Windows 10: Windows Playback too bright

Discus and support Windows Playback too bright in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having issues with video playback. The videos I play on my computer are too bright and there is no way for me to change it as my monitors aren't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shilott, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Shilott Win User

Windows Playback too bright

I'm having issues with video playback. The videos I play on my computer are too bright and there is no way for me to change it as my monitors aren't HDR compatible. Is there a workaround for this?

Windows Playback too bright 91260722-5de6-47d5-85f2-d3b83f8eee8f?upload=true.png

:)

Shilott, Dec 8, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Dec 8, 2019
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Dec 8, 2019
  4. sammy Win User

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Playback too bright - Similar Threads - Playback too bright

2. Media Player, Photos, Photos Legacy video playback in Windows 11 are blown out - too bright...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player, Photos, Photos Legacy video playback in Windows 11 are blown out - too bright...: Media Player, Photos, and Photos Legacy video playback in Windows 11 are blown out - too bright or light, very oversaturated. However, the old Classic Media Player displays just fine. I'm using dual monitors with a GeForce 1660, and I've set the monitors to reference mode and...
  3. Media Player, Photos, Photos Legacy video playback in Windows 11 are blown out - too bright...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player, Photos, Photos Legacy video playback in Windows 11 are blown out - too bright...: Media Player, Photos, and Photos Legacy video playback in Windows 11 are blown out - too bright or light, very oversaturated. However, the old Classic Media Player displays just fine. I'm using dual monitors with a GeForce 1660, and I've set the monitors to reference mode and...
  4. Display is too bright

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display is too bright: I went on device manager on my windows 11 device and I updated my screen. Every thing turned black. When it came back, it was very bright. I have to wear sunglasses to use my computer...
  5. Display is too bright

Display is too bright: I went on device manager on my windows 11 device and I updated my screen. Every thing turned black. When it came back, it was very bright. I have to wear sunglasses to use my computer...
  6. Windows 11 video playback too light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 video playback too light: All video playbacks like Team's video stream, Youtube videos are so light that one cannot see the video properly. The light/brightness is normal for anything that is not videos. I have 3 monitors and it is on all of them like that....
  7. Windows 11 video playback too light

Windows 11 video playback too light: All video playbacks like Team's video stream, Youtube videos are so light that one cannot see the video properly. The light/brightness is normal for anything that is not videos. I have 3 monitors and it is on all of them like that....
  8. HDR too bright

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDR too bright: I always try to turn HDR on but my eyes always get tired quickly and I also get a headache. is there a way to prevent these side effects ? 134355
  9. HDR too bright

in Windows 10 Support
    HDR too bright: I always try to turn HDR on but my eyes always get tired quickly and I also get a headache. is there a way to prevent these side effects ? 134355
  10. Scree color is too bright and too colorful

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scree color is too bright and too colorful: Split from this thread. SCREEN COLOR IS NO GOOD. TOO BRIGHT AND COLORFUL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scree-color-is-too-bright-and-too-colorful/cad05f58-9288-4db9-9a44-6dc371ee2506

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen too bright playing video windows 10