Windows 10: windows preloading software on login screen not working

Discus and support windows preloading software on login screen not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I've bought a new laptop and I've noticed if I boot it and go do something else, and login after a little bit it has preloaded all my software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Elias8477, Sep 26, 2020.

1. windows preloading software on login screen not working

Hello,

I've bought a new laptop and I've noticed if I boot it and go do something else, and login after a little bit it has preloaded all my software that is selected to start on login. When I tried it with my desktop however, it didn't load any software until after I logged in. What's this feature called and where can I enable/disable it?

submitted by /u/Elias8477
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Elias8477, Sep 26, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Login Screen, Preload Desktop

"One PC loads the all apps while at the Login Screen, where you enter password. So when i press enter, all the apps is already running. The other PC doesnt load any apps at login screen, they only start loading when i hit enter. "

Loading UWP apps before shutdown/restart is a new feature. Read this thread -
    on a restart Fall Creators Update reopens apps from before
    The most acceptable solution is this (On, if you want open app to auto load or Off, if you want normal start):

windows preloading software on login screen not working [​IMG]

mrgeek, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Alex P Win User
    Windows preload software before login

I am a windows 10 user the only owner of this computer and even though I have a log in screen with password I would like to try to speed up the process of my computer.

Is it possible to "ask" windows to keep preloading software of my startup folder before the login takes place (I am the only available user) so to speed up the process? There are times that in between restarts you are not at your computer and when you are back after doing the login you need to wait again extra time for loading your software to take place.

I would like to thank you for your reply
    Regards
    Alex

Alex P, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

windows preloading software on login screen not working

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

windows preloading software on login screen not working

1. windows preloading software on login screen not working - Similar Threads - preloading software login

2. Windows login screen not working as intended

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows login screen not working as intended: When I boot up my windows 10 computer, the login screen opens with the time, date and the personalised background picture, as normal. I am able to move the cursor with my mouse, but when I want to go onto the screen where you enter your PIN by pressing any key on the keyboard...
  3. Windows login screen not working as intended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows login screen not working as intended: When I boot up my windows 10 computer, the login screen opens with the time, date and the personalised background picture, as normal. I am able to move the cursor with my mouse, but when I want to go onto the screen where you enter your PIN by pressing any key on the keyboard...
  4. Keyboard not working at Windows login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard not working at Windows login screen: Hi, Since yesterday I can't login on Windows because my laptop's keyboard wont work when password is required. Judging from the on-screen keyboard it thinks that the Alt-key is pressed. In the BIOS keyboard test it's fine though. Any ideas? Regards Erik [IMG]...
  5. Desktop preload

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop preload: Hi there! On Windows 10, after a reboot the desktop loads all the programs before I enter my login PIN. Is there a way to do this after a Power On? (without using startup scripts) submitted by /u/Pascaleiro [link] [comments]...
  6. Login screen not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Login screen not working: Hello, I am unable to enter the pin on the login screen, its its not moving at all. Let me explain briefly I am running windows 10 on dell laptop. When i start the system it takes me to the login screen where I'm supposed to enter the pin. For some reason i do not get...
  7. Microsoft Edge Preloadings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Preloadings: I have windows 10 home edition, I understand that gpedit is not available on this version. CCleaner says it cannot clean "sessions" due to the preloading settings of Edge. I want to clear this so it can. I was directed to gpedit, then to the registry...
  8. Windows 10 preloaded

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 preloaded: Hi, so i bought a laptop from a guy , i understood that it has windows 10 already preloaded on it so i don t need a cd or usb , it s a lenovo t420 , but the guy pulled the hdd out of the laptop to keep it , now i m confused like how to activate windows from bios (if i have...
  9. Login Screen, Preload Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Login Screen, Preload Desktop: "One PC loads the all apps while at the Login Screen, where you enter password. So when i press enter, all the apps is already running. The other PC doesnt load any apps at login screen, they only start loading when i hit enter. " Loading UWP apps before shutdown/restart...
  10. Windows 10 login screen not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 login screen not working: I get to the login screen that says "Hi there, welcome back!", and when I press the "Next" button the login screen takes a long time and I get a loading cursor. If I press anything after that, the computer restarts itself and the problem begins again. Due to this, I can't...