Windows 10: Windows powers down during boot, wtf?

Discus and support Windows powers down during boot, wtf? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I power up my PC, the BIOS boots, then I see the blue window in the center of the screen as Windows 10 x64 is allegedly booting, then my machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by coderjoe, Apr 25, 2017.

1. coderjoe Win User

Windows powers down during boot, wtf?

When I power up my PC, the BIOS boots, then I see the blue window in the center of the screen as Windows 10 x64 is allegedly booting, then my machine powers down/off. If I then press the power button again, Windows 10 actually boots as it should. Why the frack is Windows 10 doing this, it is very annoying. I did google this already and saw an alleged solution, to uncheck the Windows 10 Fast Boot option, but that has not fixed this issue. I never had this problem with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 which I had on my PC until a few weeks ago when I bought Windows 10 64 and installed it. Any solutions? Is this a known bug?
    Joe Coder

:)

coderjoe, Apr 25, 2017
  2. grschinon Win User

Nokia 8910i powers down during calls???

This is characteristic of a worn out battery.

Batteries have a finite lifespan. Once they get to the end of that lifespan, their internal resistance increases, which means that the voltage they output decreases significantly when the phone is drawing more power (such as during a call).

Your best bet here is to buy a replacement battery.

grschinon, Apr 25, 2017
  3. vinmilo Win User
    Nokia 8910i powers down during calls???

What's all that about. Has anyone else who has ever owned one experienced this glitch? It shows 3-4 bars on battery life, or even when fully charged, has tendency to power down during calls. When re-powered it shows normal battery...

I don't understand where this power issue is coming from. I am using O2 chip and the phone is unlocked and was brought in brand new condition.

I know it's old considering the current market but has anyone else owned one and have any ideas how to sort this?

vinmilo, Apr 25, 2017
  4. Windows powers down during boot, wtf?

Hi Joe Coder. Welcome to the TenForums @Joecoder

Are you applying any Overclocks to system? I don't have your system but the system I have will try to Overclock and if unsuccessful at one overclock will powerdown, drop the overclock and try again.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 26, 2017
  5. coderjoe Win User
    No overclocking. Now the past couple of days boot has been fine. I wonder is this is something to do with Windows 10 updates or something, it is frustrating when it happens, puzzling. I will check BIOS settings again, I know I did not overclock, but maybe there is a way to underclock or something.

coderjoe, Apr 29, 2017
  6. I think when I looked at manual your Over Clock is set to "Auto" by default. Could be it has found its happy place and is now booting with same settings.

Caledon Ken, Apr 29, 2017
  7. coderjoe Win User
    Yeah i just booted into my BIOS and saw some overclock and turbo settings set to Auto so i changed them two MANUAL which has the lowest setting of possible ranges. Let us hope this solves them problem! Great insight, thank you so much. I bet you are correct! I will strive to report back, could be a few days, if it seems to have solved the problem, so others will see from this example problem of mine.

coderjoe, Apr 29, 2017
  8. Windows powers down during boot, wtf?

Great. If after a few days you are comfortable please mark thread solved. Good luck.

Caledon Ken, Apr 29, 2017
  9. coderjoe Win User
    I feel the problem is solved, I have had consistent clean boots now, so surprise shutdowns, about ten such boots in a row past few days. Just odd Windows 10 has this issue, Linux (Linux Mint) had not problems booting with default BIOS settings; I have removed Linux though, going all in with Windows 10 as I like the cleaner GUI look and feel and I really need Windows for composing music.

coderjoe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows powers down during boot, wtf?

1. Windows powers down during boot, wtf? - Similar Threads - powers down during

2. windows 10 went down in sleep mode during a power cut and won't now boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 went down in sleep mode during a power cut and won't now boot up: Hi I have problems again with windows 10, 1 year after my last problem I had with an update which 'lost' my sound. I lived with it for a long time, then decided I had to take drastic measures. I have a HP Compaq dc7900 SFF PC ALL Product No.KP721AV with a windows 10 home...
  3. Am WTF is this ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Am WTF is this ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Black_s23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eh522s/am_wtf_is_this/
  4. WTF Microsoft

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WTF Microsoft: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kacu5610 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eepab5/wtf_microsoft/
  5. windows not powering down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows not powering down: Hi when I attempt to power down my computer all applications and programs shut down but the computer never acutally turns off. The screens are blank and unresponsive but the computer is still on. I have unchecked the "turn on fast startup" check box in power settings and...
  6. power down

power down: app preventing shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-down/89091f3d-eb7c-405e-a430-b334c506ebf0
  7. Power Loss during a major update... no longer Boots

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Loss during a major update... no longer Boots: So like the shmuck that I am, I accidentally unplugged the wrong power chord and my desktop is as in the middle of installing important update. I say important because it was the first time after 6 months my desktop was connected to the web, so that’s a lot of missed...
  8. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR during power down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR during power down: This error is now occurring after enabling Hyper-V in the Win10 OS Features. All of the automatic patching and configuration that takes place after enabling Hyper-V seems to have processed normally with several reboots noted. There are NO virtual environments defined as yet,...
  9. Freezing during boot + will not shut down. What is wrong?

Freezing during boot + will not shut down. What is wrong?: My free upgrade from 7 pro worked well for one month, but has become increasingly unstable. Firstly the boot up screen before sign-in virtually freezes - the circulating dots stutter and almost stop - I do not know if it eventually boots because I press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and...
  10. How do I power down during first boot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I power down during first boot?: Just bought a new windows 10 laptop. Turned it on for the first time. When I press the power button the computer goes into suspend. I want to shut it off, but there is no option to do that during the first set up. How do I power it off all the way? 66270