Windows 10: windows power shell using so much CPU and Ram

Discus and support windows power shell using so much CPU and Ram in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; windows power shell randomly starts few windows then disappears after less than a second and in task manger it shows 3 processes that are using 1.17 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ahmad a1, May 26, 2023.

1. ahmad a1 Win User

windows power shell using so much CPU and Ram

windows power shell randomly starts few windows then disappears after less than a second and in task manger it shows 3 processes that are using 1.17 GB of rami have an I5 9 and rx580

:)

ahmad a1, May 26, 2023

2. Windows Shell Experience Host using 35 to 55% of CPU usage on Windows 10

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about CPU utilization by Windows Shell Experience Host, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to end the process from Task Manager and check.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together to open
      Task Manager

• Go to Processes tab, right-click on the Windows Shell Experience Host process and click
      End Process.

Step 2: Boot the computer in to Safe mode with networking and if the CPU usage is same.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 26, 2023
  3. Windows Power Shell eating CPU

Hi, I was looking at Task Manager and saw my CPU usage go to 100%. I sorted on that column and Power Shell was at the top using 70 to 80 percent of CPU. It pops to the top and then disappears. I don't get any error messages but do know PowerShell should
    not be nailing my CPU. It never used to prior to the most recent update.

Even when there were no active users, it would run periodically. I am running Windows 10 with reasonable performance. I am not doing heavy CPU computational work so am not aware if it is slowing anything significant down.

Appreciate any help other than backing out the last update which I am ready to do.

LouANewman, May 26, 2023
  4. windows power shell using so much CPU and Ram

Windows Power Shell

Just discovered Windows Power Shell and am having trouble recalling DOS commands. Can I find a list of available commands? How do I make >cd work for multi word directories?

DavidFleming1, May 26, 2023
Thema:

windows power shell using so much CPU and Ram

1. windows power shell using so much CPU and Ram - Similar Threads - power shell using

2. Why is PhotoService.exe using so much CPU?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is PhotoService.exe using so much CPU?: Why is the PhotoService.exe running and using a high level of CPU? Can I disable or delete it? Why is it necessary? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-photoserviceexe-using-so-much-cpu/e2095fa8-d8c4-41b1-8080-45b0edba767a
  3. windows power shell using so much CPU and Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows power shell using so much CPU and Ram: windows power shell randomly starts few windows then disappears after less than a second and in task manger it shows 3 processes that are using 1.17 GB of rami have an I5 9 and rx580...
  4. Windows Using so Much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Using so Much CPU: soo my problem is windows 7 and windows 10 is using sooooo much ram when i was using any program simple the windows programs it is good no High CPU usage when i turned on minecraft it give 100% cpu usage i thought i have to upgrade my cpu processor or ram i upgraded it now...
  5. Windows Using so Much CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Using so Much CPU: soo my problem is windows 7 and windows 10 is using sooooo much ram when i was using any program simple the windows programs it is good no High CPU usage when i turned on minecraft it give 100% cpu usage i thought i have to upgrade my cpu processor or ram i upgraded it now...
  6. Shell Infrastructure Host is using too much RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shell Infrastructure Host is using too much RAM: From one of the lasts updates of W10, The Shell Infrastructure Host is using more and more RAM for each pictures opened, look like each pictures add ~40 to ~60 Mo in the memory tab in the task manager, and the thing is that it's keeping it utile i restart my pc. idk if it's...
  7. Why is YouTube using so much RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is YouTube using so much RAM?: I am watching videos right now. I have my task manager up and once I use the search page, my memory usage shoots up at least ten percent if not more. Apparently nobody else is having this problem since I asked this question multiple times before in the YouTube sub with no...
  8. Apps uses so much RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps uses so much RAM: Before i run "Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool", all of the processes use 50% of a 4gb RAM, but after running the "Memory Diagnostic Tool" chrome uses so much ram more than before, and also i think that other apps slightly increased their RAM usage. anybody can help me with...
  9. Why Windows processes are using so much RAM

Why Windows processes are using so much RAM: My laptop has 16 GB of 3200 ddr4 RAM, but after letting it idle for about an hour the RAM usage goes straight up to 99% with only edge open. I checked my system and everything is up to date and the Task manager is saying I have 15.4 GB of available RAM. Is there anything that...
  10. System processes uses so much cpu power

System processes uses so much cpu power: Hi, please take a look at this screenshot. What are they for and why do they use so much of my CPU? And, is it possible to get rid of them? Device: Surface Book 3 i7 ver. [ATTACH] Thanks....