Windows 10: Windows printer driver causes mouse freezing periodically

Discus and support Windows printer driver causes mouse freezing periodically in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Epson XP-960 printer. I have installed a printer driver supplied by Epson, but Windows automatically installs another driver. Apparently there's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkoBjörkroth, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Windows printer driver causes mouse freezing periodically

I have Epson XP-960 printer. I have installed a printer driver supplied by Epson, but Windows automatically installs another driver. Apparently there's some sort of conflict between the drivers, making my mouse freeze for 0,5 to 1 second in 2 to 10 second periods. This problem also affects my keaboard, resulting in missed keys when I'm typing text. Needless to say, this is really annoying.

The problem is worst when the printer is in sleep/power save mode (power on, but I haven't printed anything for >10 minutes).

If I uninstall the second printer driver, the problem disappears... but this is not a permanent solution, because windows keeps on reinstalling the driver. How can I prevent this?

:)

MarkoBjörkroth, Aug 21, 2019

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Windows printer driver causes mouse freezing periodically

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows printer driver causes mouse freezing periodically

1. Windows printer driver causes mouse freezing periodically - Similar Threads - printer driver causes

2. Windows and AMD driver causes laptop to freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows and AMD driver causes laptop to freeze: Windows 10 keep getting stuck for few seconds which is annoying .Best guess either windows 10 update or AMD Radeon R5 graphics driver.Issue started with Windows 10 update...
  3. Windows and AMD driver causes laptop to freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows and AMD driver causes laptop to freeze: Windows 10 keep getting stuck for few seconds which is annoying .Best guess either windows 10 update or AMD Radeon R5 graphics driver.Issue started with Windows 10 update...
  4. Windows Notifications Causing mouse Freezes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Notifications Causing mouse Freezes?: Hey everyone,Ever since I have become a Windows "Insider" and received "Insider" updates, my Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop has become unstable. The mouse movement freezes and I have to tap the mouse pad several times to unfreeze it. Sometimes even that does not work and I have...
  5. Windows Notifications Causing mouse Freezes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Notifications Causing mouse Freezes?: Hey everyone,Ever since I have become a Windows "Insider" and received "Insider" updates, my Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop has become unstable. The mouse movement freezes and I have to tap the mouse pad several times to unfreeze it. Sometimes even that does not work and I have...
  6. Computer freezing periodically

Computer freezing periodically: System Info:Windows 10 Education 64-bit latest updatesCPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800XRAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB 2x8GB DDR4-320GPU: MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X 8G OCMotherBoard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWKPower Supply: Corsair RM850 850W 80+ Gold Modular PSUStorage: Samsung SSD 860 M.2 2TBMonitors:...
  7. Recurrent errors with Schannel /Isass.exe causing periodically freezing of the system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recurrent errors with Schannel /Isass.exe causing periodically freezing of the system: Since the upgrade of my laptop system to the current versionof windows I experience periodic freezing of my screen. Even Ctrl-Alt-Del wouldnot bring up Task Manager and if it comes up it would not respond. The only wayto get out of the freeze is to reboot the laptop. I’m...
  8. Mouse pointer periodically freezes and stutters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer periodically freezes and stutters: As the title implies, the mouse on my windows 10 laptop will occasionally freeze and stutter semi-uncontrollably. This typically happens while in-game, especially when loading a game. I have done a bit of research and tried some generic fixes reinstalling drivers, etc and...
  9. Periodic freeze on Windows 10

Periodic freeze on Windows 10: My desktop computer Dell XPS 8900; Windows 10 up to date has been freezing up periodically over the past few months. When this happens the trackball and keyboard are unresponsive, even to Ctl-Alt-Del commands. After 10 15 seconds it returns to normal. I believe this...
  10. Windows 10 freeze but not periodically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 freeze but not periodically: My Windows 10 Home is freezed unreasonably. Sometimes it could happen 4 to 5 times within half hour, but sometimes it may not freeze for whole day ( 12 hours ). I think my PC desktop is hacked by unknown hacker? The hackers use 'kick' technique to freeze my PC desktop. How...