Windows 10: Windows PIN randomly reset to require 6 digits

Discus and support Windows PIN randomly reset to require 6 digits in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My sign on pin has always been the same on my Windows 10 Pro computer. A couple of days ago, Windows randomly forced me to change it and would not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bryan Mohr, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Windows PIN randomly reset to require 6 digits

My sign on pin has always been the same on my Windows 10 Pro computer. A couple of days ago, Windows randomly forced me to change it and would not accept anything less than 6 digits. I checked the group policies and there is nothing in there that shows that it is required to be 6 digits or more. Also, my computer home computer connected on a microsoft account, and I am the Administrator says that "Some settings are managed by my organization". There is no organization behind my home computer. Trying to change the PIN at all now will not accept ANYTHING new. And when trying to "Cancel" out of

:)

Bryan Mohr, Jan 23, 2022
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 10 asking for minimum 6 digit pin

Set the minimum requirements to 4 digits or not configured. Create a new local account. See if you can assign a 4 digit PIN to the new local account. If you actually try @lx07's advice and remove the PIN from your account (not just try to change it), and create a new PIN and the new account only requires 4 digits, and you account requires 6 digits, then you know it is a problem with your account.

I just tried it on my Windows 10 Pro 17134.228. Changed the minimum PIN requirement to 6 digits. Changed my PIN from one 4 digit PIN to another 4 digit PIN. Then I actually removed the PIN, and when creating a new one, it required 6 digits. Then I changed the PIN requirements to not configured. Tried to change the PIN, it would only take a 6 digit PIN. But, when I removed the PIN from the account and created a new PIN, it allowed 4 digits again.

NavyLCDR, Jan 23, 2022
  3. zpmarcos Win User
    zpmarcos, Jan 23, 2022
  4. Windows PIN randomly reset to require 6 digits

How do I change my lock sceen password to a 6 digit pin on my HP ENVY m6 Notebook?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.
    • Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.
    • Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.
    • Type in the password for your User Account, then click the Ok button.
    • Select and enter a 6 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.
    • Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 6 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.
    • Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.
    • Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.
    • Enter your Windows password, then click the Ok button.
    • Select and enter a new 6 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.
    • Click the Finish button.
    • Exit the PIN setup utility.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 23, 2022
Thema:

Windows PIN randomly reset to require 6 digits

1. Windows PIN randomly reset to require 6 digits - Similar Threads - PIN randomly reset

2. Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin: I logged into my home computer today to find the system saying my organisation requires a more secure password with at least 6 digits. I would like to change it back to the old 4 digit password but it does not allow me in the sign in options page. The work/school accounts I...
  3. Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin: I logged into my home computer today to find the system saying my organisation requires a more secure password with at least 6 digits. I would like to change it back to the old 4 digit password but it does not allow me in the sign in options page. The work/school accounts I...
  4. Windows hello pin requiring a 6 digit pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. windows heelo pin requiring a 6 digit pin

windows heelo pin requiring a 6 digit pin: I logged into my home computer today to find the system saying my organisation requires a more secure password with at least 6 digits. I would like to change it back to the old 4 digit password but it does not allow me in the sign in options page. The work/school accounts I...
  6. windows heelo pin requiring a 6 digit pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows heelo pin requiring a 6 digit pin: I logged into my home computer today to find the system saying my organisation requires a more secure password with at least 6 digits. I would like to change it back to the old 4 digit password but it does not allow me in the sign in options page. The work/school accounts I...
  7. windows heelo pin requiring a 6 digit pin

8. Now unable to use 4 digit pin Hello for sign in. 6 digit password is now required

Now unable to use 4 digit pin Hello for sign in. 6 digit password is now required: Now unable to use 4 digit pin Hello for sign in. 6 digit password is now required https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/now-unable-to-use-4-digit-pin-hello-for-sign-in-6/ba6ebb80-8087-407e-b133-9720b21bcfaf
  9. Windows PIN randomly reset to require 6 digits

Windows PIN randomly reset to require 6 digits: My sign on pin has always been the same on my Windows 10 Pro computer. A couple of days ago, Windows randomly forced me to change it and would not accept anything less than 6 digits. I checked the group policies and there is nothing in there that shows that it is required to...
  10. Windows PIN randomly reset to require 6 digits

Windows PIN randomly reset to require 6 digits: My sign on pin has always been the same on my Windows 10 Pro computer. A couple of days ago, Windows randomly forced me to change it and would not accept anything less than 6 digits. I checked the group policies and there is nothing in there that shows that it is required to...