Windows 10: Windows Photos too slow

Discus and support Windows Photos too slow in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows Photos is a big let down. It is too slow and often freezes. I have followed troubleshooting instructions but nothing has fixed it. I notice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hansard, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Hansard Win User

Windows Photos too slow

Windows Photos is a big let down. It is too slow and often freezes. I have followed troubleshooting instructions but nothing has fixed it. I notice that this is a long standing issue that Microsoft have yet to address. When is it going to be fixed and is there anything that can be done in the meantime?

:)

Hansard, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Photo app in Windows 10 is extremely slow

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the methods below and check if it helps to fix the issue:

Method 1: Run Maintenance task.

The Run maintenance task checks for issues that might slow down your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting and click on
      Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.
    Method 2: Turn off Automatically enhance my photos.

Automatic enhancements are not saved in the file and are only applied upon viewing the photo. Turning it off may help speed up the loading of photos. Here are the steps on how to turn off enhancements:

• Open Photos.
    • Click on the three dots on the upper right part of the app and click on
      Settings
    • Under Viewing and editing, turn off Automatically enhance my photos by moving the slider.
    • If you are not using OneDrive, you can also turn off Show my cloud-only content from OneDrive.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Mar 22, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Windows Photos too slow :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows Photos too slow

Windows 10 Photos app slow scrolling

Hi Amit,

Corruptions may be the possible cause why the scroll was slow when using Photo app. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from increasing the no. of lines to scroll under Mouse settings to 50?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to to scan for corruptions and restore corrupted system files. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you perform the instructions in this

article
    to restore Windows corruption errors.

Feel free to post us back if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows Photos too slow

1. Windows Photos too slow - Similar Threads - Photos too slow

2. Windows 10's Photos App Is Too Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10's Photos App Is Too Slow: Hello,For the last week, every time I try to share a picture online it takes forever, like watching paint dry. How can I fix this issue, please?Thanks,Lourdes...
  3. Windows 10's Photos App Is Too Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10's Photos App Is Too Slow: Hello,For the last week, every time I try to share a picture online it takes forever, like watching paint dry. How can I fix this issue, please?Thanks,Lourdes...
  4. Windows 11 too slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 too slow: I have a Dell G7, and it worked just fine with windows 10, I upgraded to windows 11 and it worked for a couple of weeks, but now it takes 15 minutes to initialize, but some times it gives me an error saying that explorer has crashed or someting like that, than the screen...
  5. Windows 11 too slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 too slow: I have a Dell G7, and it worked just fine with windows 10, I upgraded to windows 11 and it worked for a couple of weeks, but now it takes 15 minutes to initialize, but some times it gives me an error saying that explorer has crashed or someting like that, than the screen...
  6. HDD too slow on Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD too slow on Windows: Hi Everyone, I recently installed a new SSD in place of my HDD, and in place of my DVD writer, I installed my HDD. Now my SSD is working fine. But my HDD is running extremely slow, sometimes it hangs my Windows Explorer. I thought it is something wrong with my HDD. But...
  7. too slow

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    too slow: i dont understand my laptop is very slow I refreshed it several times nothing changed it is tooo slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/too-slow/99351137-db9b-497b-9930-f5cd3eaa2382
  8. windows ten is too slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows ten is too slow: My computer been so slow of late after the new update I deleted files but cannot delete a ton thanks to the stupid trusted installer which to me is a dumb programing idea any way still been really slow I use my windows seven computer it is a old note book got several years...
  9. Windows is too slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is too slow: Windows has been too slow after the update, update all the drivers and check the entire Windows Defender computer, any ideas that may be happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-too-slow/55dd2c39-e3e9-4a02-8f37-5c0435498174
  10. Windows Boot too slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Boot too slow: Whenever I switch on my Laptop , It takes about 2min to load . It is very frustrating . The thing is that it shows multiple messages such as "Waiting for Local Session manager" , "Starting Services" , "Preparing Windows" at every startup and "Stopping services" , "Stopping...