Windows 10: Windows power

Discus and support Windows power in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am a new user and have been doing some online research. Recently, i have a new laptop and am currently looking for ways to use it efficiently.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertBrubaker2, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Windows power

Hi,

I am a new user and have been doing some online research. Recently, i have a new laptop and am currently looking for ways to use it efficiently.

I have not kept up to date with computing, but through work i have to do some simple tasks like browse the internet and my Android device might as well be surgically implanted.... I recently read that using task manager to monitor and control processes may be not as efficient as some other tools.

I'm starting with a couple of YouTube videos called: mysteries of memory management revealed with Mark Russinovich; and Microsoft poweshell for beginners - video 1

Anyways I'm looking for ways to improve my windows knowledge. Does anyone know of system tools that are useful for personal laptop?

:)

RobertBrubaker2, Mar 29, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 29, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 29, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

Windows power

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows power

1. Windows power - Similar Threads - power

2. USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?: I recently got a new computer, and I notice that when I shut it down the red power light on my Blue Yeti stays on, but the device isn't on? I don't hear anything from it as I have my headphones plugged into it. But the light does turn off when I flip the the power switch on...
  3. USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB microphone stays powered when computer is shut down?: I recently got a new computer, and I notice that when I shut it down the red power light on my Blue Yeti stays on, but the device isn't on? I don't hear anything from it as I have my headphones plugged into it. But the light does turn off when I flip the the power switch on...
  4. My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load: Yo my pc wont shut down I tried through windows and even the button on the case but it wont work Settings doesnt load And i had a black screen Now home button doesnt work, task bar wont show up, and wallpaper is just black I have 2 lights on my case next to the power button...
  5. My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load

My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load: Yo my pc wont shut down I tried through windows and even the button on the case but it wont work Settings doesnt load And i had a black screen Now home button doesnt work, task bar wont show up, and wallpaper is just black I have 2 lights on my case next to the power button...
  6. PRODUCT ISSUE: Power Apps Model-Driven Apps Error After Creating a New Command Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PRODUCT ISSUE: Power Apps Model-Driven Apps Error After Creating a New Command Button: In the model-driven app designer, when I edit the command bar, add a new button and give it basic Power FX functionality and then save/publish the command bar I receive this error which comes up as a popup I'm unable to show a screenshot:The Component Library is still...
  7. PRODUCT ISSUE: Power Apps Model-Driven Apps Error After Creating a New Command Button

PRODUCT ISSUE: Power Apps Model-Driven Apps Error After Creating a New Command Button: In the model-driven app designer, when I edit the command bar, add a new button and give it basic Power FX functionality and then save/publish the command bar I receive this error which comes up as a popup I'm unable to show a screenshot:The Component Library is still...
  8. Driver Power State Failure" randomly makes my PC restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Power State Failure" randomly makes my PC restart: Hello,Recently I've been having an issue where my PC ran into a problem and restarts automatically. The error it shows is "driver Power State Failure." I updated all my drivers, hoping that would resolve the issue but it still persists. Initially touchpad dysfunction and then...
  9. Driver Power State Failure" randomly makes my PC restart

Driver Power State Failure" randomly makes my PC restart: Hello,Recently I've been having an issue where I get a blue screen that says my PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. The error it shows is "driver Power State Failure." I updated all my drivers, hoping that would resolve the issue but it still persists. I have a Dell...
  10. no power mode option in power setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no power mode option in power setting: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 to 11. Then, I went to the power settings in Windows 11. At first, I saw an option to change to the High Performance power plan. I switched it to Balanced, but then when I went back to the power settings, the power mode option was completely...