Windows 10: Windows Powershell- Detect Docking Stations and attached monitors

Discus and support Windows Powershell- Detect Docking Stations and attached monitors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to write a script to detect all docking stations and monitors attached to those docking station for Lenovo Thinkpad t540p laptops on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Trix Rahbit, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Windows Powershell- Detect Docking Stations and attached monitors

I am trying to write a script to detect all docking stations and monitors attached to those docking station for Lenovo Thinkpad t540p laptops on a domain network. Most of the monitors are Asus. Any suggestions or is this even possible? Running powershell from DEV WIN 10

:)

Trix Rahbit, Feb 3, 2016
  2. EdGrove Win User

monitor

change settings for monitor attached to docking station on surface book

EdGrove, Feb 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 not detecting external monitor

I have a Dell Inspiron 7537 notebook with an Acer external monitor connected through a Dell docking station. This configuration worked under Windows 8. After update to Windows 10, the Acer monitor is no longer detected. Everything else connected through
    the docking station appears to be recognize and work correctly.

Claude_778, Feb 3, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Windows Powershell- Detect Docking Stations and attached monitors

You could use cmdlet Get-CimInstance:

Code: Get-CimInstance -Namespace root\wmi -ClassName WmiMonitorBasicDisplayParams[/quote]

Windows Powershell- Detect Docking Stations and attached monitors [​IMG]

Multiply the horizontal and vertical image size with 40 to get resolution in pixels. For example MaxHorizontalImageSize 48 / MaxVerticalImageSize 27 = 1920 * 1080 resolution.

More information about the monitors can be found with the following command:

Code: Get-CimInstance win32_desktopmonitor[/quote] -- OR --
    Code: Get-CimInstance win32_videocontroller | select caption, CurrentHorizontalResolution, CurrentVerticalResolution[/quote]
    And, if needed, information about the GPU:

Code: Get-CimInstance win32_videocontroller[/quote]

Kari, Feb 4, 2016
  5. Im sorry I forgot one word thatll make a complete difference. I am looking for the script to grab the serial numbers from the docking stations and serial numbers of the monitors attached to the docking station.

Trix Rahbit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Powershell- Detect Docking Stations and attached monitors

1. Windows Powershell- Detect Docking Stations and attached monitors - Similar Threads - Powershell Detect Docking

2. Docking Station WD19DCS doesn't detect second monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station WD19DCS doesn't detect second monitor.: Dell Precision 7540 docked to a WD19WDS with dual S2722DC monitors only works when I use integrated GPU, when I disable the integrated GPU and try to use my Nvidia Quadro TRX 3000 GPU, the PC only detects one monitor. I have updated drives and performed all the self check...
  3. Docking Station WD19DCS doesn't detect second monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Docking Station WD19DCS doesn't detect second monitor.: Dell Precision 7540 docked to a WD19WDS with dual S2722DC monitors only works when I use integrated GPU, when I disable the integrated GPU and try to use my Nvidia Quadro TRX 3000 GPU, the PC only detects one monitor. I have updated drives and performed all the self check...
  4. Docking Station WD19DCS doesn't detect second monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Docking station not detecting monitor

Docking station not detecting monitor: I've recently bought a new docking station so that I can extend the display of my laptop. It has a usb c connector, which I've plugged into my laptop and for the most part, it works. The wireless mouse works and various other devices that are plugged into to it via usb work...
  6. Docking station not detecting monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking station not detecting monitor: I've recently bought a new docking station so that I can extend the display of my laptop. It has a usb c connector, which I've plugged into my laptop and for the most part, it works. The wireless mouse works and various other devices that are plugged into to it via usb work...
  7. Second Monitor not detected via docking station.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor not detected via docking station.: Hello my friends,Today I have received a new docking station, but I am having some trouble connecting my second monitor to it main monitor is working. I am trying to connect:1x 4K 60Hz via DisplayLink WORKING1x FHD 60Hz via HDMI NOT DETECTEDI am using this Baseus docking...
  8. Second Monitor not detected via docking station.

Second Monitor not detected via docking station.: Hello my friends,Today I have received a new docking station, but I am having some trouble connecting my second monitor to it main monitor is working. I am trying to connect:1x 4K 60Hz via DisplayLink WORKING1x FHD 60Hz via HDMI NOT DETECTEDI am using this Baseus docking...
  9. Second Monitor not detected via docking station.

10. Docking station detection problem

Docking station detection problem: Hi I have bought Gold Touch HDDS-U3 docking station, I plugged both usb cables to the computer (one to SSUsb port and one to regular port), waiting for 30 minutes while it was turn off (for battery charging). After that I insert a 3.5' HDD and turn it on. Nothing happen....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powershell detect docking station

2. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

3. Powershell detect monitors

4. detect monitorts powershell,
  5. Get-CimInstance monitor resolution,
  6. how can a system detect two docking station when it is only one docking station been attached,
  7. powershell script to retreive monitor and docking station serial numbers,
  8. how to update docking station to identify more monitors,
  9. ciminstance dock,
  10. can CIMinstance detect docking station,
  11. Get-CIMInstance monitors,
  12. windows detect docking station,
  13. restarting a surface pro docking station powershell,
  14. powershell detect dock,
  15. getting attached monitors to workstation with powershell