Windows 10: Windows Popup Notification Issues/Bugs

Discus and support Windows Popup Notification Issues/Bugs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an incredibly hard time trying to search through Google and posts and media to find what I'm looking for, so I'm making a post here. For a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MerlenR, Nov 9, 2019.

1. MerlenR Win User

Windows Popup Notification Issues/Bugs

I have an incredibly hard time trying to search through Google and posts and media to find what I'm looking for, so I'm making a post here.

For a pretty long time, I've had a massive annoyance with Windows' notification popups that show up in the corner. I want to be able to use them but it's extremely irritating trying to deal with it.

My first problem is that, for some reason, the popups it creates block so much more over my current game/browser than the size of the popup itself. In the included image I outlined in red of how much space the popup takes compared to it's actual size. This gets incredibly annoying when I'm busy doing things on a game or working on something when I don't mean to click on the popup or it gets in the way of my mouse. Is this a bug? Is it like this for most systems? Is there a way to stop this from happening?

My second problem is that when one popup shows up, it gives me a second notification before or after the actual notification I just received, of a completely random, other notification that I've had recently so I would have to keep on closing popups until it stops, but it's usually only two. This combined with the massive hitbox of the popups gets incredibly annoying when I'm busy with things. Is this a bug? How would I fix this?

Is there a way to make popup notifications last less than 5 seconds? It is very quick to scan over a popup and it is usually message notifications that I receive, so it would be so nice to have the popups last much less time and don't require me to shoo them off myself.

:)

MerlenR, Nov 9, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Popup notifications in Windows 10

Hello Chris,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

Now, to be able to understand the issue better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Are you referring to popups in desktop or in any browser?
    • Does this issue occur when you are connected to internet or if it is a random notification?
    • Does the popup displays itself as a notification dialog or as a system notifications in the action center?

Pleased follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Try to place the computer in a Clean Boot state and check if there are any third party application/software to be causing the issue.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Method 2

Remove any unnecessary add-ons in your internet browser.

If you are referring to Internet Explorer, refer to the below link

Manage Add-ons in Internet Explorer

Method 3

Uninstall any unnecessary apps or programs which might trigger such notifications. To do so, follow the below steps.

1. Open the Start menu and click on Settings.

2. Click System on the Settings menu and select Apps & features from the left pane.

3. A list of all installed apps appears in the right pane. Select the apps which seems unnecessary and click on uninstall.

Write to us with the updated status of the issue and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Windows Popup Notification Issues/Bugs

Windows 10 popup notification is obtrusive - resize?

Hello,

I realize that the notifications popups are larger in texts in Windows. We will help you.

• Are you facing this issue specific to the notification popups?
    • Are you facing this issue in any other user accounts also?
    This issue might have caused due to some third party applications recently installed and there might be some system files conflicting to cause this issue.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Perform a clean boot and check if it helps.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot
    or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

To disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called Clean Boot.

Follow: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Method 2: I also suggest you to perform a
    SFC scan (System file checker) scan.

How to use the System File Checker tool:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Keep us posted if the larger text issue in notification popups is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows Popup Notification Issues/Bugs

1. Windows Popup Notification Issues/Bugs - Similar Threads - Popup Notification Issues

2. Capslock popup notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Capslock popup notification: HiI am using an ASUS ZenBook 15. Whenever I press the caps lock key, a popup is displayed on my screen showing that caps lock is on/off. I have tried to stop this by changing settings for toggles keys etc, however, got nowhere. Anyone can help me on this?Thanks...
  3. Capslock popup notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Capslock popup notification: HiI am using an ASUS ZenBook 15. Whenever I press the caps lock key, a popup is displayed on my screen showing that caps lock is on/off. I have tried to stop this by changing settings for toggles keys etc, however, got nowhere. Anyone can help me on this?Thanks...
  4. Windows 11 notifications bug

Windows 11 notifications bug: Hey,I have been noticing lately, that my notification center is bugged.I receive notifications from all apps that I have installed, except for Discord.There, the notification pops up and as soon as it slides to the right, the notification area buggs, the little "1" icon...
  5. Move Popup Notifications

Move Popup Notifications: I have a dual monitor setup on my desktop. Is there a way to move the popup notifications from my main monitor to my secondary monitor? It gets annoying when they popup while I'm working on something. 168793
  6. KB4073543 popup project notification issue

in Cortana
    KB4073543 popup project notification issue: Now I am using windows 10 Education KB4073543 update. since last week I installed DOCKER on my machine then now when I search something on cortana or browse something on browser , sometimes occur project notification and stuck my keyboard and can"t type any...
  7. Popup notification location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Popup notification location?: How do I stop Teams chat, Teams calls, Mail, Outlook and goodness knows what else all vying for the same two square inches at the bottom right of the screen? submitted by /u/GenericDisturbance [link] [comments]...
  8. windows notif popups on wrong monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows notif popups on wrong monitor: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kevs926 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/geimng/windows_notif_popups_on_wrong_monitor/
  9. Notifications and Popups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications and Popups: How can I stop Notifications and Popups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-and-popups/b116d508-32ca-46e3-b520-8d4ecde097bb
  10. windows popup notification

windows popup notification: After installing windows 10 pro version, I am getting nonstop popup notification saying "an app default was reset". I can't get what's going wrong. How to solve this issue? I am using third party music software KM Player. Please help asap. Thank You. I am attaching screenshot...