Windows 10: Windows Photos opens instead of notification of file location

Discus and support Windows Photos opens instead of notification of file location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Previously, when I download a Pixel 2 photo taken that is copied to Google Photos into my PC there was a notification to locate the file in my PC's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JonHardinger, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Windows Photos opens instead of notification of file location

Previously, when I download a Pixel 2 photo taken that is copied to Google Photos into my PC there was a notification to locate the file in my PC's Download folder, now it is not there and only Windows Photos opens, so I cannot locate the file in my PC

:)

JonHardinger, Jun 8, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jun 8, 2019
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows Photos opens instead of notification of file location

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows Photos opens instead of notification of file location

1. Windows Photos opens instead of notification of file location - Similar Threads - Photos opens instead

2. "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..: I think the title sums up this annoying issue, but I'll elaborate anyway for the sake of clarity:When I right click on a program in the Start menu and click on "Open file location" it should, by right, open the location of the file, but it never does. It always opens the...
  3. "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..: I think the title sums up this annoying issue, but I'll elaborate anyway for the sake of clarity:When I right click on a program in the Start menu and click on "Open file location" it should, by right, open the location of the file, but it never does. It always opens the...
  4. File location starting with \\?\ instead of a letter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File location starting with \\?\ instead of a letter: Hey everyone, I just came across a odd "error", I tried to open a mp4 file using vlc and I couldn't do it. Trying to solve the problem I noticed that by right clicking on the file, and then choosing properties, the mp4 file location started with a \\?\:This only happens when...
  5. File location starting with \\?\ instead of a letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File location starting with \\?\ instead of a letter: Hey everyone, I just came across a odd "error", I tried to open a mp4 file using vlc and I couldn't do it. Trying to solve the problem I noticed that by right clicking on the file, and then choosing properties, the mp4 file location started with a \\?\:This only happens when...
  6. File location starting with \\?\ instead of a letter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Open File Location in Photos

Open File Location in Photos: How can I open the folder containing the image file that is open in Photos? This used to be a right-click option, but it's now gone. I know that the path of the file can be viewed via `Right-click > File information > Folder path`; but that does not offer a way to get to...
  8. Open File Location - Microsoft Photos

Open File Location - Microsoft Photos: Hi, I used to have the option to 'open file location' when I right-clicked an image inside of photos. It used to be between these two options [ATTACH] But it has disappeared. I can't find anything about this online, please help....
  9. Antivirus with file instead of location exceptions?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus with file instead of location exceptions?: I'd like to have an antivirus that when I set an exemption for a file, it will ignore that file everywhere. There are many things like utility programs, demos (especially ones from Farbrausch) and other things using unusual programming techniques that cause antivirus and...
  10. Open file location

in Windows 10 Support
    Open file location: When I select "Open file location" it opens the program folder. EDIT: The issue may be that I used "ProgramLocation\ProgramName" "FileLocation\FileName" to open the file because it is Excel and this prevents it opening in the same instance. EDIT 2: That is the problem,...