Windows 10: Windows Photos + OneDrive - Please help, I'm really frustrated.

Discus and support Windows Photos + OneDrive - Please help, I'm really frustrated. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have around 20,000 photos which I store on OneDrive. There are so many missing features in OneDrive related to photos management and organization, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tal Barak, May 24, 2019.

1. Tal Barak Win User

Windows Photos + OneDrive - Please help, I'm really frustrated.

I have around 20,000 photos which I store on OneDrive. There are so many missing features in OneDrive related to photos management and organization, so I naturally thought that I will use Windows 10 Photos app as client software to organize these photos on OneDrive.

The first feature which I was really looking forward to using is the photos app face detection capabilities. I will write my questions in this post only about this feature and will write my other questions related to other features in different posts.

• I can see the "People" section and a nice amount of people are displayed there.
      However, when I viewed photos, I expected to see something like rectangles around each of the people faces in the photo with the person name.
      This is a feature that exists in any other face detection app, and help much to see which other people are also in the picture, and to make sure that every person in the photo was indeed detected by the photos app.
    • In the "People" section, under a specific person, I see all of "its" photos (in other words, photos where this person was detected). But why cannot I fix the detection (if there is an error), and instruct the app, that this isn't person X, but person Y...
      There is an option to "remove tag", but if I understand correctly, it only removes the current person detection, and cannot help you choose the right person.
    • For each photo, where the face detection information is saved? In some internal database, or inside the photo metadata (something like the XMP tag)?
    • The biggest question is how can I use face detection information created in Windows Photos, in OneDrive? Sadly there is no "people" section in OneDrive when viewing photos, but why can't I use the tagging option and search for a tag with a specific person name?

Thank you for all of the experts that can help.

P.S

English isn't my first language, so please forgive me for any grammar mistakes.

:)

Tal Barak, May 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 24, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, May 24, 2019
  4. Easo Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

Thema:

1. Windows Photos + OneDrive - Please help, I'm really frustrated. - Similar Threads - Photos OneDrive Please

2. Help with a really, really slow pc please.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with a really, really slow pc please.: I am running windows 10pro 64bit on a Dell Optiplex 755, Intel Duo Core 2, 3GB ram and its really really slow.So was wondering if there could be a perfect windows 10 that can be compatible with my pc . I was thinking Windows 10 32bit or Windows 10Home 64bit would work maybe?...
  3. Help with a really, really slow pc please.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with a really, really slow pc please.: I am running windows 10pro 64bit on a Dell Optiplex 755, Intel Duo Core 2, 3GB ram and its really really slow.So was wondering if there could be a perfect windows 10 that can be compatible with my pc . I was thinking Windows 10 32bit or Windows 10Home 64bit would work maybe?...
  4. Help with a really, really slow pc please.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. OneDrive : Puzzled and frustrated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive : Puzzled and frustrated: MS WINDOWS 10 HOME 64-BIT 10.0.19041 I'll admit I dislike OneDrive intensely and wish MS had never bundled it in Win10 but I hope I will feel differently if I maybe understood it better. I have scanned some of your tutorials but I am still confused by the following : 1)...
  6. Windows 10 and Onedrive, beyond frustrated. Help please!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 and Onedrive, beyond frustrated. Help please!!: HELP PLEASE!! This is more to get the attention of a tech who works for Microsoft or whomever, but I had to let this all out. I can't begin to tell you how frustrated and upset I am. I am no techie, and I've spent the last 2 weeks going from one Windows 10 issue to another....
  7. Please anyone help me I'm getting really frustrated!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please anyone help me I'm getting really frustrated!: So yesterday I was normally sitting on my pc watching movies playing some games put pc on hibernate now in the morning I can't boot up my PC it's stuck in "Diagnosing your PC" loop i've tried almost everything, I can't access Safe Mode, can't access boot menu. I need the PC...
  8. Please Help Me WITH THIS ISSUE, IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please Help Me WITH THIS ISSUE, IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING: [ATTACH] The surface laptop 2 after a quite usage period, Shows a blue screen of death (BSOD), with the stop code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, I have tried every internet tutorial to solve this error, The following results are: During the memory diagnostic (Ran a memory...
  9. ONEDRIVE HELP PLEASE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ONEDRIVE HELP PLEASE: Ever since i got onedrive i have had nothing but issues with it. When i try to stop syncing my files it says to wait for the file to stop syncing although it never stops. The limit is 5gb however it still continues although it says i'm already maxed out. I have tried to get...
  10. OneDrive help please

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive help please: Hi. I recently purchased a OneDrive subscription and am having a problem with it not fully syncing my music folder. Locally my music is saved in the Music folder->Artist->Album->Tracks. OneDrive is only syncing the Artist and Album titles but no tracks. All my photos...