Windows 10: Windows Player - Can't play videos because there's a problem with your video card

Discus and support Windows Player - Can't play videos because there's a problem with your video card in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; What is happening with the video player all of a sudden....? Is this one of those Windows updates that breaks your computer... The videos are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by powerhousepr, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Windows Player - Can't play videos because there's a problem with your video card

What is happening with the video player all of a sudden....?

Is this one of those Windows updates that breaks your computer...

The videos are not playing well, sometimes they run, then they start to crack the image or freeze all together. It says there is a problem with your card.

then sometimes it gives other random errors like: 0x80070006

I have played games with 0 issues.

Firefox was giving the same issue and i had to de-activate hardware acceleration from Firefox to fix it.

All the drivers are up to date and i have 0 issues with anything else

What is going on???

:)

powerhousepr, Aug 15, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Windows Media Player on Windows 10 - Cannot play video because there is a problem with your video card after pausing and resuming

Hi Smith,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing videos from Windows Media Player. We will help you with this issue.

Let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Is this issue confined to any specific video?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • How exactly have you tried to re-install the video card drivers?
    • Were you able to access any other videos normally on your computer?

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter, if not yet deployed.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Also refer to the Microsoft article to know more about: Windows
    Media Player

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Windows Player - Can't play videos because there's a problem with your video card

Videos are green?

I found this official describtion from Microsoft Support about this problem.

A short summary about the possible solutions:

• Make sure that you are using the latest drivers for the video card that are provided directly from the video card manufacturer or from the system manufacturer. If you update the drivers, make sure that the Color Quality setting in the Display Properties dialog box was not reset.
    • Verify that you have any other software updates for the video card. Also, verify that you have the latest updates for Microsoft DirectX. For other software updates for the video card, and also for DirectX updates, visit the following Microsoft Web site.
    • Turn down video acceleration. To do this in Microsoft Windows Media Player 9 Series or in later versions of Microsoft Windows Media Player, follow these steps:

• Change the advanced video acceleration settings. To do this in Windows Media Player 9 Series or in later versions of Windows Media Player, follow these steps:

• Lower the screen resolution. To do this, follow these steps:

Stackcraft_noob, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows Player - Can't play videos because there's a problem with your video card

1. Windows Player - Can't play videos because there's a problem with your video card - Similar Threads - Player Can't play

2. Video player won't load/play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video player won't load/play: +At one time, my Windows Media Player worked fine. Now, when I try to watch a video I received on e-mail, I get the error message "Windows Media Player didn't start". Seems I can manually open it, but it doesn't link to other programs? Microsoft has so many pages of downloads...
  3. Can't play videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't play videos: Split from this thread. I have a video that I cannot play on my computer. Everytime I try to open it, an error message pops up. Ive tried playing it in windows media player and other players as well, but no luck. What do I do?...
  4. Problem playing older videos on Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem playing older videos on Windows Media Player: Hello I have a large number of videos from years past stored on a portable hard drive, which always used to play on Windows Media Player on my computer with no problem. However, now when I plug this portable hard drive into my computer and try to play these videos, Windows...
  5. video card problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video card problem: Good morning everyone. My computer running Windows 10 does not recognize the NVIDIA Geforce MX110 high-performance video card built into the PC HP model 15-dw0123ml , the operating system in fact recognizes only the processor video card Intel UHD graphics 620 L to my question...
  6. video Playing problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video Playing problem: when i play any Video of any format the Player Keeps pausing and start playing again and it happens again and again it barely play video for a minute and keeps on pausing and playing and that same problem i have face on you tube...
  7. Problem playing video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem playing video: Today I started experiencing troubles when I try to play any video with another player than Windows Default, it just freezes for exactly 15 seconds and then plays normally, I uninstalled the players and tried MPC HC, BC, and VLC several times and same thing happens in all of...
  8. Problem with Playing Video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Playing Video: Hi there.. I've installed the latest version of Windows 10 as I tried to play a video file but there's no video player!! Ok I downloaded Movies & TV App and tried again but! it says the following : [ATTACH] I am wondering why?? it's just a video player, is that a hard...
  9. Video play problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video play problem: To begin, I am not very tech literate so bear with me. For the past 2 weeks, each video posted to Facebook has suddenly changed resolution. The ALL seem to be OVER ENLARGED which makes them impossible to view. I have tried changing the resolution to no avail. Have also...
  10. can't play videos

in Windows 10 Support
    can't play videos: when I play video files on my new Windows 10 system I can only hear the audio but can't see the video 15903