapers and it says no readable photos found the app does not read pictures located in appdata/local/Microsoft/windows/themes The folder is desktop background and it has...
  4. Cant read Compact Flash drive on Win 10

Cant read Compact Flash drive on Win 10: Have a 2 Gig Compact Flash drive I use with my Canon Digital Rebel XT camera that I can no longer read with Windows 10, Any idea how to recover my pictures from the Drive?...
  5. WIndows 10 will not read my USB flash drive

WIndows 10 will not read my USB flash drive: Plugged in my Cruzer USB drive to look up an old document. Control Panel shows device but cannot open it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-read-my-usb-flash-drive/9fcdd95e-8b52-4f15-8efe-d51afedcab42
  6. Compact Flash Drive not read by softward HP Envy 700

Compact Flash Drive not read by softward HP Envy 700: The built in compact flash drive of my HP Envy-700 appears to be not working. When I insert memory chip from camera and try to import photos, the software does not detect a drive or photos. Two weeks ago I was able to import photos from that same memory card inserted into...
  7. PC photos to Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC photos to Flash Drive: How do I copy and paste photo from my PC to a USB Flash Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-photos-to-flash-drive/89aee16a-7e65-4225-9a6b-2367c04b33f4"
  8. sedlauncher.exe reading/viewing photos

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    sedlauncher.exe reading/viewing photos: Why does sedlauncher.exe need to view all my photos that are stored on a separate disk from the windows installation? What is being gathered by reading personal photos and being sent back to the windows servers? This is a gross invasion of privacy and surely must be breaking...
  9. USB for jumpstart compact flash not detected

USB for jumpstart compact flash not detected: USB driver for jumpstart for compact flash not detected- I went through the device manager and uninstalled all the drives and then did an update and driver still not detected...
  10. Stupidly deleted files on an old compact flash card.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stupidly deleted files on an old compact flash card.: I was looking at the photos from an old Compact Flash 512mb card the other day, about 100 exposures, and when I had finished looking at them, I deleted them with the card still connected to the pc. Big mistake, I'm not sure if they are backed up. I Have some Sandisk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reading compact flash photos