Windows 10: Windows Power Button and Explorer Missing From Taskbar

Discus and support Windows Power Button and Explorer Missing From Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Seems every time I'm forced to do an update, that I never asked for, something breaks. Todays problem dejour I'm trying to keep a civil tongue my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CMoher3, Jul 18, 2021.

1. CMoher3 Win User

Windows Power Button and Explorer Missing From Taskbar

Seems every time I'm forced to do an update, that I never asked for, something breaks. Todays problem dejour I'm trying to keep a civil tongue my taskbar is a mess. My power button that I use to shut down or reset my computer has vanished from my taskbar. A few weeks ago, my File Explorer icon went missing and I never did find it. The only way I am able to locate my power button is to pin it to my Start menu. The only way to find explorer is to type it in under Start. Really getting on my nerves. A lot of this **** started at the time I got a nonconsensual update on my Hotmail/Outlook mail p

:)

CMoher3, Jul 18, 2021

2. Power Icon Missing: System Icon Greyed out - Windows 10 I recently updated my computer, power Icon is missing, I can't turn it back on because it is greyed out?

Power Icon Missing: System Icon Greyed out - Windows 10

I recently updated my computer, now my power Icon is missing and I can't turn it back on because it is grey'ed out.

Last Answer Avail on Community Forum from 2017 did not restore the option to turn it back on;

Hi Katrina,

The system icon may have encountered a corruption that caused this issue. For us to help you with this concern, we suggest that you try to restart the Windows Explorer process to refresh the taskbar icons. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Task Manager.
    2. On the Processes tab, look for the Windows Explorer process and select it.
    User Reply; Process Tab does not Inc an option to Select Windows Explorer

1. Click the Restart button at the bottom right corner of the Task Manager window.
    User Reply; Therefore no way to select a Restart at the bottom Right

1. After the Windows Explorer process has been restarted, check the notification area on the taskbar and see if the battery icon is visible.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

DavidOsinga, Jul 18, 2021
  3. Missing Power Icon on Taskbar

Hi Jayesh,

This problem may occur if the Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) on your computer is enabled. To address this problem, please look into the troubleshooting steps provided on the link,

Power icon is missing in taskbar
    . Follow the suggested resolution and let us know if it has addressed the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar icons missing/ not responding!

Hello Pasindu,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this taskbar issue. For us to assist you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check, type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, we suggest that restart the Windows Explorer.exe to refresh your taskbar functionality by following the steps below:

• Open Task Manager
      by right clicking the taskbar.
    • Click More details at the bottom to expand the Task Manager window.
    • Under the Processes tab, look for Windows Explorer.
    • After selecting the Windows Explorer, click the Restart
      button at the bottom.
    • It may take a few seconds and things like your taskbar and Start menu may disappear momentarily, but when it restarts, things should behave better and you can exit Task Manager.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Power Button and Explorer Missing From Taskbar - Similar Threads - Power Button Explorer

2. Battery Power Icon missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Power Icon missing from taskbar: The battery icon has disappeared from my Surface 7 Pro taskbar. Running Windows 10 v. 22H2. None of the documentation found online contained a solution. Either the suggestions did not work or else the instructions did not match what I saw on my PC....
  3. Battery Power Icon missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Power Icon missing from taskbar: The battery icon has disappeared from my Surface 7 Pro taskbar. Running Windows 10 v. 22H2. None of the documentation found online contained a solution. Either the suggestions did not work or else the instructions did not match what I saw on my PC....
  4. Battery Power Icon missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. URGENT: Power icon missing from taskbar

URGENT: Power icon missing from taskbar: URGENT: Power icon missing from taskbar, cannot enable as it is greyed out in the settings as well. I restarted windows explorer process as well, it still didn't work. I have also tried disabling and enabling the driver by going to device manager. It still didn't work. What...
  6. Power icon missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power icon missing from taskbar: After the recent windows update. Power icon went missing from the taskbar. Settings are turned on for icons to display. There's also a lag in opening new application after the update. Performance went too slow after the update. I really wanted to uninstall the new update....
  7. Power button missing from Login screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power button missing from Login screen: I looked this up on other websites before coming to this conclusion. When I go in my computer, I open up run, open registry edit, and go through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System. Once I'm there I'm supposed to look for...
  8. Power Icon missing from the Taskbar display

Power Icon missing from the Taskbar display: Hi I have windows 10 ver 1803 (OS build 17134.165) Initially the Power / Battery icon was displaying in the task bar Right hand corner. But it is not displaying How to make it to display the battery level. Pl help...
  9. Browser Buttons in Taskbar Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Browser Buttons in Taskbar Missing: On start, the buttons for Edge, Chrome and Firefox are missing from the left side of my taskbar even tho they have been pinned. I can get them back by re-pinning them, but it's a pain I don't like. I have run SFC Scannow and there are no problems. I do run Classic Shell Menu,...
  10. Power Buttons on Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Buttons on Taskbar?: Is there a way to put a shortcut on the taskbar that would perform a shutdown when clicked? And another one that would perform a restart? 37232