Windows 10: Windows piling up Temporary Folder files until disk is full

Discus and support Windows piling up Temporary Folder files until disk is full in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I noticed that my main drive would fill up to complete capacity quickly so looking at what it was filled with under Settings - System - Storage - This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by scottishman22, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Windows piling up Temporary Folder files until disk is full

I noticed that my main drive would fill up to complete capacity quickly so looking at what it was filled with under Settings - System - Storage - This PC I see a lot of space it taken up by temp files, though when I try to expand what temp files they never show up under the found allocation.

Windows piling up Temporary Folder files until disk is full [​IMG]

:)

scottishman22, Nov 9, 2019

2. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Temporary Windows 10 Installation Folder/Files

Hi,

The $Windows.-BT folder is associated with the Windows 10 upgrade process. It contains the previous Windows installation on your system. These files are used to downgrade to a previous version or a previous build of Windows 10.

Note: If you'll delete the $WINDOWS.-BT folder, you won’t be able to downgrade to the previous build or previous version of Windows your PC had installed. The option to roll your PC back will not be available.

Follow these steps to delete the $WINDOWS.-BT folder:

• Open Disk Cleanup by searching it using Cortana Search.
    • Under Disk Cleanup tab, check the Previous Windows installation(s) and Temporary Windows installation files.
    • Click on the OK button to remove the files.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out to us.

Darleen Pen, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Windows piling up Temporary Folder files until disk is full

How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows piling up Temporary Folder files until disk is full

1. Windows piling up Temporary Folder files until disk is full - Similar Threads - piling Temporary Folder

2. temporary files folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    temporary files folder: Hello, I am trying to free up some space on my C drive and I saw that I have 28GB of updates in my temporary files folder attached screenshot. How can I delete these files and is it safe to do so? Thank you in advance....
  3. temporary files folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    temporary files folder: Hello, I am trying to free up some space on my C drive and I saw that I have 28GB of updates in my temporary files folder attached screenshot. How can I delete these files and is it safe to do so? Thank you in advance....
  4. temporary files folder

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.: My BitDefender antivirus detected and quarantined malware, but I wanted to take proper measures and delete all temporary files and restore points. That is when this problem happened. Disk Cleanup is showing that I have 8.41 GB of temporary files but does not delete them at...
  6. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.: My BitDefender antivirus detected and quarantined malware, but I wanted to take proper measures and delete all temporary files and restore points. That is when this problem happened. Disk Cleanup is showing that I have 8.41 GB of temporary files but does not delete them at...
  7. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Icons on desktop piling up

Icons on desktop piling up: Icons on desktop piling up as seen as picture; I have 2 monitors; left one is "43inch-4K-3840˟2160-@60Hz" right one is "24inch-1080p-1920˟1080-@60Hz - tried everything with "On Desktop>RightClick>view." or "Sort" : No success. - restarted win explorer.exe: No success. -...
  9. Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?

Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?: When I run Disk Cleanup the Temporary files are not deleted.I tried "Clean System Files as well and then rebooted.Every time the 4.2 gig listed for Temporary files is still there.WV-Mike...
  10. Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup: Hi all. I have had 175mb of Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup for what seems like a few months now which will not seem to go following the routine disk cleanup action. I waited until the next major CU came and went which happened last night but it still says 175mb of...