Windows 10: Windows PIN prevents software installation

Discus and support Windows PIN prevents software installation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had signed in with my Microsoft account and set up a pin however I didn't like using Windows that way for my desktop computer so I switched back to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JasonThibaudeau, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Windows PIN prevents software installation

I had signed in with my Microsoft account and set up a pin however I didn't like using Windows that way for my desktop computer so I switched back to sign on using a local account and removed the pin. This is working fine for normal sign in but when I try to install new software or update software it asks for the PIN. The pin I had originally set up still works but this was supposed to be removed. This is problematic when my kids are using the computer and need to install a game update as I don't want to share my pin with them over the phone if I am away.

Please help me nuke this pin!!!!!

:)

JasonThibaudeau, Apr 22, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Depth Win User

Windows PIN prevents software installation

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows PIN prevents software installation

1. Windows PIN prevents software installation - Similar Threads - PIN prevents software

2. Windows 11: Require PIN When Installing Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Require PIN When Installing Software: I just installed Windows 11 and I want to require PIN entry when installing software. Currently, I get a prompt that says something along the lines of "..program is making changes to the computer" and can click Allow or Cancel. For extra security, I want to have to click...
  3. Windows 11: Require PIN When Installing Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Require PIN When Installing Software: I just installed Windows 11 and I want to require PIN entry when installing software. Currently, I get a prompt that says something along the lines of "..program is making changes to the computer" and can click Allow or Cancel. For extra security, I want to have to click...
  4. Prevent multiple start of a software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent multiple start of a software: Hello,I would be new here in this forum and have a problem. I would be very happy if you could give me a tip or the solution.In the company we use a program that is coupled to a CAN and an IO interface. With this software we control a machine. Unfortunately it is possible to...
  5. Prevent multiple start of a software

Prevent multiple start of a software: Hello,I would be new here in this forum and have a problem. I would be very happy if you could give me a tip or the solution.In the company we use a program that is coupled to a CAN and an IO interface. With this software we control a machine. Unfortunately it is possible to...
  6. How do I prevent standard users from installing software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent standard users from installing software?: Hello,I'm attempting to set up a computer with two accounts. The first is an administrative account and the second is a standard account. The standard account is a part of my Microsoft family as a "child" account with parental restrictions. Since Microsoft only applies the...
  7. How do I prevent standard users from installing software?

How do I prevent standard users from installing software?: Hello,I'm attempting to set up a computer with two accounts. The first is an administrative account and the second is a standard account. The standard account is a part of my Microsoft family as a "child" account with parental restrictions. Since Microsoft only applies the...
  8. Prevent Windows 10 Pro Users from Installing Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent Windows 10 Pro Users from Installing Software: I have one user on a Win 10 Pro machine who seems to be able to bypass attempts to prevent them from installing games on their PC. They are a standard user with no admin access. When they try to update software such as antivirus, the system demands that they have admin...
  9. Prevent kids from installing any software

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Prevent kids from installing any software: How do you prevent kids from installing any software regardless of it's age rating? I've restricted my son's account to ask permission before purchasing, to restrict apps to below a 6 year old (I've now changed this to 3 year old) but I don't want him installing anything -...
  10. Windows defender prevents legitimate software installation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender prevents legitimate software installation: I'm constantly running into problems installing new versions of Assimilate Scratch because of idiotic windows defender glitches. Sheer idiocy like not being able to run an installer, even in admin mode. This is unacceptable. Completely unacceptable. Fix the piece of garbage...