Windows 10: Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.

Discus and support Windows power button doesn't Lock screen. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Please i need help. i am using a dell latitude E7270 with the windows 10 pro version installed. Before now i could easily lock my pc by pressing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mcy_, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Mcy_ Win User

Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.

Please i need help. i am using a dell latitude E7270 with the windows 10 pro version installed. Before now i could easily lock my pc by pressing the power button and on display on i will be asked to unlock my pc with my password which i am very much okay with. But for some time now, my power button no longer lock my screen but only turn off and on my screen display. I have tried every thing possible but nothing positive happened. Please how can i solve this problem......

:)

Mcy_, Feb 2, 2022
  2. kwinner43 Win User

Power button no longer locks screen

Originally,when i purchased my Surface pro 4 a few days ago, pressing the power button once would lock my screen. However, pressing it once now brings up the shut down screen. Are there any suggestions to fix this? Changing what the power button does in
    settings doesn't help.

kwinner43, Feb 2, 2022
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows power button doesn't  Lock screen. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 2, 2022
  4. SSShadii Win User

Shutdown using power button from lock screen

My problem is that Windows will not shut the computer down when you press the power button (physical button on the computer, not the button on the log in screen) at the lock screen or log in screen.

Is there a setting or registry I have to change to allow this to function correctly? Basically I have set the computer to turn off when I push the button on the computer in Windows settings, but it doesn't respond when you press it at the lock (or login) screen.
    Thanks for your help.

SSShadii, Feb 2, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows power button doesn't Lock screen. - Similar Threads - power button doesn't

2. Power button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button doesn't work: The power button doesn't work. It's like my power button is offline but i really want to try SignalRGB to see that using a Inuasion Fan works. I didn't know how does a 3 year old pc could show no life. That's only i could tell you about....
  3. Power button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power button doesn't work: The power button doesn't work. It's like my power button is offline but i really want to try SignalRGB to see that using a Inuasion Fan works. I didn't know how does a 3 year old pc could show no life. That's only i could tell you about....
  4. Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.: Please i need help. i am using a dell latitude E7270 with the windows 10 pro version installed. Before now i could easily lock my pc by pressing the power button and on display on i will be asked to unlock my pc with my password which i am very much okay with. But for some...
  5. Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.: Please i need help. i am using a dell latitude E7270 with the windows 10 pro version installed. Before now i could easily lock my pc by pressing the power button and on display on i will be asked to unlock my pc with my password which i am very much okay with. But for some...
  6. Power button and screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power button and screen: Hello I have a problem with my laptop. I assigned the power button to hibernate but when i press it nothing happens. And when i enter start menu and select power and choose hibernate the screen turns black but not off and the laptop keeps running but you can't do anything....
  7. Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?: In change what the power buttons do, I set the power button to sleep computer. But when I press it, the monitor just turns off, without locking or sleeping. submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments]...
  8. enabling physical power button on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    enabling physical power button on lock screen: I find it incredibly annoying that when one of my PCs are locked, I cant just hit the power button and leave. I will frequently try to turn off my desktop computer, late at night when the screens are off, just to realize hours later that it's still on. The only way to shut it...
  9. Shutdown using power button from lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown using power button from lock screen: My problem is that Windows will not shut the computer down when you press the power button (physical button on the computer, not the button on the log in screen) at the lock screen or log in screen. Is there a setting or registry I have to change to allow this to function...
  10. Physical power button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Physical power button doesn't work: About two months ago, the physical power button on my Lenovo X1 Tablet (3rd gen) stopped working. It won't put the machine to sleep nor will it wake it up from sleep. I've applied all updates from Lenovo and from Microsoft. I double checked the desired behavior in power...