Windows 10: Windows PIN

Discus and support Windows PIN in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Having issues with my son logging into his PC. His PIN is not working. The message says to try a different login option but there is nothing listed.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by emmymac_70, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Windows PIN

Having issues with my son logging into his PC. His PIN is not working. The message says to try a different login option but there is nothing listed. just the PIN. My login on his computer still works but I can’t find any way to either change his pin, disable it, or use his windows password. I read everything I could find - even tried reinstalling windows but the login screen looking for his password is still there. Please let me know what I can do. I tried calling tech support but they have sent me here and there is no live agent option…Thanks

:)

emmymac_70, Sep 23, 2022

2. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Sep 23, 2022
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 23, 2022
  4. JayPhi Win User

Windows PIN

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Windows PIN

1. Windows PIN - Similar Threads - PIN

2. "Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?: I just switched to Windows 11 PC from Windows 10. I have a number of frequently used apps "pinned" to the task bar, but no matter how I adjust the settings, they will not stay in a fixed position. They slide down the task bar depending on the order and type of the files I've...
  3. "Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Pinned" icons on the task bar keep moving around, where are my tools?: I just switched to Windows 11 PC from Windows 10. I have a number of frequently used apps "pinned" to the task bar, but no matter how I adjust the settings, they will not stay in a fixed position. They slide down the task bar depending on the order and type of the files I've...
  4. I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN: IHave a new lap top and cannot get past the create a pin on microsoft log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-and-cant-get-past-the-create-a/1aaef651-9022-4d93-984b-7ce8b8648df9
  5. I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN

I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN: IHave a new lap top and cannot get past the create a pin on microsoft log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-and-cant-get-past-the-create-a/1aaef651-9022-4d93-984b-7ce8b8648df9
  6. Enable One Click/No PIN or Password Sign In?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable One Click/No PIN or Password Sign In?: Hello, my question is simple, but the solution is likely complicated.I’m wondering if there is a way to enable signing into Windows 11 via a single mouseclick, rather than using a PIN or Password. To clarify, when I’m done with my pc I usually sign out and let it sit on the...
  7. Enable One Click/No PIN or Password Sign In?

Enable One Click/No PIN or Password Sign In?: Hello, my question is simple, but the solution is likely complicated.I’m wondering if there is a way to enable signing into Windows 11 via a single mouseclick, rather than using a PIN or Password. To clarify, when I’m done with my pc I usually sign out and let it sit on the...
  8. Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.: Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login. The HP Envy will not factory reset, probably because of the TMP. Diskpart does not see the drive. I'm trying to get her new Windows 11 computer going without changing the hard drive. Maybe someone has...
  9. Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.

Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.: Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login. The HP Envy will not factory reset, probably because of the TMP. Diskpart does not see the drive. I'm trying to get her new Windows 11 computer going without changing the hard drive. Maybe someone has...
  10. It is asking for Administrative PIN

It is asking for Administrative PIN: I went into the Find Location button and I turn on the location button and thinking that the locked button in this button was to lock my location, not lock me out of my computer. It is asking for the administrative pin which I am the administrator, because it is my personal...