Windows 10: Windows powershell/module installer query

Discus and support Windows powershell/module installer query in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey all Since yesterday i have noticed for about a few seconds every 20 minutes something seems to trigger windows powershell and the module installer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by shadowblade, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Windows powershell/module installer query

Hey all
    Since yesterday i have noticed for about a few seconds every 20 minutes something seems to trigger windows powershell and the module installer service. I'am aware that both programs are essential so i'm wondering if this simple just routine maintainance or not. I have done the usual antiviral scans with came up empty or were non related with this (i had PUPs which were inside chrome but after uninstalling chrome, malwarebytes scans came back clean). I have provided a screenshot to show you what i have seen in the event viewer and task manager and whether I should be concerned or not. It does not any any impact on performance but it is a bit worrysome for me

Update (0118 GMT): for curiosity i ran the scannow/ sfc which said i needed to restart due to system repair. After i did this power shell des not have appear to have run since but i will wait at least 24 hours before marking as solved.

Windows powershell/module installer query [​IMG]

Windows powershell/module installer query [​IMG]

:)

shadowblade, Nov 27, 2017

2. Blocking KB3163018 Update: Error irql_not_less_or_equal dxgmms1.sys

I have found the answer in blocking unwanted/problematic updates... This article shows how to use powershell to hide updates from Windows so they do not continuously re-install. Preventing a certain Windows Update from installing on Windows 10
    This article is more information on the powershell update module, if interested... Use a PowerShell Module to Run Windows Update

If you want to try to install later you may un-hide.

Jones.Christopher, Nov 27, 2017
  3. Windows 10 cannot install updates

Have you gotten rid of this issue? - I'm also having this issue - as a workaround I installed powershell module PSWindowsUpdate Manage Windows Update with PowerShell to
    bypass this issue and still get all the updates I wanted...

Ricky Dagevos, Nov 27, 2017
Thema:

Windows powershell/module installer query

1. Windows powershell/module installer query - Similar Threads - powershell module installer

2. Powershell modules to work on MIM groups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell modules to work on MIM groups: Hi,I am having a Microsoft Identity Manager MIM group created in my organisation and I am trying to work on the groups using powershell to add/remove members or owners. The traditional Add-AzADGroupMember cmdlets are not working and throwing error like not recognised as the...
  3. Issue with MSMQ PowerShell module in PS7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with MSMQ PowerShell module in PS7: Please refer to the issue created in PowerShell github repo https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell/issues/18783While using MSMQ module command in PowerShell 7, we cannot pipe the output of Get-MsmqQueue to Remove-MsmqQueue, as it causes error.The same command works fine in...
  4. Unable to Download from URI, PowerShell Install-Module Error

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to Download from URI, PowerShell Install-Module Error: [ATTACH]On your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, you may get the Unable to Download from URI, PowerShell Install-Module Error when you try to connect to the PowerShell Repository or run the Install-Module cmdlet to install a package on your device. This post provides the...
  5. PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...: HI, I am trying to install a powershellmodule and getting the below error message. install-module : The term 'install-module' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included,...
  6. Unable to install modules and powershell ISE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install modules and powershell ISE: hello, Any one can you help me on above issue. unable to install powershell ise before that uninstall powewrshell ise, powershell not avialble in optional feature also... From another post: This is suman bandi i am not able to install module and powershell ise for...
  7. Issue with Install-Module from PowerShell Gallery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with Install-Module from PowerShell Gallery: I'm trying to Install modules from PowerShell Gallery , But Install-Module command is not working. Also Find-Module and a few commands are not working.[ATTACH][ATTACH]Previously I removed PowerShellGet from modules. I tried to installPowerShellGet from .nupkg file ,...
  8. Why does Powershell Install-Module fail inside Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Powershell Install-Module fail inside Windows Sandbox: Outside sandbox windows powershell is happy to Install-Module ; inside Sandbox the ability to do this is missing? The versions appear to be identical. I'm trying to automate a build process inside Sandbox using a Powershell script that installs and builds a number of things...
  9. I cannot install the DnsShell Powershell module

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot install the DnsShell Powershell module: I have downloaded the DnsShell.zip and followed the instructions at https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/21724.how-dns-aging-and-scavenging-works.aspx However, when I attempt to do the import-module DnsShell, I get the following: PS C:\Program...
  10. Powershell module vmware.powercli not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell module vmware.powercli not working: I have installed the powercli module in powershell using "install-module -name vmware.powercli"; Version 10.1.1.8827524 along with all the modules: Version Name ------- ---- 6.7.0.8250345 VMware.DeployAutomation 6.7.0.8250345 VMware.ImageBuilder...