Windows 10: Windows precision drivers please

Discus and support Windows precision drivers please in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Omen 15ce072tx laptop with default Synaptics drivers. However I had installed Windows precision drivers and they worked really well. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hellpish, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Hellpish Win User

Windows precision drivers please

I have an HP Omen 15ce072tx laptop with default Synaptics drivers. However I had installed Windows precision drivers and they worked really well. So when the new windows updates rolled out, I was extremely irritated by how I has forgotten to backup my driver. Also, the original source for the precision drivers have updated their drivers too so that they don't work anymore. Can anyone suggest where to get Windows Precision drivers that will work with my laptop?

:)

Hellpish, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 2, 2019
  3. drivers for precise biometrics mc 250

Hi Domenico,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Plug in the device and run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter first to check if that helps.

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    If the above method didn’t work then follow the below method

If the drivers for the precise biometrics mc 250 still couldn’t get detected I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Method 2: Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

windows precision drivers for toch pad are not seen as installable in 1809

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Windows Precision Touchpad is a new class of input devices that provide high precision pointer input and gesture functionality. Microsoft’s precision drivers are made for Windows 10 and customized for ideal trackpad
    experience, however not all devices can run the precision touchpad drivers, though Microsoft has made precision touchpads a requirement on new hardware with newer versions of Windows 10.

You can check if your device already has the precision drivers installed.

Navigate to Settings->Devices->Touchpad.

If you see the Your PC has a precision touchpad text, it means the driver is already installed.

If the driver is not installed, you can follow the steps given below and see if you can get it to work.

• Extract the downloaded drivers to a temporary folder.
    • Right click on Start menu (Windows logo) and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on Elan device and choose
      Update driver.
    • Select Browse my computer for driver software.
    • On next prompt, select
      Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    • On the next page, click the Have Disk button at the bottom right corner of the window.
    • In the Install From Disk window, click the
      Browse button and navigate to the folder where you extracted the touchpad driver.
    • Select the Autorun.inf file in that folder, and then click the
      Open button.
    • Select ELAN Pointing Device option in the list of models, and then click the
      Next button.
    • You will see a warning saying that Windows can’t verify that it is compatible with your hardware.
    • Click on Yes to proceed with installation.
    • Reboot the computer once the installation completes.

If the touchpad doesn’t work after system reboot, roll back the driver to the previous version.

• Extract the downloaded drivers to a temporary folder.
    • Right click on Start menu (Windows logo) and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on Elan and select
      Properties.
    • Click on Roll back driver to reinstall its previous version.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows precision drivers please - Similar Threads - precision drivers please

2. Windows Precision Trackpad Driver is Flawed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Precision Trackpad Driver is Flawed: Microsoft Windows Precision Driver has had an awful bug since its arrival in windows 10 and 11 earliest and current releases.If a users' finger makes a short stroke followed by an immediate left-click press whether using one or two fingers thumb as left-click, index as curser...
  3. Windows Precision Trackpad Driver is Flawed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Precision Trackpad Driver is Flawed: Microsoft Windows Precision Driver has had an awful bug since its arrival in windows 10 and 11 earliest and current releases.If a users' finger makes a short stroke followed by an immediate left-click press whether using one or two fingers thumb as left-click, index as curser...
  4. Installing windows precision trackpad driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows precision trackpad driver: My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 320. I tried installing precision touchpad but my trackpad just stopped working after that. I reverted back to the prior driver which is ELAN. I need to know if anyone has successfully managed to upgrade a ideapad elan touchpad to precision...
  5. Regarding Driver for precision touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding Driver for precision touchpad: Laptop : Dell XPS 14 L401X WIndows 7, upgraded to windows 10 insider latest build I had a normal touchpad on my laptop. The driver was synaptics pointing device. I wanted a precision touchpad. So, I found some information on this website : How to enable a Precision Touchpad...
  6. Choppy Scrolling on windows precision drivers

Choppy Scrolling on windows precision drivers: I just installed windows precision drivers on my 6 year old ideapad which had elan drivers and the scrolling has surprisingly got worse and choppy. Any fix ? submitted by /u/fartinguzi [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows precision drivers

Windows precision drivers: Hey guys I just learned yesterday that you can install the Windows precision drivers on basically any Elan or synaptics trackpad, I tried to install it on my Lenovo IdeaPad which has Elan drivers, the drivers get installed succesfully but after rebooting the mouse doesn't...
  8. Precision driver on L340-15IRH

Precision driver on L340-15IRH: Hey, I've been trying to find a way to install the precision driver on my L340-15IRH. Found several articles and an archived post on how to do it. It's a Synaptics touchpad so I tried following the according steps but it just gives me an error that it's not compatible. To be...
  9. Precision touchpad Native Windows driver?

Precision touchpad Native Windows driver?: ok, so I have been working on this issue for a while now. I finally found something in my manuals that states the touchpad is a Precision so dell does not have a driver for it. the trackpad depends on the windows native driver. All settings/devices/touchpad is the only...
  10. Precision Touchpad Driver

Precision Touchpad Driver: Hello I've just got a new Samsung Laptop, and it has a precision touchpad (from Synaptics) in it. I'm trying to find a way to disable the "Precision" bit of it, so I can use synaptics own drivers, which have more options (specifically, the palm control on it is awful, and...