Windows 10: Windows Photos People Recognition stopped working

Discus and support Windows Photos People Recognition stopped working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This app worked perfectly well up to some unknown moment. Now it cannot detect people and images. I use Photos version: 2019.19031.17710.0 and Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JosephShin2, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Windows Photos People Recognition stopped working

This app worked perfectly well up to some unknown moment. Now it cannot detect people and images. I use Photos version: 2019.19031.17710.0 and Windows 10, version 1809

:)

JosephShin2, Jun 2, 2019

2. Photos App - "People" facial recognition not complete

Love the Facial Recognition capabilities in the PHOTOS app. However, many, many photos of people are just not being included at all in either the correct People category or even in an "ADD" category. I had been a long time user of the Windows Live Photo
    Gallery app and its Facial Recognition worked much better and was certainly complete in that it ALWAYS identified a face to recognize and categorize. So, what the heck is going on here??? Can someone please explain what, if any, are the limitations within
    the new Photos/People functionality????? Is it perhaps because I have more than a certain number of photos? Is it because the app just sucks?? Please help.

scottfactor, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Windows Photo and facial recognition.

I'd like to reawaken this thread, as the original question was not answered.

I had read articles suggesting that the Photos app wouldgain facial recognition as part of the creators update, but now the update is arriving, this does not seem to be in the list of enhancements.

As a user still of MS Photo Gallery, I'm eagerly awaiting this function so that I can streamline the apps needed to manage/view my photos.

Don_Bidyre, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Windows Photos People Recognition stopped working

Windows Photos People Recognition "Stuck"

Hi Kernal Kue,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the app doesn't work as it should and I appreciate you for providing the details of the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed. This will help us in avoiding the repetition
    of the same steps.

We will look into this for you, please follow the methods below so that we can narrow down to the root cause of the issue.

Method A: Suggest you to use the PowerShell commands to remove the Photos app package and then reinstall this app from the Store.

1. Open the CMD as Administrator.
    2. Type powershell.
    3. Paste this code: ‘Get-AppxPackage *photo* | Remove-AppxPackage’.
    4. Restart your computer.
    5. Install the
      Photos app
      from Microsoft Store.

Method B: This issue could be due to a user profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate that possibilities, I would suggest you to login to a different administrator user account and check the app status. If you do
    not have another administrator user account, you can follow the article to ‘Create
    local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    ’ and check the status of the issue.

Note: You will not see all your old and existing files under your new default file location. So your data will be saved under C:\users\user_name.

We await your response.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows Photos People Recognition stopped working

1. Windows Photos People Recognition stopped working - Similar Threads - Photos Recognition stopped

2. Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working: Hi Guys,I have just reinstalled my PC Windows 11 Pro and the Hello face recognition is failing. it opens the camera and sees me and the just freezes like a photo, worked fine before I reinstalled. It is a generic IR/Webcam and works OK in Teams etc, any ideas...
  3. people recognition not working on photo app

people recognition not working on photo app: people recognition not working on photo app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-recognition-not-working-on-photo-app/0fec91a3-4c62-4ffe-990d-cc072373ffe7
  4. Face recognition stopped working in Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Customization
    Face recognition stopped working in Windows Hello: When I purchased a laptop, I set up Windows Hello and it was working fine. Then I deleted that user’s account and created a new one. But I cannot configure Windows Hello for this new user. I receive a message that Something went wrong: it looks like you've already setup...
  5. face recognition stops working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    face recognition stops working: Face recognition became very unreliable, for no reason that I can see. Sometimes it works, but more often, it does not. I have to wait for a long time until it gives up and I can enter the PIN. I tried to delete my recognition information and started again, but this did not...
  6. People recognition Microsoft Photos Apps Windows 10

People recognition Microsoft Photos Apps Windows 10: i have completed a clean install of Windows 10 version 1903 Home on my Dell laptop and have Microsoft Photos 2019.19051.16210.0 installed but it only recognized a few people on initial scan and will not add new people after adding new photos to the computer. Is this a bug?...
  7. Windows Photos People Recognition "Stuck"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Photos People Recognition "Stuck": I' ve been trying to self-solve this issue for a little while now. Photos is detecting faces/people in my images and then stops doing so. Through repeated repairs and deletions (app/databases/files) I have determined that the detection stop at a specific date (they only go...
  8. Windows Photos has stopped recognising people

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Photos has stopped recognising people: Hello, I like Windows Photos and most especially the way it organises photos and videos by peoples faces that you can then assign their name to. Sadly I noticed that around September 2018 it stopped doing this for photos added to my scanned directories. I have put in many...
  9. Facial Recognition stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Facial Recognition stopped working: Dell Inspiron 15 7000 2 in 1. No warning - one day it worked the next it didn't. I've tried resetting through HELLO. No luck. Ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-stopped-working/bf630f6a-ab40-499a-85fe-6081ea01a945
  10. Facial recognition stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Facial recognition stopped working: I set facial recognition on my laptop but this feature stopped working. The infrared light next to the camera also stops to turn on. I tried to fix the issue using My camera app but it doesn’t work either and the camera window is just a black screen. I think the drivers are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows photos people recognition not working