Windows 10: Windows Photos takes too much RAM !

Discus and support Windows Photos takes too much RAM ! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello ! I am having problem with Windows Photos. First when I open two images and minimize them, the RAM Usage starts to grow each 10 seconds. So for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IskrenMarinov, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Windows Photos takes too much RAM !

Hello !
    I am having problem with Windows Photos.
    First when I open two images and minimize them, the RAM Usage starts to grow each 10 seconds. So for 10 minutes it goes from 200MB to 10GB and my PC Becomes unusable even when I have 64GB, untill I kill the process.
    This is what happens when I open one PNG 6MB:
    It goes up up up to infinity untill all my 64Gigs are taken. Screenshot is taken 3-4 minutes after I open that PNG file. And I havent touched anything. Just watching how the ram taken is increasing. Do you guys have any idea what happens ?
    I tried to reset Windows Photo but that did not help.
    Windows Photos takes too much RAM ! 8a7c8fd5-34be-47fc-b72e-33c515b4f4fa?upload=true.jpg

:)

IskrenMarinov, Nov 12, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 12, 2018
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Windows Photos takes too much RAM ! :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Nov 12, 2018
  4. Windows Photos takes too much RAM !

To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Windows Photos takes too much RAM ! :D

DrunkenMafia, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows Photos takes too much RAM !

1. Windows Photos takes too much RAM ! - Similar Threads - Photos takes too

2. dwm exe taking too much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dwm exe taking too much ram: so, ive had this problem few weeks ago, and it annoys me because i had to restart almost everyday. hope someone could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwm-exe-taking-too-much-ram/e8a7fb6d-a9c2-4c4a-b2e4-c6a4376104bf
  3. second explorer process taking too much ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    second explorer process taking too much ram: I have a secondary explorer.exe process that's only showing when I sign in to my user account (not other accounts) that's taking 2.5GB of ram, I tried ending the process tree but it keeps restarting everytime. I used malwarebytes and ccleaner but I still have the issue. I...
  4. DWM.exe taking too much RAM

DWM.exe taking too much RAM: few days ago, i post "desktop windows manager taking too much RAM" and i fixed the problem by updating my drivers using support assist. few days later, today DWM.exe start to taking lots of RAM again. i dont know whats the problem, i updated all windows version, updated...
  5. desktop window manager taking too much RAM

desktop window manager taking too much RAM: my dwm is taking 2 gb of my ram and it keeps going up gpu: intel uhd 620 graphics cpu: intel i5 8250u 1.6ghz [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-window-manager-taking-too-much-ram/fe41382c-5ed3-4f58-8274-6b1b020330e0
  6. Desktop Window Manager Taking up too much RAM

Desktop Window Manager Taking up too much RAM: Every time I check task manager Desktop Window Manager us using up 20% of my memory I have 8gb How do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-window-manager-taking-up-too-much-ram/8b397e1f-29fd-4ac0-952c-a85697afa022
  7. Too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Too much RAM?: Hi, I have a question, it goes like this: My Acer A3 Notebook with Ryzen 5 3500U+8GB RAM+Radeon Vega Graphics, is using 70 % ram but almost no cpu up to 20% when I listen to Roon+ProtonVPN on+Browsing with Chrome. I have many programs installed but not that many I would...
  8. Too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much RAM?: Hi, I have a question, it goes like this: My Acer A3 Notebook with Ryzen 5 3500U+8GB RAM+Radeon Vega Graphics, is using 70 % ram but almost no cpu up to 20% when I listen to Roon+ProtonVPN on+Browsing with Chrome. I have many programs installed but not that many I would...
  9. Too much RAM taking up, for no reason.

Too much RAM taking up, for no reason.: Well Since a few days, my RAM has always been at 60% or more, even when I just start my computer, at the starting, only RAM always displays 60% or sometimes even more with no apps even being opened. I have a few apps installed only, which are the Basic apps Windows 10...
  10. Service host taking too much ram

Service host taking too much ram: How do I fix this as I barely have 3-4 GB ram left out of 8GB [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-taking-too-much-ram/aa6f3e12-641d-4daf-9bc3-43d47487d72a