Windows 10: Windows Player will not add music to my hard drive. No rip mode

Discus and support Windows Player will not add music to my hard drive. No rip mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot get windows to add cd music to my hard drive. There is no option to rip and when it does show it is dimmed. This is a cd that I burned with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GeorgeFelton, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Windows Player will not add music to my hard drive. No rip mode

I cannot get windows to add cd music to my hard drive. There is no option to rip and when it does show it is dimmed. This is a cd that I burned with songs from my group. I have been trying everything and it will not work. I can play the cd but it will not rip.Very frustrated. Is there another good player that will work?

:)

GeorgeFelton, Dec 8, 2019

2. something Wrong with window media player, it does not ripping no music

Hi Joseph,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to the Windows Media Playback?
    • What exactly happens when you try to rip music?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter, if not yet deployed.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of ripping the DVD for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Media Player Not Ripping Music CDs to MP3

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: You might be able to complete the rip by turning on error correction.

> In Windows Media Player ->Click on Tools -> Options -> Devices, click the CD burner, choose> Advanced, and set the error correction to On.

Method 2: There are two ways to change rip settings while in the Player Library. You can insert a CD into your CD drive and click Rip settings, or you can click the Rip Music tab in the Options dialog box.

The Rip Music tab in the Options dialog box offers additional options that aren't available on the Rip settings menu.

To rip music from a CD, do the following:

• For best results, make sure that you are connected to the Internet before you begin.

When your computer is connected to the Internet, the Player attempts to retrieve media information about the tracks being ripped from an online database. The Player then adds the information to the files during ripping.

Note: you can rip a CD when your computer isn't connected to the Internet. However, the Player won't be able to identify the name of the CD, the artist who created it, or the names of the songs until you go online.
    • Insert an audio CD into the CD drive.
    • (Optional) If you want to select a different format (for example, MP3 instead of WMA) or bit rate (for example, 192 Kbps instead of 128 Kbps) for the files created during ripping, in the Player Library, click the Rip settings menu, and then click Format
      or Audio Quality.
    • (Optional) If you don't want to rip every song, in the Player Library, clear the check boxes next to the songs you don't want to rip.
    • Click the Rip CD button in Now Playing mode or Rip CD in the Player Library to begin ripping.
    Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Windows Player will not add music to my hard drive. No rip mode

MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows Player will not add music to my hard drive. No rip mode

1. Windows Player will not add music to my hard drive. No rip mode - Similar Threads - Player add music

2. how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??: I have win 10, updated today [oct. 23, 2022].I have a number of songs saved on an external heard drive [actually serval hard drives].For some reason, these songs have NOT sync/installed into my library in media player.I have media player set to rip automatically [from CDs]...
  3. how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??: I have win 10, updated today [oct. 23, 2022].I have a number of songs saved on an external heard drive [actually serval hard drives].For some reason, these songs have NOT sync/installed into my library in media player.I have media player set to rip automatically [from CDs]...
  4. how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ripping Music CD's

Ripping Music CD's: When ripping a disk of music on Media Player, where does it save the music to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-music-cds/bcf9bdf4-8b9e-4346-8509-e8c6ebea7df3
  6. RIP music

RIP music: I have Windows 10 and Windows Media Player, version 12.0 I can no longer find how to RIP CD's to my music library. I have read all of the suggestions from Microsoft support; all settings are current but two things happen when inserting a CD to be RIPPED - (1) It does not...
  7. windows 10 media player won't rip Cds to hard drive

windows 10 media player won't rip Cds to hard drive: windows media player won't rip Cds /dvds to hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-media-player-wont-rip-cds-to-hard-drive/cf934c9c-a8ed-4b54-9dcf-ac2ef8c07032"
  8. rip music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    rip music: when ripping cd to media player album title details do not show https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rip-music/8353ed90-387f-497c-a57b-37af1d4a0615
  9. Ripping my music

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ripping my music: Ripping my music from a CD the info displayed is some other artist What is causing this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-my-music/8df7274e-8d04-42ed-8f48-ebba215fb3f6
  10. Download/Rip music to my MP3 player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Download/Rip music to my MP3 player: How do you rip/download music from Windows Media Player to my MP3 device. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I found the 'rip' setting or whatever you'd like to call it, and dragged an album over, but nothing happens. Just a reminder, you're dealing with a fossil. Any...