Windows 10: windows pop up now tells me that windows does not recognise my compact flash USB device?

Discus and support windows pop up now tells me that windows does not recognise my compact flash USB device? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been using a compact flash USB device for several years to store copies of important files. These stored files no longer appear when I open file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by charleshawkins1, Jan 5, 2021.

1. windows pop up now tells me that windows does not recognise my compact flash USB device?

I have been using a compact flash USB device for several years to store copies of important files. These stored files no longer appear when I open file explorer and a pop up states "windows does not recognise this device". Help please

:)

charleshawkins1, Jan 5, 2021
  2. KenW86 Win User

Windows 10 not recognising camera compact flash media

Hi Thanks for your prompt response.

In answer to your questions:-

1. Yes I am plugging my camera containing the Compact Flash media into my Pc by means of a usb cable. As I have always done whilst using Windows 7

2. Yes I have tried using other usb ports, and another PC running Windows 10.

Both PCs recognise my camera, a Fuji Finepix S5 Pro. They also tell me that the used Compact Flash media data size is 3.4 gb. but when I attempt to open the file it states that the file is empty.

I then took the camera and plugged via usb into another Pc running Windows 7, no problems encountered, it, the media was read and I downloaded my files onto a portable hdd. to transfer to my preferred machine, not a good use of my time.

I've had no problems until I 'upgraded to Windows 10. There must be others in this situation.

All my drivers are current, and changing usb ports, and rebooting is futile.

KenW86, Jan 5, 2021
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 5, 2021
  4. windows pop up now tells me that windows does not recognise my compact flash USB device?

Annoying pop up: "USB device not recognised"

- - -

Which version of Windows?

Don

Don Varnau, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

windows pop up now tells me that windows does not recognise my compact flash USB device?

1. windows pop up now tells me that windows does not recognise my compact flash USB device? - Similar Threads - pop tells does

2. "USB device not recognised" keeps popping up regargless of if a usb is plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "USB device not recognised" keeps popping up regargless of if a usb is plugged in: I repeated get a popup saying device not recognised error code 43 when I go into device manager regardless of if devices are plugged in. A bit later it makes a disconnect sound, and the device disappears from device manager. All devices I do plug in work fine. This started...
  3. "USB device not recognised" keeps popping up regargless of if a usb is plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "USB device not recognised" keeps popping up regargless of if a usb is plugged in: I repeated get a popup saying device not recognised error code 43 when I go into device manager regardless of if devices are plugged in. A bit later it makes a disconnect sound, and the device disappears from device manager. All devices I do plug in work fine. This started...
  4. "USB device not recognised" keeps popping up regargless of if a usb is plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB device not recognised keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognised keeps popping up: My PC keeps spamming the message "USB device not recognised" every couple seconds despite me having no devices plugged into my PC. I've tried reinstalling my drivers and uninstalling the troublesome driver but it just reappears a few seconds later.Here's what event viewer...
  6. USB device not recognised keeps popping up

USB device not recognised keeps popping up: My PC keeps spamming the message "USB device not recognised" every couple seconds despite me having no devices plugged into my PC. I've tried reinstalling my drivers and uninstalling the troublesome driver but it just reappears a few seconds later.Here's what event viewer...
  7. USB device not recognised keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. "USB device not recognised" keeps popping up despite device working

"USB device not recognised" keeps popping up despite device working: I recently bought a USB C to Ethernet adaptor so I could connect my laptop to the Ethernet. I plugged it into the laptop and was instantly connected; no problems at all. Despite this, Windows is giving me near-constant popups to tell me that the device is not recognised. Is...
  9. Window does not recognise my USB

Window does not recognise my USB: Hello, My USB flash drive is not working when I plug it in. It appears that Windows recognized the device because it makes a sound when I plug it in. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory....
  10. "USB device not recognised" notification keeps repeatedly flashing up

"USB device not recognised" notification keeps repeatedly flashing up: I've tried going into device manager and disabling and uninstalling to no avail. How do I get rid of this as it's repeatedly coming up and is driving me nuts *Mad Device mgr when open refreshes on each notification and show the offending unknown device. Incidentally I have...