Windows 10: Windows Photos People Recognition "Stuck"

Discus and support Windows Photos People Recognition "Stuck" in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I' ve been trying to self-solve this issue for a little while now. Photos is detecting faces/people in my images and then stops doing so. Through... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Kernal Kue, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Windows Photos People Recognition "Stuck"

I' ve been trying to self-solve this issue for a little while now. Photos is detecting faces/people in my images and then stops doing so. Through repeated repairs and deletions (app/databases/files) I have determined that the detection stop at a specific date (they only go back from present to mid December 2018).

I'm assuming that there is an error when processing one of the files but all the files look fine around that date scanning through them manually.

Is there an error log created for this process? I couldn't find anything in the event viewer.

Photos version: 2019.19031.17710.0

Windows version: 1809

Any help much appreciated. Please no "repair the photos app" or similar comments - I have clearly stated I have already done this.

Thanks.

:)

Kernal Kue, Apr 24, 2019

2. Windows Photo and facial recognition.

I'd like to reawaken this thread, as the original question was not answered.

I had read articles suggesting that the Photos app wouldgain facial recognition as part of the creators update, but now the update is arriving, this does not seem to be in the list of enhancements.

As a user still of MS Photo Gallery, I'm eagerly awaiting this function so that I can streamline the apps needed to manage/view my photos.

Don_Bidyre, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Photos App - "People" facial recognition not complete

Love the Facial Recognition capabilities in the PHOTOS app. However, many, many photos of people are just not being included at all in either the correct People category or even in an "ADD" category. I had been a long time user of the Windows Live Photo
    Gallery app and its Facial Recognition worked much better and was certainly complete in that it ALWAYS identified a face to recognize and categorize. So, what the heck is going on here??? Can someone please explain what, if any, are the limitations within
    the new Photos/People functionality????? Is it perhaps because I have more than a certain number of photos? Is it because the app just sucks?? Please help.

scottfactor, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Windows Photos People Recognition "Stuck"

windows 10 photo app facial recognition

the latest upgrade to the Photo App in Windows 10 has a cool feature that offers facial recognition via something called "my people" where I can see all photos for a particular person. however, my mother's computer, which is definitely upgraded to the
    latest version of windows 10, does NOT show this new feature in the Windows Photo App. Any suggestions for turning on this AI facial recognition feature on my mother's computer?

scottfactor, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows Photos People Recognition "Stuck"

1. Windows Photos People Recognition "Stuck" - Similar Threads - Photos Recognition Stuck

2. Windows 7 people why be stuck in the mud

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 7 people why be stuck in the mud: Could Windows 7 people please tell me why they wont upgrade to Windows 10. When it was first offered I was dubious nobody likes change it makes you feel insecure. The fact is by going to Windows 10 you couldnt be more secure . Windows Anti Virus and Anti malware Engine. The...
  3. Face recognition seems stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Face recognition seems stuck: Recently switched to Windows 10. Clean install on a formatted disk. Everything is working perfectly but the photos app: I pointed the photos app at my photo directory with I guess 20-30K pictures. All of these have been indexed and are visible in the 'collection' tab and...
  4. MS Photos, People Tags

MS Photos, People Tags: I have been using the MS Photos app for a long time and I had not seen this issue.......but now after a clean install because of a computer crash the "People" Tab did not show the "Start Tagging" button when I first opened it and I only show a few people that have been...
  5. MS Photos, People Tags

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Photos, People Tags: I have been using the MS Photos app for a long time and I had not seen this issue.......but now after a clean install because of a computer crash the "People" Tab did not show the "Start Tagging" button when I first opened it and I only show a few people that have been...
  6. Photo App people tagging

Photo App people tagging: I have installed a new hard drive with a clean install of Windows 10 Home, Version 1809. I was hoping the photo app would re-scan my photos and tag them, but it seems to have halted with less than twenty photos tagged. The app does show all photos in my Pictures folder....
  7. MS Photo Face Recognition

MS Photo Face Recognition: I recently replaced an old HP PC with a new Dell PC, both run/ran Windows 10. The photos and albums transferred ok but the face recognition feature is not functioning on the new Dell. Is there something I need to do? I don't remember doing anything in particular before, but...
  8. People lookup slow in Photos people tagging

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    People lookup slow in Photos people tagging: So I now have the People tagging feature in Win10 Photos. It did take some time for the PC to recognize the faces from my large library of photos. Now, when I try to choose a suggestion and enter a name, the search window for People is extremely slow to load. I can sit...
  9. Tagging people in photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tagging people in photos: I am running Windows 10 and want to tag all the people in my photos from an external hard drive. A few mug shots have shown up and I have renamed them as appropriate, however this is only a few of the hundreds of faces I have in the photos. I have linked the folders but...
  10. Photos - Facial Recognition Progress

Photos - Facial Recognition Progress: I have been investigating the facial recognition of the photos app. So far, so good, but I have no way of knowing when/if it is actively performing facial recognition and the progress of searching all my photos. 1) How do I know if the process is running? Do I have to...