Windows 10: Windows Photos not working

Discus and support Windows Photos not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On my desktop, Windows Photos opens into a black screen and then immediately closes. On my Surface laptop and on my wife's desktop (identical to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WilliamWeissinger, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Windows Photos not working

On my desktop, Windows Photos opens into a black screen and then immediately closes. On my Surface laptop and on my wife's desktop (identical to mine), Windows Photos opens so that one can view old photos, but when one tries to import new photos from either my or my wife's iPhones, Windows Photos begins to import them ("300 photos found" -- or whatever number) but the system then freezes.

I have tried repairing Windows Photos, Resetting Windows Photos, and uninstalling and reinstalling it. None of these attempts have helped.

Because Windows Photos isn't functional across three separate computers, I'm assuming it may be a problem caused by a recent update, but from what research I've done on-line I've not seen reports of anyone else having similar problems.

Your suggestions would be welcome.

Bill

:)

WilliamWeissinger, Dec 3, 2019

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Windows Photos not working

Windows 10 Microsoft Photos has stopped working.

Hi Roger,

This issue often caused by a corrupted files. For us to have your Photo app working, we suggest that you restore Photos app package by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type PowerShell, and select Windows PowerShell
      from the list of result.
    • Type this command and press Enter:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Restart your computer. Check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows Photos not working

1. Windows Photos not working - Similar Threads - Photos working

2. download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working: Hello, it used to be very easy to download photos from my ipad to my PC using a USB cable to connect ipad to the PC. When I clicked on -This PC-Apple iPad- an internal storage bar came up showing how much space is used up on the iPad. I would double click on that icon. Then a...
  3. download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working: Hello, it used to be very easy to download photos from my ipad to my PC using a USB cable to connect ipad to the PC. When I clicked on -This PC-Apple iPad- an internal storage bar came up showing how much space is used up on the iPad. I would double click on that icon. Then a...
  4. Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10: I don't know when exactly this happened, but it was after a Windows update, the Microsoft Photos app opens, but it doesn't show the preview of the photos and when I click on them nothing happens, but if I click to open a folder and it doesn't Inside the application the photo...
  5. Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10

Microsoft Photos no longer works in Windows 10: I don't know when exactly this happened, but it was after a Windows update, the Microsoft Photos app opens, but it doesn't show the preview of the photos and when I click on them nothing happens, but if I click to open a folder and it doesn't Inside the application the photo...
  6. Photos app working oddly in Windows 11 Pro - can only see specific files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app working oddly in Windows 11 Pro - can only see specific files: I am using Windows 11 Pro on two laptops. Both have all of the latest Microsoft updates. Today I noticed that upon opening the Photos app the only thumbnails I see are photos that are located in the Pictures > Photos folder child folders of Photos also appear. Everything else...
  7. Photos app working oddly in Windows 11 Pro - can only see specific files

Photos app working oddly in Windows 11 Pro - can only see specific files: I am using Windows 11 Pro on two laptops. Both have all of the latest Microsoft updates. Today I noticed that upon opening the Photos app the only thumbnails I see are photos that are located in the Pictures > Photos folder child folders of Photos also appear. Everything else...
  8. Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...: I'm having a problem sorting my Picture folders. I do have about 50K photos on my computer in about 250 subfolders under Pictures. The folder I've been using to test contains more than 2,000 photos. When I sort by name it works pretty quick, but if I try to sort by Date or...
  9. Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...

Windows Explorer sort function not working for my Photos folders - I click a column to sort...: I'm having a problem sorting my Picture folders. I do have about 50K photos on my computer in about 250 subfolders under Pictures. The folder I've been using to test contains more than 2,000 photos. When I sort by name it works pretty quick, but if I try to sort by Date or...
  10. Microsoft photos app zoom not working

Microsoft photos app zoom not working: When i open a picture in Photos app i can zoom using scroll wheel or clicking the zoom buttons. however when i go to the next picture zoom functionality stops working. Not through the scroll wheel Or by clicking the zoom icons right bottom. Zoom does not work at all. I tries...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone pictures not working