Windows 10: Windows Photos is not working as expected

Discus and support Windows Photos is not working as expected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open Windows Photos on my Lenovo touchpad and try to scroll, this feature is not working. Moreover this app consumes plenty of CPU. Could you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ClaraMento, May 5, 2020.

1. Windows Photos is not working as expected

When I open Windows Photos on my Lenovo touchpad and try to scroll, this feature is not working. Moreover this app consumes plenty of CPU. Could you help me?

:)

ClaraMento, May 5, 2020
  2. Dutch Win User

Need help with getting "Choose a default" to work in Photo Viewer

Hello again. You are correct about that, meaning, I did state I had tried "open with".

Turns out, by simply using "open with" the problem was not solved. By taking the extra step after selecting "open with" and not selecting Photoshop there as one would expect to work, but instead selecting "choose another app" and then selecting Photoshop listed there, the setting held. It's certainly a convoluted way of selecting one's desired photo viewer.

Thanks again.

Dutch, May 5, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, May 5, 2020
  4. Windows Photos is not working as expected

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows Photos is not working as expected

1. Windows Photos is not working as expected - Similar Threads - Photos working expected

2. Photo Preview does not work as expected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo Preview does not work as expected.: After updating to Windows 11, the Photo viewer no longer allows you to scroll through pictures in order. Typically in Windows 10 when you open a photo, you can click the left and right arrows to go to the next or previous photo, but in Windows 11, you can't do that. When...
  3. Photo Preview does not work as expected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Preview does not work as expected.: After updating to Windows 11, the Photo viewer no longer allows you to scroll through pictures in order. Typically in Windows 10 when you open a photo, you can click the left and right arrows to go to the next or previous photo, but in Windows 11, you can't do that. When...
  4. "New" Minseweeper is not working as expected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "New" Minseweeper is not working as expected: Hello thereI was playing minesweeper for a long time enjoyed it in most versions so far. On Windows 10 Home with all the latest updates that were available i was playing it mostly in adventure mode. 2-3 days ago it was "upgraded" to a "newer" version. At the first launch of...
  5. "New" Minseweeper is not working as expected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "New" Minseweeper is not working as expected: Hello thereI was playing minesweeper for a long time enjoyed it in most versions so far. On Windows 10 Home with all the latest updates that were available i was playing it mostly in adventure mode. 2-3 days ago it was "upgraded" to a "newer" version. At the first launch of...
  6. Backup not working as expected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup not working as expected: Hi, I have W'10, and two external drives that I backup selected sub-directories to.The problem seems to have started when I added by second physical backup drive Drive_T and Drive_S.When I was staying with Drive_T only, backup worked fine. But now when I switch from Drive_T...
  7. Backup now working as expected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup now working as expected: Hi, I have W'10, and two external drives that I backup selected sub-directories to.The problem seems to have started when I added by second physical backup drive Drive_T and Drive_S.When I was staying with Drive_T only, backup worked fine. But now when I switch from Drive_T...
  8. Workgroup not working as expected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Workgroup not working as expected: Hi all I am having trouble getting my workgroup to work properly between my pc (ethernet) and laptop (wifi). My PC can see the shared folders from the laptop, but the laptop cannot see the shared folders from the PC. I note that under the network folder my laptop can see...
  9. Windows + [number] shortcut not working as expected?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows + [number] shortcut not working as expected?: Hello! Just got a new computer and have a quick question. When I do Windows + [number] to go to an open program, if there are multiple windows of the program open (e.g., two separate Chrome instances) it shows those windows but does not bring any of them into foreground...
  10. Spell Check is not working as expected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spell Check is not working as expected: Once in a while when I write something using Edge, I face an issue with Spell Check - it doesn’t correct the misspelled words. Because it is not an ongoing issue, it is difficult to spot the cause of it. I made sure that Highlight Misspelled Words are on. But this feature...