Windows 10: Windows PowerShell launching every startup with some concerning parameters.

Discus and support Windows PowerShell launching every startup with some concerning parameters. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey all, for the past couple of weeks this has been bothering me on every startup of my Dell Laptop, any idea on how to make sure this isn't any... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by grz777, Jan 30, 2021.

1. grz777 Win User

Windows PowerShell launching every startup with some concerning parameters.

Hey all, for the past couple of weeks this has been bothering me on every startup of my Dell Laptop, any idea on how to make sure this isn't any malicious code opening my network to unregulated activity? The certificate claims it's for "Windows driver updates". I can post any system specs if they're required to fix this issue. Thanks

Windows PowerShell launching every startup with some concerning parameters. db67a12a-20a0-4c53-b9a2-8b3b320dac61?upload=true.jpg

:)

grz777, Jan 30, 2021
  2. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Windows PowerShell opens up at Startup

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Windows PowerShell might be one of the Startup programs on your computer. All the Startup programs are launched at Startup by Windows. I suggest you to check if the
    Windows PowerShell program is enabled on the Startup. To check the Startup programs press
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc Keys together and open Task Manager. Go to the
    Startup tab and check if Windows PowerShell is listed. If it is listed under the Startup programs, select it and click on
    Disable. Further restart the computer to check if the issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows PowerShell launching every startup with some concerning parameters. - Similar Threads - PowerShell launching every

2. Unable to launch Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to launch Windows PowerShell: Whenever I try to launch Windows PowerShell, either via the dedicated Windows PowerShell app or as an option via the Terminal, I get the following error.The shell cannot be started. A failure occurred during initialization: The type initializer for...
  3. Unable to launch Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to launch Windows PowerShell: Whenever I try to launch Windows PowerShell, either via the dedicated Windows PowerShell app or as an option via the Terminal, I get the following error.The shell cannot be started. A failure occurred during initialization: The type initializer for...
  4. Windows PowerShell launching every startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PowerShell launching every startup: Hello. This message began to appear several days ago in every startup. It is happening after y clicked on a.exe file that did nothing at first and the antivirus didn't detect as malware, but I'm concerned...
  5. Windows PowerShell launching every startup

Windows PowerShell launching every startup: Hello. This message began to appear several days ago in every startup. It is happening after y clicked on a.exe file that did nothing at first and the antivirus didn't detect as malware, but I'm concerned...
  6. Windows PowerShell launching every startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Some concerns about Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some concerns about Windows 11: I don't really have a question, it's more of a statement in the hopes that Microsoft notices. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I just got a new laptop and it has Windows 11. Yuck. I hate it and can't install 10 without a lot of hassle. Why do they have to change the layout of...
  8. Some concerns about Windows 11

Some concerns about Windows 11: I don't really have a question, it's more of a statement in the hopes that Microsoft notices. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I just got a new laptop and it has Windows 11. Yuck. I hate it and can't install 10 without a lot of hassle. Why do they have to change the layout of...
  9. Powershell on Startup?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell on Startup?: Whenever I boot up Windows, the Powershell window appears for a split second and disappears (but it remains running in the background). I don't know why but I found out that I have 2 instances of Powershell appearing in my list of Startup apps, both have high startup impact....
  10. Powershell: Add-VpnConnectionTriggerDnsConfiguration missing -AllUserConnection parameter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Powershell: Add-VpnConnectionTriggerDnsConfiguration missing -AllUserConnection parameter: I've set up a split-tunnel VPN connection, and am trying to force that connection to use the remote connection's DNS server. To do this, I'm trying to use Add-VpnConnectionTriggerDnsConfiguration in PowerShell. However, the VPN connection is in the Global Phone Book....