Windows 10: Windows Photos - why so bad?

Discus and support Windows Photos - why so bad? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a simple question: Why is the Windows Photos software so absolutely dreadful? Windows 7 and later had a pretty nice and functional picture... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichalzeszenAM, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Windows Photos - why so bad?

I have a simple question:

Why is the Windows Photos software so absolutely dreadful?

Windows 7 and later had a pretty nice and functional picture visualization tool, but since Windows 10 we're stuck with this new "appfied" software that is simple ridiculously nonfunctional.

Is this the best Microsoft has to offer?

:)

MichalzeszenAM, Jul 28, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Windows Photos - why so bad? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 28, 2020
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Windows Photos - why so bad?

Why is share function in Photo app so limited?

I would like to post photos that I have edited in Photo App to Instagram. I'm running Windows 10 and have Instagram installed. Reinstalling Instagram doesn't help to add this site to the share options. Millions of others must find this frustrating as
    well. Why not have a short list of popular photo sharing apps, e.g Instagram, Google photos etc. you can access from the Photo app, as well as Facebook and Twitter . Is this a territorial thing, i.e. anything Microsoft doesn't own or can sell is of no interest?
    I have suggested they include this improvement with the next Windows 10 upgrade, but don't really expect this will happen.

StephenCollicoat, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows Photos - why so bad?

1. Windows Photos - why so bad? - Similar Threads - Photos why bad

2. Why is windows photos so bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows photos so bad?: Decided after 10+ years of using mac to change up and try windows. Wow worst mistake of my life considering all ive had is errors for 3 days and all ive managed to do is migrate my music from itunes to windows itunes.What a nightmare trying to import photos and videos into...
  3. Why is windows photos so bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is windows photos so bad?: Decided after 10+ years of using mac to change up and try windows. Wow worst mistake of my life considering all ive had is errors for 3 days and all ive managed to do is migrate my music from itunes to windows itunes.What a nightmare trying to import photos and videos into...
  4. Why windows is so bad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why windows is so bad: this is the reason. Windows collects user data, is very slow, has to restart for changes in settings and much more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-is-so-bad/bd40aa36-4dbe-4052-acc2-3cba0873f04f
  5. Why windows is so bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows is so bad: this is the reason. Windows collects user data, is very slow, has to restart for changes in settings and much more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-is-so-bad/bd40aa36-4dbe-4052-acc2-3cba0873f04f
  6. Why windows is so bad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Why is windows so bad at bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows so bad at bluetooth: HiSo it's 2022 so why is windows so incredibly incompetent at connecting to bluetooth headphones? Apple stuff just works but windows is a farce when it comes to reconnecting bluetooth headphones - even when they're connected apparently windows continues to play through the...
  8. Why is Windows 10 so Bad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is Windows 10 so Bad: I am fed up with Windows 10 and how it operates to print. I cannot find a way to default it from opening up another we page to view and print. It is a total useless and i would prefer to go back to previous version of windows as they were certainly more user friendly. Rant...
  9. Why is Windows 10 so bad?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Windows 10 so bad?: All, the unspoken rule is avoid the even numbered Win versions or releases....never more true then with Win 10...each successive update brings unreasonable challenges to users...anyone know if MS can be sued for an incessantly defective product? I have a fast SSD..etc...
  10. Why is Windows so bad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is Windows so bad: Dear Microsoft, I am a Windows user since Windows 98, hell I even had 2 Windows Phones. But since yesterday after I reinstalled Windows 10 and I am still facing the exact same issues, I am ready to say good bye to it. Windows 10 is an operating system that fails to do...