Windows 10: Windows Pin sign in option

Discus and support Windows Pin sign in option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My sign in options in windows settings when i click on pin says something went wrong try again later but i'm not allowed to add a new pin. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RyanDTRa, Apr 4, 2020.

1. RyanDTRa Win User

Windows Pin sign in option

My sign in options in windows settings when i click on pin says something went wrong try again later but i'm not allowed to add a new pin.

How do I add a new pin when it doesn't let me click add.

:)

RyanDTRa, Apr 4, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Hweiro Win User
    Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu

The 'I forgot my PIN' option allows me to change my PIN, but the PIN change option is still missing in my Sign-In options. Trying the steps in the link provided doesn't cause this option to appear. Is it a bug in my OS?

Hweiro, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Windows Pin sign in option

Windows 10 Won't Give Pin Sign In Option with Pin Set Up

Hi Sam,

Let us try the below workaround to check what is the causing the issue. I suggest you to boot the operating system in Safe mode with Networking and check if you are able to find the PIN as Sign-in option.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the Pin as Sign-in option for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows Pin sign in option

1. Windows Pin sign in option - Similar Threads - Pin sign option

2. Sign-in option with PIN Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in option with PIN Windows Hello: I want to remove sign-in option with PIN. But the "Remove this signing option" button is inactive transparent. How to fix this and remove this option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-with-pin-windows-hello/9a92b2bd-7841-4156-b1fb-7f679e1d5e40
  3. Sign-in option with PIN Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in option with PIN Windows Hello: I want to remove sign-in option with PIN. But the "Remove this signing option" button is inactive transparent. How to fix this and remove this option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-with-pin-windows-hello/9a92b2bd-7841-4156-b1fb-7f679e1d5e40
  4. PIN and sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN and sign in options: I am trying to change my PIN on the new installed windows 11. When I go to sign in options and go to PIN it tells me I cant change or set a new PIN and that its only available to Companies. I already have a PIN and that's how I log in into my account but I cant change it....
  5. PIN and sign in options

PIN and sign in options: I am trying to change my PIN on the new installed windows 11. When I go to sign in options and go to PIN it tells me I cant change or set a new PIN and that its only available to Companies. I already have a PIN and that's how I log in into my account but I cant change it....
  6. Pin sign in options unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin sign in options unavailable: Ever since I accidentally typed my password wrong multiple times, majority of my sign in options pin and fingerprint have become unavailable.Every time I open my laptop and I press "change pin" and sign into my Microsoft account , it just says its unavailable and to try again...
  7. Pin sign in options unavailable

Pin sign in options unavailable: Ever since I accidentally typed my password wrong multiple times, majority of my sign in options pin and fingerprint have become unavailable.Every time I open my laptop and I press "change pin" and sign into my Microsoft account , it just says its unavailable and to try again...
  8. Pin Sign in option not avalible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin Sign in option not avalible: My Pin option to sign in is not coming up. this has been happening since 2019. I need help ASAP!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-option-not-avalible/2705b98f-2c65-4c89-a4cc-5c86e5d56e3f
  9. Sign-in Pin Option

Sign-in Pin Option: I've followed all support articles as to how enable, set up and activate pin, and how to take ownership of the Ngc files and still my dell computer does not show PIN sign-in option the Windows log-on. HELP!!!...
  10. PIN sign in option

PIN sign in option: How to remove PIN sign in option on local account sign in. It is not secure as it cannot be configured to work with a third party 2fa device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-option/63ea7aae-38bf-4cd8-be1b-16f133a69619