Windows 10: Windows PIN error that spiraled into insanity.

Discus and support Windows PIN error that spiraled into insanity. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, yesterday I booted up my trusty Dell Latitude 5590, and tried to sign in. On the login screen, I was met with an error telling me that the PIN is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RichardDoesn'tUseEdge, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Windows PIN error that spiraled into insanity.

So, yesterday I booted up my trusty Dell Latitude 5590, and tried to sign in. On the login screen, I was met with an error telling me that the PIN is no longer available, so I set up my PIN again, typed in my password, and then was met with me needing to receive a code from my email. The problem is that this user account is the only place my email is signed into. Other than my phone, which I have to get repaired as the screen fried. So, I borrowed my sister's phone and tried to log in to my email on there, but I have 2FA enabled! So, I used the utilman.exe glitch to get command prompt open to

:)

RichardDoesn'tUseEdge, Oct 5, 2022

2. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Oct 5, 2022
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 5, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows PIN error that spiraled into insanity.

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

Windows PIN error that spiraled into insanity.

1. Windows PIN error that spiraled into insanity. - Similar Threads - PIN error spiraled

2. Windows PIN error that spiraled into insanity.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PIN error that spiraled into insanity.: So, yesterday I booted up my trusty Dell Latitude 5590, and tried to sign in. On the login screen, I was met with an error telling me that the PIN is no longer available, so I set up my PIN again, typed in my password, and then was met with me needing to receive a code from...
  3. Insane ram usage?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Insane ram usage?: [ATTACH] The only guess it the SSD... But maybe something else? Which is why i am asking https://preview.redd.it/4zhxcrhuj0x51.png?width=369&format=png&auto=webp&s=21274d827ec2e66753fd6fe0a206a806c3279e27...
  4. Welcome screen spiral/ Error code 80070013 in recovery.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Welcome screen spiral/ Error code 80070013 in recovery.: Hey community, So I've been troubleshooting this thing for a few days not and coming up with nothing. It doesn't seem like anyone has experienced what I'm going through, let me break it down. (Windows 10) I turn on my PC and it boots up like normal, I get to the welcome...
  5. captcha error driving me insane!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    captcha error driving me insane!: I keep getting this message when trying to enter my details in forms that require a captcha - like competition entries...….. Your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now. For more details visit our...
  6. Einstein's Definition of Insanity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Einstein's Definition of Insanity: Einstein is widely credited with a definition of insanity which says that it is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results. If the nightmare 1709 windows update does not work on a machine for whatever reason then why does Win 10 Automatic...
  7. Einstein's Definition of Insanity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Einstein's Definition of Insanity: I would like to block just the 1709 update. If you use WUMT Wrapper Script you can just avoid selecting it for download and installation. Download WUMT Wrapper Script - MajorGeeks [img] [img] Also run configurator.cmd if you ever need to manually install an...
  8. going insane with pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    going insane with pc: I recently updated my cpu fan/heatsink from a stock one to a hyper 212x. Since doing this I am get blue screen of death, different error code each time. Most of the time 0x0000000e, or system thread cannot be handled. I cant get windows to load anymore, neither can boot from...
  9. Windows Photo Viewer is insanely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo Viewer is insanely slow: So ever since I got windows 10 the Windows Photo Viewer is insanely slow in opening images. Takes literally like 3-4 seconds til it opens when on Windows7 it used to be instant. Anyone know how to fix this? 21632
  10. Insane Laptop Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Insane Laptop Keyboard: Now I think that one of our kids, messing around with one of our laptops, did it. Several keyboard keys produce two symbols. The back key does not work, so I cannot erase the extra symbols. I ran Malwarebytes (even though I don't think that was the problem) and it found...