Windows 10: Windows Photos - "It looks like you don't have permissions to save changes to this file."

Discus and support Windows Photos - "It looks like you don't have permissions to save changes to this file." in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I've had this issue every time I have reinstalled windows (for cleaning/faulty driver reasons). It appears to be impossible to save a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hookens, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Windows Photos - "It looks like you don't have permissions to save changes to this file."

Hello everyone,

I've had this issue every time I have reinstalled windows (for cleaning/faulty driver reasons). It appears to be impossible to save a trimmed version of a video when using Windows Photos, and I have yet to find what allows you to. It would always fix itself overnight for some reason, without ever doing anything specific. I was wondering if anyone had found what fixed this issue specifically.

submitted by /u/Hookens
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hookens, Mar 14, 2021

2. Saving edited photos. The message is "It looks as though don't have permission to save changes to this file"

Some changes have come to Windows 10 without my knowledge. When I now edit a photo II cannot save it. The message is "It looks as though don't have permission to save changes to this file"

What have Microsoft and how can I change it back . . I've tried various things but they don't work.

StephenIzzard, Mar 14, 2021
  3. louhoang Win User
    File permissions to delete file

You can try the steps below

1. Right click the file to that you don’t have permission to access. Vlick Properties.
    2. Go to Security tab and select Edit.
    3. Select Add button
    4. Type Everyone then select Check Names. Click OK to save changes.
    5. you will be back in the previous window, under Group or users names, choose Everyone then check mark Full control.
    you can refer more: Fix: You dont currently have permission to access this folder in Windows 10

louhoang, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Jessen P Win User

Windows Photos - "It looks like you don't have permissions to save changes to this file."

Getting Error code "Do not have permissions to save changes to this file"

Hi Kimberly,

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Are you referring to Photo app when you mention photo program?
    • What is the exact error message that you get?

• Check the file "properties" | "security" | [Advance] starting with C:\Users
      • Owner should be "SYSTEM"
    • Now check the save for C:\Users\<username>
      • Owner should also be "SYSTEM"
      • but the users you signed into windows as (should be your Microsoft account) should be in the "Permissions entries" list with "Full Contol"
      • If not, Add the user you are logged in as.
    • All the folders and sub-folders below should be "owned" by the user you are logged into windows with.
      And - importantly, have a permissions entry for "full control"
      • More then likely the folder you are getting this error on may have the correct owner, but for some reason that same user is missing a "Permission Entry". Add a "full control" entry for the user and you should be able to save to that folder and all sub-folders
    Please revert if you face any issues with saving the changes made to the file.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows Photos - "It looks like you don't have permissions to save changes to this file."

1. Windows Photos - "It looks like you don't have permissions to save changes to this file." - Similar Threads - Photos looks don't

2. It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...: I will try my hardest not to swear here. This ought to be the simplest thing in the world: I have a video file on my desktop. I am trying to save a clip from that video file as a separate file. Instead, it's *****ing impossible. Every time I try, I get the same message: "It...
  3. It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...: I will try my hardest not to swear here. This ought to be the simplest thing in the world: I have a video file on my desktop. I am trying to save a clip from that video file as a separate file. Instead, it's *****ing impossible. Every time I try, I get the same message: "It...
  4. It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Photos in One Drive - "It looks like you don't have permission to view the file. Check the...

Photos in One Drive - "It looks like you don't have permission to view the file. Check the...: Hi, I've got thousands of photos from a few decades stored in One Drive and unfortunately nowhere else where I get the following message: "It looks like you don't have permission to view the file. Check the permissions and try again."Upon checking Properties > Security >...
  6. "You don't have permission to save changes to this file"

"You don't have permission to save changes to this file": I'm the only one using this desktop, with only one user account. I have tried almost everything, under properties I have ensured that all admin/users have full control. I have run sfc /scannow. But it's still not working... All I want to do is trim my videos :- please help...
  7. "It looks like as though you dont have permission to save changes to this file, Try saving...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "It looks like as though you dont have permission to save changes to this file, Try saving...: whenever i have a clip that i made from a game and i try to trim it, it gives me an error message saying "It looks like as though you dont have permission to save changes to this file, Try saving a copy instead.'' i am the only user on the device and i find it quite odd that...
  8. Message -- It looks like yon't have permission to save changes to this file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Message -- It looks like yon't have permission to save changes to this file: I get the message in this subject line when trying to trim a video using the photo app's Movies & TV. Mine is a HP laptop using Windows 10. The videos that I'm trying to trim were converted to mp4 from dvds using the VLC app. Home movies-- no copyright protections. I...
  9. Error message "it looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"

Error message "it looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file": I subscribe to MS365 and use OneDrive so that I can create and save files across my laptop and desktop...I am the only user. I am getting the error while trying to edit and then save a JPG file that I created from a screenshot and saved to a local ONEDrive folder that...
  10. How do I fix "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"?

How do I fix "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"?: I did a screen recording with Bandicam and tried to crop the video in the Photos app. However, when I click 'Save as', I get an error message that says "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy instead." I know this is an error...