Windows 10: Windows plays 'default beep' sound on login and every time I start Firefox

Discus and support Windows plays 'default beep' sound on login and every time I start Firefox in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I log into windows, I get 2 default beep sounds and every time I start Firefox I get one too. It doesn't play when opening Chromium or Edge.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/4SCOOPSCMON, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Windows plays 'default beep' sound on login and every time I start Firefox

Every time I log into windows, I get 2 default beep sounds and every time I start Firefox I get one too. It doesn't play when opening Chromium or Edge. It also plays when starting Firefox with addons disabled.

If I start windows in safe mode, I don't get the sounds anymore.

(I also had to disable 'turn on focus assist on fullscreen app' because somehow windows automatically turned on focus assist on login because of it.)

submitted by /u/4SCOOPSCMON
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/4SCOOPSCMON, Dec 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 background sound (default beep) and email notification sounds not playing.

Hi,

I realize that Windows 10 background sound (default beep) and email notification sounds not playing. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC after which you are facing this issue?

• Does this issue occur in a different user account?

• What is the end report of the SFC scan?

You may login to another user account to test if the issue reoccurs.

You may create a new user account and check if the issue occurs in the new user account.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “User Accounts” and click on “Manage another Account”.

• Click on “Add a new user in PC Settings”. Follow the on screen directions to complete the process.

Once this is done, login to the new user account and check if the issue occurs in the new user account.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the PC to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Stu Yang Win User
    Windows 10 keep playing the default beep at the background

Hi there,

Recently, my laptop starts playing the default beep for no reason normally around 5-15 min per beep (no notifications). Their is also no sound for my email. I tried to run the sound troubleshot for many times but no problem was found. The sound will
    still play while I playing games and watch videos. I also try to set my laptop to quite hours yet the sound still plays. ( The sound played 1 time while I write this post)

My laptop is Alienware r15 with the newest windows update.

Thanks,

Stu Yang, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Doge Meme Win User

Windows plays 'default beep' sound on login and every time I start Firefox

Windows 10 background sound (default beep) and email notification sounds not playing.

Hello there, I have an issue in which the Windows 10 background sound (the default beep sound) does not play when I 'activate' it, for example, when I attempt to lower or raise my volume, you normally are supposed to hear that sound, but I do not hear
    it; I have also noticed that the e-mail notification sound that originates from the Mail app does not play, either (the E-Mail shows up, but the notification sound for it never plays). I have tried /sfc scannow, it did not work, I have tried resetting the
    sound scheme to default, it still does not work, and I have tried to download the Windows 10 sounds from the internet and replacing it with those .wav sounds, it still does not work. Could somebody please help me with those problem? Just to clarify, my speakers
    are not broken or anything, as I can hear all other Windows UI sounds and application sounds just fine, it is just those two sounds that will not be played whenever an action that triggers them occurs. Interestingly, the sounds could still be heard if they
    are played in the sounds scheme settings, or if the default beep is played in the volume mixer (not the normal volume bar). Thank you for reading, please help me!

Doge Meme, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows plays 'default beep' sound on login and every time I start Firefox

1. Windows plays 'default beep' sound on login and every time I start Firefox - Similar Threads - plays 'default beep'

2. "Default Beep" sound played every time I type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Default Beep" sound played every time I type: Hi, when I run specific programs such as roblox, I get played the "Default Beep" sound when i try to type, and it refuses to let me enter any numbers/letters/symbols. It doesnt give me any hints as to what is going on, no error message, nothing. I have gone into settings, and...
  3. "Default Beep" sound played every time I type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Default Beep" sound played every time I type: Hi, when I run specific programs such as roblox, I get played the "Default Beep" sound when i try to type, and it refuses to let me enter any numbers/letters/symbols. It doesnt give me any hints as to what is going on, no error message, nothing. I have gone into settings, and...
  4. "Default Beep" sound played every time I type

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keyboard keeps beeping every time I hit a key

Keyboard keeps beeping every time I hit a key: This problem only started yesterday, which confused me. I haven’t changed any settings in the past day or two, so I was confused where the problem came from. Whenever I would hit a key, a beeping sound would play. I tried turning Filter Keys, Sticky Keys, and pretty much...
  6. Windows 11 "default beep" sound isn't playing when I change the volume

Windows 11 "default beep" sound isn't playing when I change the volume: All the sounds on my laptop play fine, except the "default beep" sound that's supposed to play when I change the volume here:It worked alright, however, when I had that sound set to either the default Windows Notify System Generic or the dark mode version of that sound. After...
  7. Audio Fades In Every Time I Play A Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Fades In Every Time I Play A Sound: Whenever I play a video or audio file on my computer, the audio fades in about a second after I hit play. This started happening after I updated my PC a couple of days ago. Can't find the fix. I've tried many things. Anyone else having the same iddue? submitted by...
  8. Pc make beep sound when playing

Pc make beep sound when playing: Just build my first PC and was working fine till about a week ago when a long continuous beeping sound started when I would play COD. Kinda of lost as to what it could be. Does not happen all the time and sometimes it is short beeps. Had 32 gb memory and took out 16 gb and...
  9. PC Beeps 5 Times, Will Not Start

PC Beeps 5 Times, Will Not Start: My Windows 10 HP Desktop will not start. It beeps 5 times and then the cooling fan runs at very high speed, my monitors remain blank. I cannot manually shut down the PC by depreesing and holding the power button, I must pull the power cord. Any clue as to what is happening...
  10. Windows freezes every time I play a video / sound window is messed up

Windows freezes every time I play a video / sound window is messed up: Hi, since yesterday evening I started having stutters every time I open up a video on youtube, a stream on twitch or even a video with VLC on my pc. While looking around for similar problems I found a suggestion to change the frequency of my output audio device and while...