Windows 10: Windows Photos not working

Discus and support Windows Photos not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On my desktop, Windows Photos opens into a black screen and then immediately closes. On my Surface laptop and on my wife's desktop (identical to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WilliamWeissinger, Dec 3, 2019 at 12:27 PM.

1. Windows Photos not working

On my desktop, Windows Photos opens into a black screen and then immediately closes. On my Surface laptop and on my wife's desktop (identical to mine), Windows Photos opens so that one can view old photos, but when one tries to import new photos from either my or my wife's iPhones, Windows Photos begins to import them ("300 photos found" -- or whatever number) but the system then freezes.

I have tried repairing Windows Photos, Resetting Windows Photos, and uninstalling and reinstalling it. None of these attempts have helped.

Because Windows Photos isn't functional across three separate computers, I'm assuming it may be a problem caused by a recent update, but from what research I've done on-line I've not seen reports of anyone else having similar problems.

Your suggestions would be welcome.

Bill

:)

WilliamWeissinger, Dec 3, 2019 at 12:27 PM

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Dec 3, 2019 at 12:35 PM
  4. Windows Photos not working

Windows 10 Microsoft Photos has stopped working.

Hi Roger,

This issue often caused by a corrupted files. For us to have your Photo app working, we suggest that you restore Photos app package by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type PowerShell, and select Windows PowerShell
      from the list of result.
    • Type this command and press Enter:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Restart your computer. Check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Thema:

Windows Photos not working

1. Windows Photos not working - Similar Threads - Photos working

2. Photos app in windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos app in windows 10 not working: The photo app has stopped working. I've tried "repair" from the settings menu but it didn't help. I'm afraid to try the "reset" because this message appears: "This will permanently delete the app's data on this device, including your preference and sign-in data." Sounds like...
  3. Photos app enhance not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos app enhance not working: Since the latest update to Photos app enhance doesn't work for many customers. Anyone seeing the same? 1909 is what I am running. Thx. submitted by /u/dhimansumit4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dw903u/photos_app_enhance_not_working/
  4. I can not get Windows 10 Photos App to work correctly, can't import all iPhone images and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not get Windows 10 Photos App to work correctly, can't import all iPhone images and...: Hello: Is anyone actually using the Windows 10 Photos App? I really want it to work but it is so problematic it is making me want to switch back to Apple Mac. I have tried using this application on 3 different laptops, 2 Dell and 1 Lenovo and they all behave the same in...
  5. Photos App Not Working

Photos App Not Working: windows 10 photos app does not Open. I have followed all the methods like 1) sfc\scannow 2)powershell get-appxpackage 3)reset apps 4) Changed the user account 5) Re-installed Windows and almost every other thing that I found on forums but still it is not working....
  6. Microsoft Photo App - Edit feature - Automatic Enhancement feature not working

Microsoft Photo App - Edit feature - Automatic Enhancement feature not working: All Aspects of the Edit features are working fine. However, the "Enhancement" icon does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-app-edit-feature-automatic/1ef5071f-3c44-4383-83c5-3f2c669b2aa0
  7. Open Map doesn't work anymore in Microsoft Photos App

Open Map doesn't work anymore in Microsoft Photos App: This feature used to work last winter. If I opened a photo in Photos and then selected File information and clicked on Open map under location it would open Maps and show where the photo was taken. Some time over the summer it stopped working (after an Windows 10 update)....
  8. Photo app: show cloud-only content with onedrive for business (work or school accounts)

Photo app: show cloud-only content with onedrive for business (work or school accounts): Hello, short question: Is there a way to set photo to display cloud-only content when the content is on OneDrive for business. longer explanation of the question: I had to switch between my office365 home subscription to office 365 for business. As a result, I had to...
  9. Windows 10 Photo app will not work on all my windows 10 computers

Windows 10 Photo app will not work on all my windows 10 computers: Windows 10 domain joined computers new and old computers on a server 2016 standard domain. Started off with one computers photo app not working. You can't open photos with this app. You can open photos in paint but not Windows Photo Viewer. I tried resetting, repairing the...
  10. Photo editing, enhance function not working, again, same problem 2018?

Photo editing, enhance function not working, again, same problem 2018?: Why is the enhance function not working in Windows Photo Editor since the last Windows update? The enhance option in edit photo mode is there and the vertical line snaps from the left hand side of the "enhance your photo" window to the centre in the same way that it used to...