Windows 10: windows pin unavailable

Discus and support windows pin unavailable in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; windows pin is not available on my device ....[IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AmarnathArul, Aug 21, 2020.

1. windows pin unavailable

windows pin is not available on my device ....windows pin unavailable [​IMG]

:)

AmarnathArul, Aug 21, 2020
  2. loftus49 Win User

Win10/HP Pavillion - PIN "unavailable"

Using Win10 on an HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop

PIN went away. Now when I go into create a PIN I get "Something went wrong. Try again later". The step prior is: Start.>Settings>Accounts>Sign in Options>Windows Hello PIN and it reads "This options is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I
    followed the steps suggested, but they don't work

Suggestions?.

loftus49, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Windows Hello PIN now unavailable

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are having difficulties in setting the login PIN for your Windows 10 PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps after signing in to the user account using password and then check

1. Sign-in to your Windows 10 Administrator account using password.
    2. Now; open your File Explorer and browse to the location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft
    3. Right click on the NGC folder and select
      Properties from the context menu.
    4. Under the "Security" tab, click on "Advanced" option.
    5. From the following window, next to the Owner section, click on the "change" link.
    6. Under the Enter the object name to select option, input
      Administrators if you are using administrator account, or the local user name.
    7. Click on Check Names and then
      OK
    8. Once you have followed all these steps, you should be able to enter
      NGC folder. Delete all the files from the folder
    9. After removing contents of the NGC folder, add a PIN/Face/Fingerprint by following the path: Click on Start Menu > Settings app > Account Settings> Sign-in Options> Add a PIN/Face/Fingerprint.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 21, 2020
  4. JayPhi Win User

windows pin unavailable

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

windows pin unavailable

1. windows pin unavailable - Similar Threads - pin unavailable

2. PIN Windows Hello is currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Windows Hello is currently unavailable: I've signed in with my PIN. In Settings, I select the Accounts menu. Then I select "Sign-in options", and I see the ways to sign-in. I want to change my PIN, but why does it say "This option is currently unavailable"? Am I not signed-in under the Administrator role? Thanks....
  3. PIN Windows Hello is currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN Windows Hello is currently unavailable: I've signed in with my PIN. In Settings, I select the Accounts menu. Then I select "Sign-in options", and I see the ways to sign-in. I want to change my PIN, but why does it say "This option is currently unavailable"? Am I not signed-in under the Administrator role? Thanks....
  4. Knp pin saya unavailable dan mau set up pin nga bisa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Knp pin saya unavailable dan mau set up pin nga bisa: Tadi malam bisa bisa aja tapi sekarang nga bisa di buka https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/knp-pin-saya-unavailable-dan-mau-set-up-pin-nga/96186d72-e9e3-447f-a089-92c45106f624
  5. Knp pin saya unavailable dan mau set up pin nga bisa

Knp pin saya unavailable dan mau set up pin nga bisa: Tadi malam bisa bisa aja tapi sekarang nga bisa di buka https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/knp-pin-saya-unavailable-dan-mau-set-up-pin-nga/96186d72-e9e3-447f-a089-92c45106f624
  6. Login Issues with PIN and Domain Server Unavailability on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Issues with PIN and Domain Server Unavailability on Windows 11: My notebook is part of an Active Directory domain. To access my account in the office, I always use the PIN. On Sunday, I turned on the notebook at home. I don't remember if I entered the wrong PIN, but at some point, Windows informed me that logging in with the PIN was...
  7. Login Issues with PIN and Domain Server Unavailability on Windows 11

Login Issues with PIN and Domain Server Unavailability on Windows 11: My notebook is part of an Active Directory domain. To access my account in the office, I always use the PIN. On Sunday, I turned on the notebook at home. I don't remember if I entered the wrong PIN, but at some point, Windows informed me that logging in with the PIN was...
  8. pin is unavailable due to security changes. No way around it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pin is unavailable due to security changes. No way around it.: I recently left my bios after restoring to default setting and as I went to log in I got a problem saying. Pin is unavailable which I’ve seen happen to other people. I did all the fixes of tutorials. Such as entering safe mode and all that but still no fix. After some...
  9. pin is unavailable due to security changes. No way around it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pin is unavailable due to security changes. No way around it.: I recently left my bios after restoring to default setting and as I went to log in I got a problem saying. Pin is unavailable which I’ve seen happen to other people. I did all the fixes of tutorials. Such as entering safe mode and all that but still no fix. After some...
  10. pin is unavailable due to security changes. No way around it.