Windows 10: Windows prefers a dead LAN cable over a working Wifi connection - wt..??

Discus and support Windows prefers a dead LAN cable over a working Wifi connection - wt..?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Peeps, sadly, i have outages of connectivity on my home internet connection, which are happening quite often (almost daily at night between 00:00... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/meerjungfrauman, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Windows prefers a dead LAN cable over a working Wifi connection - wt..??

Hi Peeps,

sadly, i have outages of connectivity on my home internet connection, which are happening quite often (almost daily at night between 00:00 and 04:00.

luckily, i have a unlimited cellphone data plan, so i just create a hotspot and connect to it.

now to the main problem: My Windows 10 remains offline! even when connected to the wifi from my cellphone, it remains offline and cant open any webpage! the only fix i found so far for this is to climb under my table and remove the LAN cable from the pc, then it works just fine!

Somehow windows prefers the LAN connection even if it isnt really online, whats that about?!

Any ideas on how to fix this behaviour?, meaning tell windows to use whatever resource is offering the best (if any) connection?

This issue really seems unrealisticly stupid to me, i really dont get it

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/meerjungfrauman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/meerjungfrauman, Feb 9, 2021
  2. stevenc47 Win User

Lan and wifi connection switching randomly

Am running Windows 10 homewith HP laptop. I am connected directly to my cable/phone modem and, also, have installed Netgear router connected to modem. My internet connection keeps on changing from LAN to Netgear wifi. It is bothersome when trying to download and surf. Not sure whether it's a Windows problem or Netgear problem. Any suggestions would be helpful.

stevenc47, Feb 9, 2021
  3. wifi gets off while lan cable is connected

Hi meharcv

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. This article talks about 5 ways To Automatically Turn Off WiFi When Ethernet LAN Cable Is Connected. To keep it turned on, use the reverse option.

https://www.itechtics.com/5-ways-automatically-...

Vijay_Verma, Feb 9, 2021
  4. meharcv Win User

Windows prefers a dead LAN cable over a working Wifi connection - wt..??

wifi gets off while lan cable is connected

Hi,

while connecting the LAN cable the wifi gets off automatically. how we can fix it

meharcv, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows prefers a dead LAN cable over a working Wifi connection - wt..??

1. Windows prefers a dead LAN cable over a working Wifi connection - wt..?? - Similar Threads - prefers dead LAN

2. LAN cable disconnecting WIFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN cable disconnecting WIFI: We have just received our new DTF printer which users a LAN cable to connect this to the laptop. How ever when we connect this to the port it automatically disconnects the WiFi. This seem to be getting the priority over WiFi. The printer doesn't need a Internet connect just...
  3. LAN cable disconnecting WIFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAN cable disconnecting WIFI: We have just received our new DTF printer which users a LAN cable to connect this to the laptop. How ever when we connect this to the port it automatically disconnects the WiFi. This seem to be getting the priority over WiFi. The printer doesn't need a Internet connect just...
  4. LAN cable disconnecting WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Permanently prefer wifi connection over LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently prefer wifi connection over LAN: I'm out in the country and have a very poor landline internet connection, the laptop is connected to my home network via a LAN cable. I have better internet connectivity via a mobile phone hotspot, and this is connected via Wifi to the laptop and this is where I want to...
  6. Permanently prefer wifi connection over LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently prefer wifi connection over LAN: I'm out in the country and have a very poor landline internet connection, the laptop is connected to my home network via a LAN cable. I have better internet connectivity via a mobile phone hotspot, and this is connected via Wifi to the laptop and this is where I want to...
  7. wifi connection doesnt work when connected to lan cable

wifi connection doesnt work when connected to lan cable: so all of a sudden my lan cable connection to my laptop says "no internet" and the internet doesnt work since i put the cable to my laptop but when plug out the cable it works even though its quite slow. please help, thank you all sm...
  8. LAN Cable connected No internet accessWIFI Works

LAN Cable connected No internet accessWIFI Works: Hello Everyone. I hope you can help me. I have a lingering problem. I can use internet through wifi, but I cant use internet through LAN cable. I am using Windows 10. Here's what I have done so far. ipconfig /flushdns , ipconfig /release ipconfig/renew . I tried every...
  9. How to Wake-on-Lan (WOL) over WiFi? (Preferably using iPhone)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Wake-on-Lan (WOL) over WiFi? (Preferably using iPhone): submitted by /u/jamesx413 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwsrwk/how_to_wakeonlan_wol_over_wifi_preferably_using/
  10. wifi gets off while lan cable is connected

wifi gets off while lan cable is connected: Hi, while connecting the LAN cable the wifi gets off automatically. how we can fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-gets-off-while-lan-cable-is-connected/8eb8478a-b604-4e95-a7fe-012f956bd9f0