Windows 10: Windows Powershell Opens Upon Startup

Discus and support Windows Powershell Opens Upon Startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I don't know why but Windows Powershell is opening upon startup of my PC. It's not even running any commands! I am concerned and annoyed! Is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jayden MagicCrayon9342, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Windows Powershell Opens Upon Startup

I don't know why but Windows Powershell is opening upon startup of my PC. It's not even running any commands! I am concerned and annoyed! Is this normal and if yes how do I disable it?

:)

Jayden MagicCrayon9342, Mar 2, 2020

2. Windows PowerShell opens up at Startup

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Windows PowerShell might be one of the Startup programs on your computer. All the Startup programs are launched at Startup by Windows. I suggest you to check if the
    Windows PowerShell program is enabled on the Startup. To check the Startup programs press
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc Keys together and open Task Manager. Go to the
    Startup tab and check if Windows PowerShell is listed. If it is listed under the Startup programs, select it and click on
    Disable. Further restart the computer to check if the issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Windows Powershell auto opens when booting up

Hi Victor,

To stop Windows Powershell to start whenever you boot up your laptop, we suggest you to follow the steps listed below for selecting the services you want to run at startup:

• Search System Configurationfrom the taskbar.
    • Select the top result, System Configuration desktop app.
    • Go to the Startup tab on the System Configuration main window.
    • Uncheck the box next to Windows Powershell program.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Restart to restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Windows Powershell Opens Upon Startup

Windows PowerShell opens up at Startup

Hi Richard,

Thanks you for posting your reply and update.

Conhost.exe a completely legitimate executable process as long as it’s running from the system32 folder, and is signed by
    Microsoft. You may enable it. Refer to the steps suggested in the previous post, you can disable any startup service individually by clicking and selecting it. Follow the steps to
    disable Windows PowerShell and Enable the rest.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows Powershell Opens Upon Startup

1. Windows Powershell Opens Upon Startup - Similar Threads - Powershell Opens Upon

2. PowerShell Crashes upon opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell Crashes upon opening: I have recently been facing a problem with PowerShell. Whenever i open PowerShell, it will crash and sometimes it will give out this error [process exited with code 4294901760 0xffff0000] I have tried running SFC /Scannow but it didn't work. I would be really grateful if...
  3. PowerShell Crashes upon opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell Crashes upon opening: I have recently been facing a problem with PowerShell. Whenever i open PowerShell, it will crash and sometimes it will give out this error [process exited with code 4294901760 0xffff0000] I have tried running SFC /Scannow but it didn't work. I would be really grateful if...
  4. PowerShell Crashes upon opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Powershell terminates itself upon startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell terminates itself upon startup.: I believe i encountered the problem a few months ago or so, everytime i start PowerShell, it simply terminates itself. Before it does though, it displays this error message:Windows PowerShell terminated with the following error: Could not load file or assembly...
  6. Powershell terminates itself upon startup.

Powershell terminates itself upon startup.: I believe i encountered the problem a few months ago or so, everytime i start PowerShell, it simply terminates itself. Before it does though, it displays this error message:Windows PowerShell terminated with the following error: Could not load file or assembly...
  7. Powershell terminates itself upon startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Powershell opening on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell opening on startup: Everytime I boot my computer three tabs of powershell opens and it says its running WOW64. Why is that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-opening-on-startup/a0acb780-cc21-4ccd-907c-a142ffd4dab2
  9. Powershell opening on startup

Powershell opening on startup: Everytime I boot my computer three tabs of powershell opens and it says its running WOW64. Why is that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-opening-on-startup/a0acb780-cc21-4ccd-907c-a142ffd4dab2
  10. Powershell opening at startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell opening at startup.: Hello, Powershell kees popping up whenever my PC starts up. The location is C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe This also was popping up when I had Windows 7. Norton's doesn't detect anything wrong. Can someone please help???...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does microsoft word open automatically

2. powershell update startup

3. windows powershell pops up on startup