Windows 10: Windows power button activates after 10 minutes help!!

Discus and support Windows power button activates after 10 minutes help!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently, my windows power button doesnt work properly. I didnt do anything of note, such as installing new programs. Now, when I click shutdown,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nbalmbot, May 29, 2020.

1. Windows power button activates after 10 minutes help!!

Recently, my windows power button doesnt work properly. I didnt do anything of note, such as installing new programs. Now, when I click shutdown, sleep, or restart, the click registers but does absolutely nothing for several minutes. I can continue using the pc as I could normally, as if I didnt press it in the first place. After about 5-10 minutes, the pc randomly goes the thr shutting down screen, and turns off. How can I fix this?

submitted by /u/nbalmbot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nbalmbot, May 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 shutdown power still light and fan still working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the laptop will not shutdown completely. We will help you.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Remove all the externally connected devices and cables including the battery.
    • Hold the power button for about a minute and release the power button.
    • Connect only the power cable and power on the PC.
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 power buttons not working.

Hi Gerry,

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps given below:

You can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering
    sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Power.
    • Click on Advanced on the
      Power
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.
    Step 2:

Try to restore the default power plan settings and check to isolate the issue.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • Click on Change plan settings beside your current plan.
    • Click on Restore default setting for this plan and click on
      OK if prompted.
    Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, May 29, 2020
  4. OOOO Win User

Windows power button activates after 10 minutes help!!

How to disable "5 seconds power button shut off" on a laptop?

I does not suggest you to do this, if you insist on this, try the following steps.

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Find and click System and Security
    3. Find and click Power Options
    4. On the left hand, you will see Choose what the power button does and click it
    5. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable to be able to change the settings
    6. In When I press the power button, you can choose Do nothing

Windows power button activates after 10 minutes help!! SQHnd.png

Hope this can help you.

Thema:

Windows power button activates after 10 minutes help!!

1. Windows power button activates after 10 minutes help!! - Similar Threads - power button activates

2. Windows 10 power button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 power button not working: The physical power button just does nothing when pressed. There's no hardware fault. The button turns the laptop on just fine, but when I press it when the computer is running it just does nothing no matter what I set it to do in the power settings. I've tried resetting the...
  3. Windows 10 power button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 power button not working: The physical power button just does nothing when pressed. There's no hardware fault. The button turns the laptop on just fine, but when I press it when the computer is running it just does nothing no matter what I set it to do in the power settings. I've tried resetting the...
  4. Windows 10 power button not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Windows Button not working after few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Button not working after few minutes: Hi Friends,I have an issue with my keyboard internal or external keyboardMy Start Menu is working well, nothing wrong about that.Expected behavior:When push Windows Button on keyboard, the start menu button appear, or use a shortkey for exampleWin + L for Lock screen or Win +...
  6. Windows Button not working after few minutes

Windows Button not working after few minutes: Hi Friends,I have an issue with my keyboard internal or external keyboardMy Start Menu is working well, nothing wrong about that.Expected behavior:When push Windows Button on keyboard, the start menu button appear, or use a shortkey for exampleWin + L for Lock screen or Win +...
  7. BSDO after press power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSDO after press power button: Sometimes, after pressing power button, system didn't boot up.After several minutes. BSOD occurs.memory dump can be found below.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1u5sNprlZnU2u9tgAi9IrYleR-0v0eTJl?usp=sharingCan someone help to check what cause this BSOD ?Thanks....
  8. BSDO after press power button

BSDO after press power button: Sometimes, after pressing power button, system didn't boot up.After several minutes. BSOD occurs.memory dump can be found below.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1u5sNprlZnU2u9tgAi9IrYleR-0v0eTJl?usp=sharingCan someone help to check what cause this BSOD ?Thanks....
  9. Laggy start button after 5-10 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laggy start button after 5-10 minutes: Hi, I don't know what happens, but when I click on the start button after 5-10 mins of doing nothing (or doing something else, like writing in a doc, or watching a video) it lags as hell and takes like 5-6 seconds or more to load. I also hear a "turning on" noise inside my...
  10. Beeping about a minute when power button pushed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Beeping about a minute when power button pushed: After about a minute boots up and runs as normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/beeping-about-a-minute-when-power-button-pushed/3875f80d-4310-44a2-8960-e8b8c3ac8f6d