Windows 10: Windows Powershell Administration Password Recovery

Discus and support Windows Powershell Administration Password Recovery in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I attempted to change my PowerShell Admin. Password. The new password didn't take, but now the original PW does not work. How do I recover the PW?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FredGebauer, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Windows Powershell Administration Password Recovery

I attempted to change my PowerShell Admin. Password. The new password didn't take, but now the original PW does not work. How do I recover the PW?

:)

FredGebauer, Apr 6, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Win10 lost UAC (administrator)password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you forgot the administrator account password and you are unable to login. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to log in to built in administrator account and create a new administrator account.

Please try the steps given below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• From the Lock screen, click on
      Power
      button.

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and Click on
      Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment. Follow the below step.

Step 2:

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode by pressing the corresponding number.
    Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Step 3:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from
      Windows Recovery Environment

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

• Close the Command Prompt.

• Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.
    Refer the below link to create the new Local user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Windows Powershell Administration Password Recovery

Administrator forgot password and/or is not working anymore, cannot login

Hi Paul,

We apologize for not being able to address your concern in a timely manner.

I suggest you to boot through Windows 10 recovery media, then open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment and enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt and try to login though Built in Administrator.

4. Change the earlier password or you can create new user account.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows Powershell Administration Password Recovery

1. Windows Powershell Administration Password Recovery - Similar Threads - Powershell Administration Password

2. just lost the recovery Key and administrator password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    just lost the recovery Key and administrator password: just lost the recovery Key and administrator password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-lost-the-recovery-key-and-administrator/ae8157ba-3ce0-4036-845f-009b05ac6af4
  3. just lost the recovery Key and administrator password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    just lost the recovery Key and administrator password: just lost the recovery Key and administrator password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-lost-the-recovery-key-and-administrator/ae8157ba-3ce0-4036-845f-009b05ac6af4
  4. Password Generation - Powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Generation - Powershell: Hi there, We use a custom PowerShell script that resets a users password to a certain word and then a 7 digital number followed by a $. I want to make the script use a selected list of words instead of using the same word each time. I have checked google for answers but...
  5. Password Generation - Powershell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password Generation - Powershell: Hi there, We use a custom PowerShell script that resets a users password to a certain word and then a 7 digital number followed by a $. I want to make the script use a selected list of words instead of using the same word each time. I have checked google for answers but...
  6. Password Generation - Powershell

7. settings, cmd as administrator, powershell as administrator is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings, cmd as administrator, powershell as administrator is not opening: i can not open my settings app.also no option is showing to start cmd or powershell as administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-cmd-as-administrator-powershell-as/4e840f44-6303-46b7-a043-4c90e9e935c2
  8. settings, cmd as administrator, powershell as administrator is not opening

settings, cmd as administrator, powershell as administrator is not opening: i can not open my settings app.also no option is showing to start cmd or powershell as administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-cmd-as-administrator-powershell-as/4e840f44-6303-46b7-a043-4c90e9e935c2
  9. settings, cmd as administrator, powershell as administrator is not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Run PowerShell Script As An Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Run PowerShell Script As An Administrator: Hi. So I've been searching online on a way to do this yet I cannot find a way to do it. _______________________________________ I need this in specific: I want to double click a PowerShell script file (which will run as an administrator) from Windows Explorer that has...